No announcement yet.

Why did Clark grab Lois' arm?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tebow15
    Yep! He was saying "baby" this friends stuff is for Zombies, give Aliens a try sweetie.

Comment

Originally posted by shelby62
      All I've got to say is that this scene was (in my best Dawn Stiles impersonation) GENIUS

The rain scene was riviting and it will go down as one of the best SV scenes for me, regardless of what else we may see in the future.... BUT when Clark intercepted Lois' arm.... that was the "AHA" moment. The way he was standing there with her, with her arm clenched was SEXY AS HELL. The hairs on my arm stood up. This was the moment.... the moment when no words were needed.

He wanted to be clear that she could look at him differently. He was saying, to her that he was a MAN and that she would need to express her feelings about him in a new way, a more a mature way .... no more shoulder punches. I'll miss them, but I'm looking forward to the warm embraces and loving kisses that will replace them.
      Genius.

Comment

Originally posted by shelby62
        Supes0, insightful as always.

Will you marry me
        Right back at you!

Comment

Hi! I don't usually post, but this season really is intense!!! I have to agree with some of you who said that the stopping punch is really about stop playing games.
          I could go with the 'i want to be more than friends' theory, but i think that from Lois the punch is about not being comfortable with intimacy, i remember every time she and Clark get closed she punched him.
          So i think it really means that Clark is tired (perhaps?) of playing games with her and (maybe?) is ready to start seeing how he feels about her.

Comment

Originally posted by flashofblueandred
            Lois has been punching him in the arm to show their "just friends" status since the very beginning. Clark catching her arm before she can do that, especially right after he essentially closed the book on Lana with seemingly no regrets, shows that he no longer wants to be "just friends" and is ready to move on. He realizes that she does mean more to him, like Chloe said, and he wants to act on that.

----- Added 1 Minutes later -----

And we know from the combined preview last week, that Clark is going to ask her on a date. Or at least, "something like a date."
            ITA! I know when I saw this scene I just wanted to scream YES! YES! I so loved this scene!

Comment

Originally posted by jedianita
              Hi! I don't usually post, but this season really is intense!!! I have to agree with some of you who said that the stopping punch is really about stop playing games.
              I agree with all that's been said, Clark did show that he is ready to move on, but so is Lois, and I think the hand grab was his way of telegraphing to Lois that he heard what she said back in the DP and was not going to let her hide behind the playful punches that were accepted with "dorky farmboy charm" any longer. In the Daily Planet SHE was the one who said first that she didn't want "go back" to being without connection and that she didn't "want to be alone". Even though she was talking about the Blur I think what she was going to say before being interrupted by phone calls and zombies, was that she had feelings for Clark. I think that was the deep dark secret she was alluding to because she has not kept it a secret that she is facinated by the Blur. What she would not want to go unsaid if the two of them did not "make it" would be that she has feelings for him, in fact is in love with Clark, as she admitted in Committed, that was what she was needing "closure" to. Clark grabbing her arm is saying 'we can't go back to the way it was....no more masking what is going on here.
              Last edited by KansasKitty; 10-10-2009, 08:37 PM.

Comment

I've been watching this series from day one & I don't think Clark ever hated Lois, not truly. Sometimes people get under our skin & she was able to do that with Clark. I think that as they matured so did their feelings. There was always a connection, it may not have been love but it turned into love as they spent more time getting to know one another.

Comment

Originally posted by medina
                  I've been watching this series from day one & I don't think Clark ever hated Lois, not truly. Sometimes people get under our skin & she was able to do that with Clark. I think that as they matured so did their feelings. There was always a connection, it may not have been love but it turned into love as they spent more time getting to know one another.
                  I think she genuinely irritated him and got on his nerves. He also was smitten with Lana so that played into it. I agree that there was always an attraction there but she was so sarcastic that it had to grate on him for a while. It progressed from there to a love/hate relationship and now the hate is gone. It was never really "hate" but perhaps irritation or a dismissive attitude. I don't think they liked each other even though they were attracted to one another. Now they like each other. It's cool.

Comment

Also, the punch was a playful punch that Lois often gave Clark to express her feelings for him. Revealing his secret by catching her punch may have been one reason but I believe the the catch/arm hold was a reveal as to how he feels about her, no more games when it comes to expressing themselves. I expect some lip smacking & body clentching in Clark & Lois's near future.

Comment

Originally posted by Tebow15
                      Yep! He was saying "baby" this friends stuff is for Zombies, give Aliens a try sweetie.
                      Great now milk just came out through my nose

Comment

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Watched it in HD and when Clark catches Lois' arm, I was like "Wow... is this... sexual tension?" I mean I'm surprised they didn't just pounce on each other and do it right then and there.
                        This is not a PG love.

Comment

Originally posted by Sports72Xtrm
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3XQbNUADLU
                          Watched it in HD and when Clark catches Lois' arm, I was like "Wow... is this... sexual tension?" I mean I'm surprised they didn't just pounce on each other and do it right then and there.
                          This is not a PG love.

Comment

This is not a PG love.
                            Cute.

Comment

I know what you mean Sports72. After watching that scene over and seeing the smoldering looks Lois and Clark were giving each other while Clark was clutching Lois' wrist I half expected Lois to jump on Clark wrap her legs around his waist her arms around his neck and give Clark the kiss of his life. Then watch the two fight to dominate the kiss. But oh well I guess its wishful thinking.

This is not a PG love.

Comment

I found that scene sexy as hell.

However, it was very sweet and Clark grabbing Lois's arm like that symbolised that they're not in that place anymore. Thier relationship has evolved. They're not just freinds anymore. They're clearly something more.

I think it took Clark by surprise as much as it did Lois. However the reason was not lost on Lois. They are both falling in love and I think both are aware subconciously that the feelings are reciprocated.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎