Loved it? Hated it? What did you think of "Echo?"

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 8/10 very good episode. So far 4 episodes and I have loved them all S9 is proving so far to be the best season of Smallville yet.

The opening scene where Clark stopped that bombing was tremendous. I loved how he showed up on the roof beforehand. That whole scene was very Superman to me.

The random powers thing is abit like what? but this random power really helped the episode. It was very cleverly done and it was such a laugh.

The robot bit seemed abit too out there for me at first but then I just thought meh its a comic book show but this episode was just so cool.

Comment

• I liked this episode.Liked the toyman returning,the new power and clois dating

Comment

• I liked this one! Lois was adorable loool.
        Def. a Clois (Clark/Lois riiiight? Just to be sure LOL) in the making here XD

Comment

• Tremendous idea to have Jor-El first allow for him to learn of telepathy. It also just made too much sense to return Toyman to the story, and tie it back to Lex. I'm so impressed how the show is carrying on with as much intrigue without Lex. It's like without him, they were able to move on to new challenges and villains.
          Smart move also to delve into Oliver's phyche, of his willingness to commit suicide because he is so lost and confused with himself right now.

Comment

• Gave it a 9.

Starts off really good. One of the best teasers of season 9. I liked the idea of telepathy but they should have made the explanation behind more specific. Sure it was temporary but they should have added something like the Fortress' ability to sustain it. Because...why stop using a power like that? It is morally wrong yeah, Clark doesn't use his superhearing or x-ray vision without a reason either. But why would mind reading be any different?

Btw, I found it a little far fetched that Tess would track Oliver down in person and not send his g-mannish goons. I'd really expect this to be more Lois' appartment but I guess she has enough costumes...and the uzi whatever might have been too much.

This episode was a good blend of dark and light again. Clark stuff had a serious theme (trusting humans to better protect them) but told humorously. While Oliver's story was just all dark up to the point where he would have committed a suicide. Loved Clark's reaction to it, simple but so touching. Toyman had his brief comeback but it was well told and made sence after season 8. Another theme with Oliver that was taken further was Oliver seeing himself becoming what he hated the most: Lex.

I would have liked it more if it was Clark that put Oliver back on track instead of that hideous episode "Roulette". Clark was busy saving others that he didn't see the people right in front of him I get it, but he should have seen the warning signs.

Loved the end where they hinted at the return of Metallo...which was pretty lame in "Upgrade" with no mention of the Toyman or what happened to him.

IMO this was the first really good episode after "Savior".
            Last edited by BoyScout-ManOfTomorrow; 09-23-2010, 05:37 AM.

Comment

• Had a lot of funny Clois moments. The episode only have one scene set in Smallville: the Chloe and Lois interaction, at the Talon apartment. In last season's "Bloodline", Lois mentioned getting her own apartment (though, she might've lost it, during her absense between the seasons). It's a bit odd, that they both still live at the Luthor-owned Talon. Of course, this was the era of them desperatly trying to keep Smallville relevant to Smallville.

The main plot revolves around the Fortress giving Clark telepathy for a short while. Given the plot of this episode, I'm not so sure that Clark's abilities developed at random (which they sometimes appeared). In the finale, Clark realizes that largely everything that he's gone through over the past ten years, have been his trials. Jor-El seeded the ability of telepathy in Clark, to be activated, at an appropriate time. It is then possible, that Jor-El programmed Clark's abilities (which he has been shown to be able to remove and restore), to develop at appropriate moments. Like Clark developing x-ray vision, just as he's about to go up against a foe with a green glowing skeleton.

However, I'm not crazy about the idea, that the Fortress can just grant Clark new powers, outside of the standard Kryptonian set. It greatly reduces his limitations, when it can (pressumably) grant him whatever power he requires, to accomplish a task.

Comment

Working...
              X
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎