No announcement yet.

Clark closed the book on Lana

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clark closed the book on Lana

At least it seemed that way to me. The scene with putting that picture of Lana he had in the photo album, then closing it with finality.

Picture of Lana - so he hasn't forgotten her...

Wow, I was wondering if they would ever address Lana or have Clark mention her. In this episode he was looking at her picture. Wonder why. Why are they showing that in this episode of all episodes? Are there lingering feelings? I'm of the opinion that he'll always love her. He said as much. Is he feeling torn, confused? What do you all think? And please, no Lana-bashing for the sake of just "bashing".

Comment

no, he literally 'closed the book' on Lana. He's figured out Lois is the one for him.

Comment

IMO it seemed like he closed that chapter of his life. Just the way the scene with the photo album was. It didn't seem like being torn or confused, just moving past that chapter in his life

no, he literally 'closed the book' on Lana. He's figured out Lois is the one for him.
        LOL you said it better than what I was trying to say

Comment

Its symbolic. Clark is putting lana's picture away ( putting her in the past) then Lois comes in to the house ( clarks present and future).

Lana leaving clarks life lois comming in.

Comment

Figured that she would be brought up again in the show... :/

Yeah, I agree with the top two posts.

Comment

At first i got freaked. But he took the picture OUT of his wallet and into what can only be described as a "scrapbook" and closed the book. End of that chapter. Start of a new one.

Comment

Originally posted by ~*Lois & Clark Fan*~
                IMO it seemed like he closed that chapter of his life. Just the way the scene with the photo album was. It didn't seem like being torn or confused, just moving past that chapter in his life
                ITA he was literally and figuratively closing the book on lana.

Comment

Originally posted by uncaged
                  Exactly. He hasn't forgotten her, but he's moving on. The picture is coming out of the wallet and it was pretty obvious that he was literally "closing the book" on her.

Comment

I agree with this. It fits with the conversation he had earlier with Lois, too, about closure. I thought that was effective.

Comment

Originally posted by uncaged

Bingo that was the image they wanted, I even said that was a great way to literally show them "CLOSING THE BOOK ON LANA"

Comment

Originally posted by MJDSuperman
                        Its symbolic. Clark is putting lana's picture away ( putting her in the past) then Lois comes in to the house ( clarks present and future).

Lana leaving clarks life lois comming in.
                        EXACTLY!

Lana's been put away, Lois is the next chapter.

Comment

So it seems like clois is now on in full effect

Comment

Originally posted by thehenry89
                            ITA he was literally and figuratively closing the book on lana.
                            Exactly.

Comment

He can't forget her, but has moved on

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍