Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did whomever writes the descriptions even see the episode?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was thinking that once the episode was over... I was so confused... lol

Comment

Itunes description: Chloe becomes a hero in her own right

I had a bit of a shock when I read the itunes description of Smallville and saw that 'Chloe becomes a hero in her own right'. Has any one else seen this?

Now, I was expecting that Chloe isn't satisfied being Clark's sidekick (and honestly, how can you be a sidekick of someone whose pretending not to get involved with you or your race?). I expect she'd try and organize the JL, maybe work with Lois to get Oliver back (as Lois still thinks she's the only one who knows Olvier's secret ID) and work as Watchtower with her hacking skills. Where did you see Chloe's story line heading this season?

Yet become a hero in her own right is a shock that I didn't see coming. The producers have stripped her down to Chloe 1.0 (no healing powers, no Brainiac infection, no Davis stalker influence), which I like a great deal more. Yet how will her hacker powers make her a hero? Will she rule a world of cyber influence? Or will she simply be reining Clark in or shooting him the GPS co - ords of bad guys (which seems more side kickery to me).

Any ideas?

Comment

not a shock been saying it all summer, actually since season 8 2nd half definitively, Hopefully it's not lana 2.0 Clark does still ask Chloe for help, but she clearly wants a bigger role in the overall scheme of things.

So, she gets an alias as well as her mythos role, and why she wasn't mentioned in Legion because she was under a pseudonym. They haven't showed signs of any physical power, but maybe she and Hamilton conjure up something with benign inactive BrainIAC powers/nano-supercomputer cells that previously ran rampid in her system? Maybe something like BrainIAC 5/ChloIAC 2.0 a cross fuss of the previous powers. This is assuming Legion didn't syphon all of BrainIAC.

Or, she becomes a powerless hero, and just a brilliant mind. Mind Girl 1.0 she can tap into any government base, no Kryptonian intellect stands a frigging chance... She's Mind-Girl mo-fo, maybe a bit of a stretch. But, all that downloaded knowledge from BrainIAC should still be somewhat in her.

Or those scenes in Lois come true, but in order for Chloe to gain special powers she has to die.... which could mean she's doomsday... lets hope not

Comment

I think that Chloe's greatest ability is her intelligence. She doesn't need additional powers to do something good. She has her brains and Oliver's money and I suppose that's the direction in which her story will be going, like in Rabid.

Comment

I can see her as a hero in her own right. It's a bit early yet, but that's where I see her headed: as Watchtower, basically the organizing force behind the JL. (At this point, the JL sorely needs organizing; and I see Chloe as just the gal to do it.) "In her own right" because she seems to be out from under Clark's coattails.

Comment

As some people have pointed out, she's the hero of this episode in that she and Dr. Hamilton developed and distributed the cure for everyone; this was a rare instance in which Clark merely helped (and was Lois' personal hero). So I think this episode was a sort of Chloe Sullivan: Hero story.

Comment

Originally posted by Joanna
                I think that Chloe's greatest ability is her intelligence.
                You can't be serious.

Comment

Originally posted by Skaterpen357
                  As some people have pointed out, she's the hero of this episode in that she and Dr. Hamilton developed and distributed the cure for everyone; this was a rare instance in which Clark merely helped (and was Lois' personal hero). So I think this episode was a sort of Chloe Sullivan: Hero story.
                  l'd say Hamilton was the hero in that regard more then anything, and Chloe was the actual side kick or assistant. Hamilton came up with the diagnosis/solution/execution all around Chloe helped him. And it was Clark's blood that saved everybody period in which he didn't hesitate to give under a kryptonite-laced needle that almost killed him upon injection into the blood stream. I say he had more to lose and was the biggest hero IMO. Not to mention it was Clark who got the two involved in the first place knowing he needed their expertise, running the blood sample. It was a conjoined effort. Which isn't individual heroism, I think they have something else in mind for the character that emphasize a bigger heroic role for the character.

Comment

Is this the description of Chloe's arc for the season or this episode?

I can't quite bring myself to look forward to seeing Chloe become a hero in her own right this season, but it'll be amazing if it happens. I hope Chloe's arc for the season lives up to that description.

If she revives the Justice League that will certainly be heroic. Maybe she'll be instrumental in defeating Zod somehow. "Metallo" set up Chloe and Clark vs. Tess in retrieving Lois' memories from the future. There are several fronts in which Chloe could step out as a hero in a new way - or in a familiar way as Watchtower.

Comment

Originally posted by Farm_Girl
                      You can't be serious.
                      Well, I am. At least that's the way they have been portraying her from the very beginning. She made a few stupid decisions guided by arrogance, so I believe, not by lack of brains. I am not a fan of hers but she is smart, that's what the producers want to tell us and that's why I believe this is the direction they are taking her: Watchtower, no physical 'heroing'.

Comment

I agree. What she did was nothing short of a miracle.

Comment

Well, her tracking the justice league and saving them is what they meant.

Comment

Originally posted by Dominicus
                            l'd say Hamilton was the hero in that regard more then anything, and Chloe was the actual side kick or assistant. Hamilton came up with the diagnosis/solution/execution all around Chloe helped him. And it was Clark's blood that saved everybody period in which he didn't hesitate to give under a kryptonite-laced needle that almost killed him upon injection into the blood stream. I say he had more to lose and was the biggest hero IMO. Not to mention it was Clark who got the two involved in the first place knowing he needed their expertise, running the blood sample. It was a conjoined effort. Which isn't individual heroism, I think they have something else in mind for the character that emphasize a bigger heroic role for the character.
                            Hm. Perhaps. To clarify, is this part of an episode description or a season description? Trying to see Chloe's heroics this episode, but it'd make more sense if that wasn't supposed to be now.

Comment

I think her role as Watchtower has a lot of hero potential.

Comment

Hm. Perhaps. To clarify, is this part of an episode description or a season description? Trying to see Chloe's heroics this episode, but it'd make more sense if that wasn't supposed to be now.
                                Umm err no, I believe the topics got merged and title changed, check the first post. The title change, it was previously, originally an Itune's spoiler, starting from Serynarpc post. Itunes description: Chloe becomes a hero in her own right.

However, it doesn't change the post in its entirety. I don't see how she stood out in heroics in this episode that trumps everyone else involved, especially in the previous statment as Clark had a minor role when he was the cure. And the description, I think it was just marketing bait, or just a sloppy CW job.
                                Last edited by Dominicus; 10-13-2009, 02:22 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎