Collapse
No announcement yet.

Clark closed the book on Lana

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wouldn't say he's forgotton about her. I don't think he ever will but Clark closing the book shows that he's moved on. He's no longer living in the past anymore. He is falling in love with Lois and that was evident through out the episode.

Comment

His closing the chapter on Lana and it's about time. I'm so happy she's not on the show anymore.

Comment

I was surprised they addressed it at all. I was shocked when he smiled at the picture, no sad gaze, then removed it from his wallet and put it in the album and closed it.

And following that moment, Lois walked in, tried to punch him in the arm like she used to do, to try to take them back where they used to be, and he stopped it. He sees both women differently and, mho, this scene captured it really well.

I also thought it was an interesting contrast to Ollie who carries Lois's picture around with him coupled with his confession to Lois in the elevator.

Clark let go of his past, Ollie has yet to do the same.

Comment

Originally posted by fan of the man
          My belief is the moving the picture from his wallet to the memory album is symbolic of the fact she was a very important part of his past, but the picture to replace the one out his wallet is yet to be put in. It is very ironic that Oliver had Lois pictures in his wallet and it was taken out symbolism that their relationship is of the past as well.
          I agree. There was a definite parallel there. I dunno where in heck this writing has been hiding but this year is MILES above anything we've gotten THIS CONSISTENTLY in a very long time, if ever IMO.

----- Added 52 Seconds later -----

Originally posted by supes0
          I was surprised they addressed it at all. I was shocked when he smiled at the picture, no sad gaze then removed it from his wallet and put it in the album and closed it.

And following that moment, Lois walked in, tried to punch him in the arm like she used to do, to try to take them back where they used to be, and he stopped it. He sees both women differently and, mho, this scene captured it really well.

I also thought it was an interesting contrast to Ollie who carries Lois's picture around with him coupled with his confession to Lois in the elevator.

I was surprised too and GOOD CATCH on the symbolism of the arm punch!
          Last edited by cloisthelegendbegins; 10-09-2009, 06:13 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

he put the picture away for closure. its not that he has forgotten her she is a big part of who he is but he's closing that door now because he feels like he can move on to Lois.

Comment

Originally posted by supes0
              I was surprised they addressed it at all. I was shocked when he smiled at the picture, no sad gaze, then removed it from his wallet and put it in the album and closed it.

Yeah i caught that arm punch as well.
              It was basically Lois "just friends" gesture and he stopped her doing it.

I have to be honest, i think TW has had ALOT of say within Clarks direction this season and its paying off.

Comment

Thank goodness! Why couldn't we have done this last season?

Comment

yea that was a good scene, no more lana : ((( lol

Comment

That is exactly what I said when he closed that album, he was closing that chapter in his life... FINALLY!!

Comment

Yeah that picture scene was so symbolic. A little worried at first but yeah and then bam Anvil dropped---in walks Lois!

Comment

Originally posted by Jaderoyale
                        At first i got freaked. But he took the picture OUT of his wallet and into what can only be described as a "scrapbook" and closed the book. End of that chapter. Start of a new one.

Yup he moved on to lois

Comment

Clana and Lollie - Pictures

This episode didn't seem as cheesy as I had feared and one of the things I liked best was the imagery the episode used of how Clark and Oliver handled feelings of the women that they had at one time been in love with.

Oliver kept Lois' picture hidden in his wallet, not wanting anyone to see that he still thought about her. He wanted to think about a happy past with her, but almost appeared troubled by it.

Clark had a picture of Lana, and he smiled and placed the photograph in an album (something that is usually shared with visiting friends and family, not hidden.) He set her successfully in his past while still cherishing those memories.

Clark was able to move on without losing Lana’s importance to his past, while Oliver remained haunted by his past with Lois and might only attribute it to another failure.

I can admit that I loved Lollie and I appreciated how both of them seemed to have moved on, but still cared about each other. In that, this season I fear that Oliver would come out looking like he couldn't let go. Right now he is holding on still, but I think he is simply reflecting on happier times, and is so mired in his own downward spiral that he is clinging to them as a life line. Which I have hope will turn out alright in the end, and I think it will.

But for now, I loved that 'versus' imagery. Clark lovingly preserved his past and faced the future in the sunlight of his home, while Oliver burned part of his, and hid the other part away, falling into the future he sets for himself in a dark alley.

What are everyone else's thoughts on this?

!Remember to please be respectful of the ships/shippers when you answer.

Comment

well as anyone would know by now from me..i did not like the fact that Oliver still keeps a picture of Lois..let alone has these feelings for her still...which is why I hope he moves on as soon as possible..honestly his pining is one out of two things i didn't like about this episode.

Comment

I was shocked. Dignified closure to Clana? That is what they deserved and I actually got to see it!

Not a bitter or wistful Clark. Not a sad or angry Clark. This was a Clark that took a picture of his former love, one he carried everywhere, and put it a scrapbook of past memories. Clark has closed the chapter on Clana and has moved on. Wow.

And they paralleled that to Loiver who can't let go of the past. Neat.

Then you had Clark refusing to let Lois and himself go back to the same old routine.

SV writers are doing symbolism? And making it work?

I can't believe how excellent that moment was.

Comment

I agree. There was a definite parallel there. I dunno where in heck this writing has been hiding but this year is MILES above anything we've gotten THIS CONSISTENTLY in a very long time, if ever IMO.
                                That's what I was thinking the whole episode. I kept waiting for something to go wrong, but this one was really aweosme. There were parallels and symbolism and continuity and character development and Clark's emotions were expressed without someone having to tell us what he's supposed to be feeling.

I was surprised too an
                                d GOOD CATCH on the symbolism of the arm punch!
                                I know, not only was it symbolic of him not letting her go back into that friendly mode, but it was emotional. I was more emotionally invested in the emotions of this episode than I have been for years.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎