No announcement yet.

Feels Dry...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feels Dry...

I've been holding my thoughts off for a couple of weeks, but after 5 episodes I think it's time I share. I really don't know what to say about this season so far. I don't feel like they're doing anything new, every week feels like another rehash. I can't say that it's terrible, but it's far from enjoyable.

• Tracy Strauss. I like where she is right now. She's sort of re-discovering her abilities and you can really tell that she wants to do the right thing and help people.
    • Claire Bennet. For the first time ever, I actually like this character. Free from the grasp of her family and the company, she's definitely starting to learn how to be herself by herself. Only thing from this topping my list is that it comes one season too late.
    NEUTRALS:
    • HRG. Nothing new with this guy. Been there, done that. Scenes with Tracy are decently entertaining. For some strange reason I want them to partner up and just do stuff.
    • Hiro. It REALLY displeases me that THE character with the most respect, authority, and maturity from season one is at where he's at now. Hiro is dying? Really? Why don't I feel sad about this at all? Perhaps it's that stupid music that plays in all of his and Ando's scenes.
    • Sylar. See HRG above. Nothing new, just delaying the beast within. Then we're back to square one.
    DISLIKES:
    • My absolute number 1 dislike...why does EVERYONE have abilities? And why are the people without them more interesting to watch on-screen? This show's title is so misleading. Heroes? It should be called "Completely random people posessing completely random powers for completely random reasons". I wish I could say that in the fantasy world that this show takes place, that anything is possible. But the word "anything" implies a sense of hope and wonder, and instead Heroes is a world in which everything is possible.
    • Where the heck is Mohinder?
    • Mica?
    • That guy who can breathe underwater that Claire helped runaway?
    • What about this new "company" that was supposed to have been formed by HRG and the Petreli family? That had potential. Just another continuity gap I suppose.
    • Coming back to my first point...why does it feel now, more than ever, that I'm simply watching a collection of mini-biographies? There is absolutely ZERO sense of urgency this year. Everything is very slow and dry. None of the heroes feel the need to work together for anything, let alone even hang out for a drink.
    Just venting.

Give it time. There was no sense of urgency in season one's begining.

Comment

I am going to make some points to your points.

• Tracy Strauss. I like where she is right now. She's sort of re-discovering her abilities and you can really tell that she wants to do the right thing and help people.

-I agree, but it has more to do with seeing Captain Sheridan again.
      • Claire Bennet. For the first time ever, I actually like this character. Free from the grasp of her family and the company, she's definitely starting to learn how to be herself by herself. Only thing from this topping my list is that it comes one season too late.

-It seems that Hayden has gone to some facial acting school, because she has been the most animated character this season. She has really improved from the last few seasons.

NEUTRALS:
      • HRG. Nothing new with this guy. Been there, done that. Scenes with Tracy are decently entertaining. For some strange reason I want them to partner up and just do stuff.

-I am actually digging HRG more this seasons. He is becoming more human with trying to find a place in this new world. I do think he is going to team up with either Tracy or Peter to reform the company.

• Hiro. It REALLY displeases me that THE character with the most respect, authority, and maturity from season one is at where he's at now. Hiro is dying? Really? Why don't I feel sad about this at all? Perhaps it's that stupid music that plays in all of his and Ando's scenes.

-Hiro really seemed revert back to season one Hiro in season three. This season, he is acting like anyone who found out they have a terminal disease with going through the motions. I actually do feel bad about Hiro dying and if he does die, I am pretty much done with the show. At of all the story arches, I think think this has the most pontiential.

• Sylar. See HRG above. Nothing new, just delaying the beast within. Then we're back to square one.

-Sylar is in such a weird place right now especially with Nathan gone. Him in the carnival is going to be very interesting.

DISLIKES:
      • My absolute number 1 dislike...why does EVERYONE have abilities? And why are the people without them more interesting to watch on-screen? This show's title is so misleading. Heroes? It should be called "Completely random people posessing completely random powers for completely random reasons". I wish I could say that in the fantasy world that this show takes place, that anything is possible. But the word "anything" implies a sense of hope and wonder, and instead Heroes is a world in which everything is possible.

-Gretchen, HRG and deaf girl's mom are all normals as well as Erin Hudson's cop if he stays on which I hope. Heck, maybe even Ando is too since Hiro went back in time. I do understand the fustruation that everyone has an ability which got really out of control in season three, but it does appear they are making an effort to introduce more normals then usually. Fugitives was mostly the normals as the villians with Danko, so I am not really sure if everyone has a power really fits into this argument of late.

• Where the heck is Mohinder

-Who cares? Mohinder has been a train wreck since season two. I am glad he is gone, so the show can have more time with the other more interesting Heroes.
      • Mica?

-Who cares? Well, I do. I would like to see Mica back again, but I expect it to be later on after the new company is formed.

-See Mohinder. Really Aquaman is weak in DC, that kid was even weaker then that.

• What about this new "company" that was supposed to have been formed by HRG and the Petreli family? That had potential. Just another continuity gap I suppose.

-Mrs. Petreli in the first episode was all about it, but HRG backed out and they really can't trust Nathan in his present form. Peter felt he should be more of hero then a bag and tagger. So, it just kinda died out while Mrs. Petreli is still pushing for it. I would say by the middle of the season we will see HRG teaming with Traci and/or Peter to recreate a kinder gentler company since I get the feeling Angela is going to be killed this year.
      • Coming back to my first point...why does it feel now, more than ever, that I'm simply watching a collection of mini-biographies? There is absolutely ZERO sense of urgency this year. Everything is very slow and dry. None of the heroes feel the need to work together for anything, let alone even hang out for a drink.

-I actually like this slow burn season which they seem to refrencing with the one carny's daughter. Its actually a nice change of pace from the world is going to end storyline from chapters one to three. Fugitives was also a fast season since they were all on the run by the end of the first episode. They are taking their time this year and making it a more about personal battles ie Peter desires to be a hero, Claire adjusting to college, the carnival wanting a family and Matt vs. Sylar. I do hear people I guess you never read comic books. Most comic books have a few panels of action while the rest of the book is about moving the plot at least the good ones. I am digging this season for its pace and it does seem next week we are going tobe moving into another gear with Peter and HRG trying to save Hiro while Sylar remembering who he was.

Comment

Talking about characters we don't see no more, when rebecca was appearing to that karni guy, i thought it was Monica, micah's cousin and found that interesting for a second.

Comment

Originally posted by Melekith
          I've been holding my thoughts off for a couple of weeks, but after 5 episodes I think it's time I share. I really don't know what to say about this season so far. I don't feel like they're doing anything new, every week feels like another rehash. I can't say that it's terrible, but it's far from enjoyable.

NEUTRALS:
          DISLIKES:
          • Where the heck is Mohinder?
          • Mica?
          Just venting.
          I gotta agree on most points but they are still rushing through potentionly interesting storylines way too fast. Particarily Sylar - so fast that I don't even want to watch him anymore till he's fully Sylar again, lol.

Why go through the horrible mistake of making him Sylar/Nathan just to undo it like two eps later? Then when they COULD have gonna a super interesting route and had Sylar still THINK he's Nathan while being in his real Sylar shape... what do they do? Drop the ball that's what. Ugh, call me when this snooze fest is over, I need a nap.

Comment

Man, it's getting sad.. lol So much potential wasted... WTF are these writers doing?? Seems like they are just collecting a paycheck..

And this whole "wah, I just wanna be normal" crap is so old it's ridiculous, Claire is by far the most annoying character.. I do like that Peter is finally getting back to where he was, Hiro dying is just plain stupid.. I am glad he has all his powers back though.

This show has REALLY dropped the ball and quite honestly this will probably be the last season.. Other non related forums I visit are TRASHING the show like crazy, with over half already have stopped watching after last weeks episode..and the otehr half is giving it a few more episodes..

Well, at least there is Supernatural....

Comment

Working...
            X
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎