Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I liked it and gave it an 8.

I'd love to see more flashbacks of Damon/Katherine/Stephan - best part of the episode IMO.

I'm not too keen on Vicki so I'm not sure if I like her as a Vamp. But at least her and Jeremy are more connected to the main storyline now.

This episode was so good that I didn't even realise that Bonnie and Caroline hadn't appeared until it ended.

Comment

Originally posted by Xanderman
      10/10 Another great episode of a really fun series.

But boy is the Elena actress continuing to reveal a serious lacking in acting chops. I don't know how she got cast. Was being "cute" enough? Must have been.
      I saw Nina Dobrev in Degrass and it is no surprise that she brings the same flat, stiff energy and skills to this role. And she is cute but she nothing special IMO. I can't understand how she got casted as the lead.

I didn;t like this episode. I give it a 6

-I think they are progressing the story, like Elena finding out, to soon. Just like they introduced Damon to quickly.
      -Why did Elena and Katherine have to be played by the same person. it would have been better if she they looked similar
      -Vikki turning seemed kinda pointless
      -Stephen said he is over Katherine. Yet he came back to be with her twin?
      - Where's Caroline? It would have been cooler to turn her! Vikki seems so left field.
      -Damon makes the show for me. Always brill!

Comment

Originally posted by Saber
        I'm just saying, I am having a hard time believing that these two guys love this women so much... actually 145 years much, that it is all they have been living for or thinking of. Especially if she's the cause of them being vamps in the first place. A kinda odd displacement of loyalty…I don’t know maybe they are into something kinky. go figure.
        Lol, good point. That's a very long time for not one but both to be carrying a torch for her. So maybe the brainwashing was indeed a lasting thing....or maybe they're doing something similar to True Blood, where vampires have a special relationship with their makers. On True, if I remember right, they must obey their maker forever, unless their maker "releases" them. Maybe here, vamps love or care for their makers for all time, unless they are similarly released in some way. Who knows. Maybe we just need to see more backstory to understand why the brothers had (and still have) it so bad for Katherine.

Originally posted by MsNJS
        I saw Nina Dobrev in Degrass and it is no surprise that she brings the same flat, stiff energy and skills to this role. And she is cute but she nothing special IMO. I can't understand how she got casted as the lead.
        I never watched that show, but I have no doubt she was just as bad as you say, and possibly worse. lol j/k

-Why did Elena and Katherine have to be played by the same person.
        Especially when that person is Nina Dobrev, right....lol personally I think it would have been great if Katherine was played by Kristin Kreuk. Then the two could have a showdown, an acting (if we could call it that, lol) battle royale of sorts to determine once and for all, who in fact of these two lovely ladies is the worst CW/WB actress ever, past or present. heh j/k (My more serious answer to this is that there is probably a deeper reason why they look identical--like maybe Elena is the reincarnation of Katherine, or something like that).

-Stephen said he is over Katherine. Yet he came back to be with her twin?
        Hilarious.

- Where's Caroline? It would have been cooler to turn her! Vikki seems so left field.
        I agree, Caroline would have made a fun vamp. Turning Vicki was indeed more left field and was probably meant to be just that (ie. an unexpected surprise/twist). One of those "keep us guessing" things...I'm just glad they didn't kill her off (and I hope they never do).
        Last edited by Xanderman; 10-18-2009, 09:49 PM.

Comment

I agree, Caroline would have made a fun vamp. Turning Vicki was indeed more left field and was probably meant to be just that (ie. an unexpected surprise/twist). One of those "keep us guessing" things...I'm just glad they didn't kill her off (and I hope they never do).
          I would have loved Caroline as a vampire and was sort of expcting it. But viki as a vamp was a surprise an twist I surprsingly liked espeacilly her scenes w/ Damon just made me like Viki. She was starting to get really annoying. I think she'll completely intersting and crazy as a vampire. And her scenes w/ Damon espeacilly the dancing were hilarious! And I'm glad they didn't kill her off when Damon killed her I was hoping on the comercial break that she would turn into a vamp and she did, so Ithink it will be cool.

----- Added 2 Minutes later -----

And I'm glad Caroline didn't turn to be a vampire because it would be even more sad because of her mom. Sure it's sad w/ Viki and jermey and her brother. But carolines mom is a vamp hunter it would just be so much worse.
          Last edited by chlo-el; 10-19-2009, 07:36 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

This was the episode that changed me from a casual viewer into a fan. We finally got Stefan coming clean about his secret, the Jeremy/Vicki story just got a LOT more interesting, and we see the first signs that Damon cares about something rather than himself. Two weeks is way too long to wait for the next episode.

My only complaint is Elena's reaction at the end. Maybe I'm just way too used to the leading lady simply not caring that her love interest is a vampire/alien/mutant/etc. that it came almost as a shock she wasn't ok with it, too.

Comment

This was the best episode so far. I hadn't expected much from this show, and I'm surprised how entertaining it's turned out to be. It's amazingly fast paced with a lot going on, plots and subplots are created, characters are developed, and the storylines move briskly along in every episode.

I'm liking Elena more and more. First she was smart enough to figure out what Stefan was after only 4 episodes, unlike Smallville, where they dragged out Clark's "secret" for 6 years. Then she actually had enough brains to understand that having a vampire for a boyfriend really isn't such a great situation. A refreshing change from other shows and movies of this type, where the girlfriend character is usually a helpless fool.

I think Nina did a nice acting job in this episode. Her performance in the scene where she confronted Stefan was very convincing and she also did a solid job in the scene with Damon. She wasn't convincing in the flashbacks, but both the guys were even worse. Couldn't any of them even try to emulate at least a trace of a Virginia accent? Especially the boys, since they were supposedly raised there, while it's possible Katherine wasn't.

Comment

10! I loved this episode Damon and Vikci were so funny together and I loved how Elena remained strong through out the whole episode even though she was scared of Stefan. And Damon she really held her own i wouldn't be able to do that mostly because I love Damon and if he was that close to me I would just give myself to him right then and there. But my mom's reading the books right now and she's looking forward to watching the series my friend's mom is watching it too. And I'm like going around telling everyone I know to watch the vampire diaries. So the ratings can go even higher and we can get a full season! We're just one step away from it!!! Everyone Pray!!!!

Comment

I think a major reason with Clark is that, because of the comics, people almost accept that hardly anybody knows his secret. The different is that Clark didn't actually HAVE a double-identity in the show at that point, so it came across as lying. I don't really blame him for that, though. Jonathan spent almost every single episode drilling it into his head that he couldn't confide in anybody.

I also don't think the girlfriend character is always a 'helpless fool'. The opposite, in fact--they tend to try TOO much to be involved in the guy's new world, voluntarily putting themselves in more danger to protect someone who doesn't really need protecting. Roswell, Twilight--even Smallville's done this with Chloe since she figured it out.

Comment

Nobody with any brains or common sense would simply accept that their boyfriend is a vampire as if they had only learned he was Jewish or a vegetarian or something. Bella in Twilight was a pathetic dimbulb. Elena's response was more realistic, although even she gave Stefan way more benefit of the doubt than a true life person would. She only had Stefan's word that Damon did all the killings.

Anyway, Stefan is still going to keep hanging around Elena regardless. It's necessary for the show.

Comment

Who could play Katherine

L
                      Especially when that person is Nina Dobrev, right....lol personally I think it would have been great if Katherine was played by Kristin Kreuk. Then the two could have a showdown, an acting (if we could call it that, lol) battle royale of sorts to determine once and for all, who in fact of these two lovely ladies is the worst CW/WB actress ever, past or present. heh j/k (My more serious answer to this is that there is probably a deeper reason why they look identical--like maybe Elena is the reincarnation of Katherine, or something like that).

You know who would have been perfect to play katherine, lookwise, Emmanuella Chirqui

Comment

Gave it 9.
                        Really good episode, though it felt kinda long to me, meaning I probably didn't enjoyed it as much as in the previous episodes. Awesome none the less.

Comment

9. This was probably my favorite episode this season. I loved it!

Comment

O.........M............G............WOW

"Everything you know, and every belief that you have is about to change. Are you ready for that?"

Fantastic episode and very well executed. 10 out of 10. This is how you do it. This is how you executive a tv show like this. Well written drama, action and more importantly suspense. When a tv show does suspense right, I love it. Also, everything was beautifully executed, the back story with Katharine, the Stelena scenes, and but Damon stole this show. Ian Somerhaulder is a FANTASTIC actor. And no offense to Paul Wesley but Ian as Damon is probably half the reason this show is great. I loved the Damon/Vicky scenes, the Stelena scenes and even the Damon/Elena scene. "Don't look at me with those judgy little eyes" There is NOTHING wrong with this episode or at least I can't find anything. A great continuation of the last. We did miss Bonnie, Caroline and Aunt Jenna but I'm glad they didn't include them if they didn't need to be. I hate it when characters are shoved into story lines where they don't make sense. BTW was that Logan that got bitten and I guess died at the end?

I don't give 10s unless I feel like the episode REALLY deserved it and this one deserved it.

----- Added 11 Minutes later -----

I keep reading the comments before me and everytime I read that Elena found out too soon I want to . Has the SV bug bitten everyone beyond the point of repair? Don't get me wrong, SV had it's place for the "secrets and lies" between Clana and Clois. But this show is not about a Superhero who's identity needs to be kept secret. Why is it so bad that she knows? I think it's a good way to move the plot along so that the storylines aren't spread too thin. Plus this isn't a show like SV. SV was a "filler" type show. This is a more serialized show. Anywho, I just have to get that off my chest.
                            Last edited by super_j_man; 02-04-2012, 09:16 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

My niece gets very upset whenever someone turns into a vampire. I'm not sure why she even likes this show.

Comment

9 points
                                Yay vicky is now the vampire, ha ha ha..that was fun!!
                                Damon, can he get any hotter than that...love it
                                and whats with Killing Zack, hello i expected more from that character, he would perhaps the only human that stefan has left who understand what it is... sad sad sad

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎