Collapse
No announcement yet.

Clark closed the book on Lana

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

At first I saw her picture and I was about to flip out, but then it turned into a really sweet scene that showed closure and acceptance and happiness for what they had. That's how that relationship needed to end.

Comment

Originally posted by mjdsuperman
      its symbolic. Clark is putting lana's picture away ( putting her in the past) then lois comes in to the house ( clarks present and future).

Lana leaving clarks life lois comming in.
      exactly!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by uncaged
        no, he literally 'closed the book' on Lana. He's figured out Lois is the one for him.
        Yes - it was done nicely and that's exactly what it meant. He's moved on - she's now just a memory. Then Lois comes in after he closes the book on Lana. It's symbolic and clearly a great visual way to portray he's moved on. I think it had to be done and it's a result of the moment the two spent when Lois thought that they weren't going to make it.

Comment

He has like two or three other pictures of him and Lana on his mantle and by the front door. I guess it's a process. He's taken the picture out of the wallet. Guess he'll need to take the pictures around the house down, too. The picture he was looking at was a rather old one, though - one from high school. I was wondering if he was putting his high school image of Lana away, not necessarily the Lana that she is today (super-powered, all grown-up, etc.)

Comment

ITA he was closing the book; literally. The next chapter then opening with the door and the arrival of Lois. It was very well done I thought. And the way he smiled at the memories before putting the photograph away was incredibly sweet.

Comment

Well everyone already said it. It was closure on Lana in a way.

Comment

At first I was a little worried but once it was put in this perspective, I like it.

Closing that chapter in his life and opening a new one: with Lois.

Good.....GOOD! Clois rocks.

Comment

Lana will always have her place, and he'll keep her memory with him, but he literally closed the book and is moving onto a new place in his life with Lois now entering it (hence why Lois came in just as he finished doing so).

I really liked it. It respected Lana's place, but takes nothing away from the place Lois is moving into and will have with him.

Comment

Originally posted by cloisthelegendbegins
                    ITA he was closing the book; literally. The next chapter then opening with the door and the arrival of Lois. It was very well done I thought. And the way he smiled at the memories before putting the photograph away was incredibly sweet.
                    Exactly. He closed the book and the door opened and there was Lois. Volumes spoken.

Comment

Originally posted by Clana4Life
                      He has like two or three other pictures of him and Lana on his mantle and by the front door. I guess it's a process. He's taken the picture out of the wallet. Guess he'll need to take the pictures around the house down, too. The picture he was looking at was a rather old one, though - one from high school. I was wondering if he was putting his high school image of Lana away, not necessarily the Lana that she is today (super-powered, all grown-up, etc.)
                      It may well be a gradual process with the rest of the pictures, but I think the fact this was something he carried around with him, again literally, was very telling.

Comment

why the bleep didnt they do that last season....seriously, thats about all it would have taken..........

but no, we're stuck with a superfied Lana who could probably effortlessly pwn just about every villain this season

Comment

He closed the book on her whiney ass, thank god.

Comment

Originally posted by Clana4Life
                            it was symbolic of all lanas past present and future. lois is the next chapter, he has moved on...

Comment

I have to agree. When he was first looking at Lana's photo my first thought was oh no not again. However, he put it into a photo album and then Lois appeared. Whenever the writers are trying to phase out Lana they always have Lois coming into the scenes. When I saw Lois I knew it would be all right!

Comment

My belief is the moving the picture from his wallet to the memory album is symbolic of the fact she was a very important part of his past, but the picture to replace the one out his wallet is yet to be put in. It is very ironic that Oliver had Lois pictures in his wallet and it was taken out symbolism that their relationship is of the past as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎