No announcement yet.

Where was Pete...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where was Pete...

at Jonathan's funeral and at Chloe's wedding?

Excellent question! Considering those were two life changing events that Pete should've been a part of! And also Martha Kent wasn't around for Chloe's wedding either!

Comment

Oh I know! Whats up with that? I love your avator btw...

Comment

For real. Kinda pisses me off how swiftly they brushed him off...

Comment

I COMPLETELY agree. I can understand why he's not there when you think of Smallville as just being a show and Sam Jones III as an actor who is (or was) pretty busily involved with a lot of other projects at the time of those seasons, but it is extremely weird that he wouldn't have been there for his friends' graduation from Smallville High in Season 4, Jonathan's funeral in Season 5, Lana's wedding in Season 6, and ESPECIALLY Chloe's in Season 8.

Comment

Didn't Sam Jones III get arrested in real life. I miss Pete as well, but I don't know that I want the CW paying for drugs by keeping Sam employed. However, if it turns out that he is innocent, I say bring him back as often as possible. I really liked Pete, and always felt that the writers did a poor job of using him. Bring him and Lex back for Season 10 (if it happens) and make them friends. I would love a flashback episode of just the two of them and how they went from enemies to friends. I would free up the schedule to do another JL episode.

Comment

I'm probably in the minority on this one, but I like that he didn't constantly reappear for moments in the other characters lives. It adds a degree of realism. He moved away to Wichita. At first, he and Clark and Chloe might have written or phoned each other, every now and then. But, as times passed, this happened less and less. Then, one day, they realize that they haven't spoken in years (and they might not have anything to talk about). That's real life. Ironically, it makes the relationship between Clark and Pete more realistic, than Clark's relationships with Lana and Chloe.

Real-life: Lana moves to Paris in 2004, staying there. Maybe comes back to visit Smallville, years later.

Television: Lana moves to Paris in 2004, but comes across a convoluted reason to return to Smallville, within three months.

Real-life: Clark, Lana and Chloe graduates Smallville High. Clark goes to Central Kansas University. Chloe and Lana attend Metropolis University. They no longer live in the same town, or attend the same school (so, they don't see each other every day). They lose contact with each other, because all three are moving on with their lives. Clark and Lana break up, partly because of longdistance relationships not working. Then they might run into each other, at their high school reunion. Chloe might attend Clark's wedding. However, not because of their friendship, but because Clark marries Chloe's cousin. The relationships between all three were high school. After they left Smallville High, they continued to grow and eventually grew apart.

Television: Despite living hours away (and having school, with Clark and Chloe having things to do after they're done; Clark's work on the Kent Farm (along with superheroics); Chloe's part-time job at the Daily Planet), they still manage to see each other every day. Even after Clark and Lana break up, they keep being part of each other's lives, then tries to re-enter a relationship again and again. In season 6, Chloe moves back to Smallville (despite having both school and job in Metropolis), keeping her close to Clark (as does Lana).

Comment

Originally posted by SGuthrie27
                I COMPLETELY agree. I can understand why he's not there when you think of Smallville as just being a show and Sam Jones III as an actor who is (or was) pretty busily involved with a lot of other projects at the time of those seasons, but it is extremely weird that he wouldn't have been there for his friends' graduation from Smallville High in Season 4, Jonathan's funeral in Season 5, Lana's wedding in Season 6, and ESPECIALLY Chloe's in Season 8.
                Well, considering that he was in the same grade, he was probably busy graduating himself. Should he have blown off his own graduation, to travel to another town and just watch theirs?

Comment

Working...
                X
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎