Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oliver's Shotgun

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

A very common typo when spelling Lois since the letters "I" & "U" are very close on keyboards.

Comment

I was waiting for a "destroy the brain, kill the ghoul" shout out.

As for Ollie's ethics:
      1.) Self defense

2.) How long did the zombies live anyway, before the virus killed 'em?

Gotta say, I'm liking Ollie more and more. Love the cool Ducati, love the sawed-off. If he gets one iota cooler, I say make him an honorary Winchester brother!

Comment

After reading these posts, I think it's just the genre convention that's got me. In a superhero story, it's rare to see the protagonist kill (depending on the story), and it's even rarer to see him kill "minor enemies" he doesn't have a personal beef with.

In another show with the exact same plot, it wouldn't feel out of place at all. (Though I personally get just slightly disturbed at the idea of the good guys killing innocent-but-brainwashed people regardless, but that's just me.)

Would that be a double-standard on my part? Majorly. But what can you do...

Comment

Did anyone else think this was the Halloween episode early? (Glad it wasn't vampires.) I give them extra leeway in those so they can play up the season.

Thanks for helping me catch that he would have been carrying the rifle to make it more fun when he confronted Tess. I was just going with the whole of-course-he-has-gun-there-are-zombies and spaced on the fact that he's Green Arrow.

Comment

I half-expected Clark to say something about it afterwards when he talked to Ollie. I'm torn - loved he blasted a zombie through the door but also knowing that it was a virus that was reversed means at some point, there should have been repercussions or reflection about killing the infected people.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack-El49
              I half-expected Clark to say something about it afterwards when he talked to Ollie. I'm torn - loved he blasted a zombie through the door but also knowing that it was a virus that was reversed means at some point, there should have been repercussions or reflection about killing the infected people.
              that's what I was thinking as well.

it's somewhat symbolic..that Clark and Lois were the only ones to only fend off against the zombies without killing them, while the former couple/lovers of Tess and Oliver immediately went for the kill...not that I'm saying that it was entirely wrong if they really thought that there wasn't a cure at the time and such..but you see where i'm getting at it.

on a sidenote..idk why..but i was suddenly wishing that he would have a shotgun malfunction when being annoying..haha

Comment

It's a little strange that the show would go with Zombies and have Ollie blasting them away, since Zombies are basically, already DEAD!

Comment

Didn't Lois bust a few skulls with a fire extinguisher????? I saw Clark shove atleast one zombie go over the railing on the steps........adults only have a 50 percent chance of surviving a fall of 15ft.

This epp had more action than last years finale!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by jpfort1957
                    Didn't Lois bust a few skulls with a fire extinguisher????? I saw Clark shove atleast one zombie go over the railing on the steps........adults only have a 50 percent chance of surviving a fall of 15ft.

This epp had more action than last years finale!!!!!!!!!!
                    This is sad, but so true!

Comment

Im glad someone posted this thread. I'm just gonna pretend he used a bat or something.

Comment

like a bat wouldn't kill anyone...

Comment

I'm not sure he was aware that they were humans who can be cured. Besides, they would have killed him instead

Comment

Yea he had to do it. Hell Olliver always was about doing what you have to do.

Comment

Originally posted by Renshai
                              If I understood Oliver correctly he came to the DP to see Mercy because he thought she was the one spying on him and only found out about the zombies when he got there and they attacked him. Is that correct? And if so, where did the shotgun come from? Did he bring it with him to confront Tess? If that's his reaction then Chloe better make sure that she's really covered her tracks.
                              I gotta say I loved the shotgun, but yeah, why on earth would Oliver be carrying that thing all over Metropolis?

Comment

Yea he had to do it. Hell Olliver always was about doing what you have to do.
                                Yeppers. Survival. He had no idea that Chloe and Dr. Hamilton would come up with an antidote. At the time it was kill or be killed.

It's a little strange that the show would go with Zombies and have Ollie blasting them away, since Zombies are basically, already DEAD!
                                I think that calling them zombies isn't technically correct since they weren't dead to begin with but became infected with the virus and then returned to normal as soon as they were exposed to the antidote. You make a good point.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎