Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why did Clark grab Lois' arm?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

She was going to punch him in the arm the way she used to over the years, the we're buddies moment. But things changed, he doesn't see her that way. He stopped her, they stared at each other for a bit, she told him to keep his secrets. Their relationship shifted in that scene.

Comment

I accept the buddies explanation -- it makes the most sense -- but I thought his next look was more purposeful than confused. My first thought was that instead of revealing his secret verbally, he was giving her a clue with that fast grab, and I thought she caught it, hence the milk-the-mystery comment.

Comment

Originally posted by pizzahead2490
        That was just many romantic scene tonight. I am in CLOIS heaven
        Mee too!

Comment

Originally posted by pizzahead2490
          That was just many romantic scene tonight. I am in CLOIS heaven
          Singing with a choir of Clois angels, eh, Kay? *polishes tarnished halo*

I can't believe how much I loved a zombie episode, but leave it to Clois.

----- Added 2 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by SupermanRox
          Mee too!
          Hey, Amy, 7 away!

Clark was so not letting Lois punch him as a friend. Not only did they share that look (one among many), but he moved up into her personal space. Without even taking a step.
          Last edited by geminis; 10-09-2009, 09:37 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

[QUOTE=flashofblueandred;5487905]Lois has been punching him in the arm to show their "just friends" status since the very beginning. Clark catching her arm before she can do that, especially right after he essentially closed the book on Lana with seemingly no regrets, shows that he no longer wants to be "just friends" and is ready to move on. He realizes that she does mean more to him, like Chloe said, and he wants to act on that.

----- Added 1 Minutes later -----

Exactly, I realized it the same way!
            He doesn't want a friend relationship, because he is starting to fell in love with her.
            Finally, Clois has arrived!

Comment

do you guys think that Lois picked up on the importance of this gesture as well?

Comment

Originally posted by herolee10
                do you guys think that Lois picked up on the importance of this gesture as well?
                Yip! Sure do Thomas!
                I think she was a little taken aback by him stopping her so abruptly from doing her friendly arm punch and doesn't quite know at this point what to make of it.
                Clark on the other hand...he stopped her because he no longer sees them as 'friends'...he knows there's something deeper there, and he loves and wants it all!

Comment

Originally posted by geminis
                  Singing with a choir of Clois angels, eh, Kay? *polishes tarnished halo*

I can't believe how much I loved a zombie episode, but leave it to Clois.

Clark was so not letting Lois punch him as a friend. Not only did they share that look (one among many), but he moved up into her personal space. Without even taking a step.
                  My thoughts exactly!!!

Leave it to Clois to make a zombie episode so romantic.

P.S. I also loved the Resident Evil mention.

Comment

Originally posted by DianaLaneHn
                    My thoughts exactly!!!

Leave it to Clois to make a zombie episode so romantic.

P.S. I also loved the Resident Evil mention.
                    Agree with everything even the great Resident Evil mention

Comment

Originally posted by susangail
                      I accept the buddies explanation -- it makes the most sense -- but I thought his next look was more purposeful than confused. My first thought was that instead of revealing his secret verbally, he was giving her a clue with that fast grab, and I thought she caught it, hence the milk-the-mystery comment.
                      Hmm, that's an interesting idea...I didn't actually consider that it was possible Clark was giving her a hint about his secret in lieu of verbalizing it to her. But it kinda makes sense a little. Even though it's a bit bold for his character I think. Nonetheless it does give extra meaning to her "mystery" comment. I like it

Comment

everyone before has already said the reason season nine has been so good to us with clois...so amazing!

Comment

Originally posted by herolee10
                          I have watched that scene a lot and Lois certainly did know the importance of this gesture. (That they are more than just friends and Clark wants it to be more).She doesn't miss a beat and is flirting like crazy. From an outsiders perspective it looks a bit rough but watch Lois' face and body language, she liked it a lot and understood what it meant.
                          Gooooo Clois.

Comment

Originally posted by flashofblueandred
                            Lois has been punching him in the arm to show their "just friends" status since the very beginning. Clark catching her arm before she can do that, especially right after he essentially closed the book on Lana with seemingly no regrets, shows that he no longer wants to be "just friends" and is ready to move on. He realizes that she does mean more to him, like Chloe said, and he wants to act on that.

----- Added 1 Minutes later -----

And we know from the combined preview last week, that Clark is going to ask her on a date. Or at least, "something like a date."
                            Yeah, that moment was really great. Showed how he has moved on from Lana, now he wants Wild Cherry.

Comment

play time is over

Comment

Originally posted by Yoyo
                                I think she was going to give him a playful punch but he intercepted before she could. He gave her a smoldering look instead
                                Yep

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎