Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oliver's Shotgun

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well he traded up the bow for a shotgun since he's not Green Arrow anymore.Needs a new monicker now: Uzi Ollie or something.

Comment

Why are people so intent on singling out certain people in SV?

The ONLY thing that peaks my interest on a "Eh?" level was the fact Olly already had a shotgun. Even that doesnt surprise me to be honest, with his current state. It was "IN CHARACTER".

Lois hit someone across the face with a fire extinguisher, hard. Oh, but no one can character bash her for that, it was self defense! I'll tell you what, if anyone wants to ignore the fact that this is lethal, please hit your best friend over the head with one

Ooh, lets see, Clark threw someone 20/30 feet, and baring in mind Clarks punches could probably break someone in half, (and even restraining himself because of Lois's presence) if they were real people, they would be dead. Simple.

Oh, AND he threw someone off a balcony. Doesnt matter though, right?

Tess sliced 'em up with a Katana fer christs sake.

I arent against any of this, I think it was a brilliant episode. I think its extremely short sighted to think that with these judgements, Oliver was the only one who was "out of order". Double standards much?!

Brilliant ep though. Really enjoyed it.

Comment

Originally posted by flashofblueandred
        I gotta say I loved the shotgun, but yeah, why on earth would Oliver be carrying that thing all over Metropolis?
        He took it to go after Tess! I almost fell of my chair when I saw it

Comment

The only problem I had was the fact that it didn't make sense for Oliver to come to the Daily Planet (unaware initially of the virus spreading) with a shotgun when all he was doing was looking for Tess. That was simply a pothole and while it's annoying, I'm not going to dwell on it.

As for Oliver killing "innocent people" ... um ... these people were going to eat him alive! It's called self-defense, and yes, the tragedy is that with the antidote these people would turn back to normal, but in the meantime what was Oliver supposed to do? Just let these zombie-like people munch on him or Lois? Yeah, that wasn't gong to happen. Besides, Oliver wasn't the only one using excessive force. Tess had her sword, Lois had her fire extinguisher, and Clark had his super strength. I'm sure a lot of these people suffered severe damage at the hands of all of these characters (including death) but it was all in self-defense. If these zombie-like people were only trying to bite others (say like Vampires, just to infect) then that would be something else. But they were clearly trying to bite off some serious flesh. Imagine having a chunk torn off from your neck? Yeah, you'd be alive for about a minute and then dead. So I'm not going to criticize Oliver or anyone else for doing what they had to do under these extreme circumstances.

----- Added 1 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by borednow
          Exactly! You see a bunch of Zombie looking things coming at you and you think about the possible consequences of shooting them! Me I'm going to go resident evil on their butts too!
          Exactly! I mean come on!

Originally posted by jcore0429
          What I love is the fact that Oliver already HAD the shotgun when he got to the Planet. I guess he wanted to talk to Mercy gangsta style!

----- Added 3 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by actaeon
          I was waiting for a "destroy the brain, kill the ghoul" shout out.

As for Ollie's ethics:
          1.) Self defense

2.) How long did the zombies live anyway, before the virus killed 'em?

Gotta say, I'm liking Ollie more and more. Love the cool Ducati, love the sawed-off. If he gets one iota cooler, I say make him an honorary Winchester brother!
          ITA. Good post and I'm liking Ollie more and more too...except when he's being an obnoxious jackass which is happening at least once in each episode.

----- Added 5 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by Joanna
          I'm not sure he was aware that they were humans who can be cured. Besides, they would have killed him instead
          Short and to the point. Good post!

----- Added 6 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by Fawbish

The ONLY thing that peaks my interest on a "Eh?" level was the fact Olly already had a shotgun. Even that doesnt surprise me to be honest, with his current state. It was "IN CHARACTER".

Lois hit someone across the face with a fire extinguisher, hard. Oh, but no one can character bash her for that, it was self defense! I'll tell you what, if anyone wants to ignore the fact that this is lethal, please hit your best friend over the head with one

Ooh, lets see, Clark threw someone 20/30 feet, and baring in mind Clarks punches could probably break someone in half, (and even restraining himself because of Lois's presence) if they were real people, they would be dead. Simple.

I arent against any of this, I think it was a brilliant episode. I think its extremely short sighted to think that with these judgements, Oliver was the only one who was "out of order". Double standards much?!

I really wish I had read this before I typed my intial post. It would have saved me a few minutes of typing! ITA on every point.
          Last edited by Ella; 10-13-2009, 01:51 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Glad to hear somebody who agrees.

Comment

I loved that in prior eps the Barn gets so trashed again and again. We've moved up, folks, now it's the DP that's trashed. The zombies may have awakened without memory of what happened, just thought one heck of a staff party....

Comment

I honestly dont mind that side of it (as long as its not tooo obviously forgotten about etc)

I mean, how much of the city does the Doomsday/Supes fight destroy in Superman: DD? A lot.

It has to happen that way due to the very nature of how Clark fights his enemies.

That would have been one hell of a staff party though!

Comment

The show's based off a comic, and people get thrown across the room and sustain head injuries all the time with no permanent damage. I'm willing to believe the writers didn't consider the fire extinguishers lethal...it's not really too far a stretch.

Again, Clark's throwing people has never been shown to be lethal. Though I did miss his throwing someone off a balcony...don't remember that part.

I really wouldn't expect anyone to call Tess out on killing zombies; she kills regular people, too, so that's kind of a moot point...

With the exception of Tess (who doesn't hold herself to any clear moral standards), I'm pretty sure the writers didn't intend for any of the other counter-attacks to be lethal. Oliver's was really the only one that left no room for interpretation. Believe it or not, though, I'm not against it, either; I don't hold Ollie to a "no-killing" rule. All I'm saying is, Clark probably would, and I found it odd he just kind of accepted that. The only double standard is with Oliver and Tess, and, well, Clark's not about to go lecturing Tess on what it means to be a hero...

Again, believe it or not, I did, too.

And for the record, Oliver's one of my favorite characters. If I'm singling him out, it's only because he's being noteworthy in that regard. That part honestly stood out to me; believe me, I don't try to find fault with any particular character...
                  Last edited by Skaterpen357; 10-13-2009, 09:29 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Jor-El
                    Exactly. Gunpowder wasn't his style. Where's them arrows????
                    *sighs*

Comment

If he took the gun it wasnt because he just randomly had a gun, he wanted to settle something with Tess.

Comment

Originally posted by InspectorOlsen
                        If he took the gun it wasnt because he just randomly had a gun, he wanted to settle something with Tess.

I hope he has the same attitude towards Chloe when he finds out that it was her and not Tess.

Comment

Originally posted by Ella
                          Exactly! I mean come on!
                          Who wouldn't fall back on years of video game training?

Comment

That's why this episode was so much fail. It's totally accepted to shoot monsters when you don't have a cure. Too bad they are shitting on Green Arrows character and making him a killer...

It's a no-win situation. Solution...DON'T WRITE ZOMBIES IN SMALLVILLE!

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎