Special Effects in "Rabid"

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zombies rabidly foaming at the mouth and drooling...great stuff!

Comment

Any Clark heat vision this week? Didn't see the episode. What was the biggest FX though?

Comment

yea it does look great when they do that to make it feel like a real city. It sucks since season 7 they stoped using alot of location shots, and actually going into downtown vancour where the show is shot in the outskirts.

Comment

I just want to point out inspite of the great effects they have SOMETIMES.

It looked like in, "Eternal" they were trying to do as little as possible, always being uptight about using special effects. Just saying.

I am just so curious that's all. Heat vision doesn't even look the same anymore, and almost lame compared to it's 4th season.

They barely used it season 7 and 8, only 3 times. I wish they would make a plan. Give heat vision this season in at least 7 or 8 episodes. That's all.

Comment

Originally posted by Nerf
            I think my favorite effects of this episode were where they added in city shots. That overhead shot in the teaser of Clark walking out onto a deserted street was awesome, and then near the end where he was wrestling with Lois. They were on their regular street set, but then they did that great shot of a long city street behind Lois and Clark. That just looked amazing. Really, this season is just doing a wonderful job of making it look like they are in an actual city. Hope they keep it up.
            Yeah I liked that too. I wish that they could do more filming on location. It makes it all seem more believable other than showing the same street over and over. I think they need more daytime out door stuff too. I really miss that.

Comment

The make-up department really did a great job. Right from the preview shots we got of Lois and Tess, they just look amazing. The episode also had really good direction and lighting to amp up the creep factor.

I think my favorite effects of this episode were where they added in city shots. That overhead shot in the teaser of Clark walking out onto a deserted street was awesome, and then near the end where he was wrestling with Lois. They were on their regular street set, but then they did that great shot of a long city street behind Lois and Clark. That just looked amazing. Really, this season is just doing a wonderful job of making it look like they are in an actual city. Hope they keep it up.
              I agree with these parts.

Comment

Except for the shot of the antidote being released, this effects in this episode were good. And, like everyone said, the the makeup team did an awesome job with the zombies. They were so freaky!

Comment

Well done for the special effects and makeup

Comment

Yeah, the team should get an award for what they did with the zombie effects!! Well done!

Comment

The effects are grade A this season

Comment

The make-up department really did a great job. Right from the preview shots we got of Lois and Tess, they just look amazing. The episode also had really good direction and lighting to amp up the creep factor.

The first shot of the jet flying in the storm was cool, but I didn't really like the second shot with the antidote/Clark's blood flying out of it. The jet looked pretty fake there.

I agree with everything you said.

----- Added 33 Seconds later -----

Originally posted by Azra-El
                        Yeah, the team should get an award for what they did with the zombie effects!! Well done!
                        Hell yeah!
                        Last edited by Krypto_marcus; 10-10-2009, 01:23 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Yes, I like the scene in street as well ..

and the clois fight,when Lois hit Clark and he flew throught the window and he had cullet in hair - pretty cool

Comment

Gotta agree with this, too.

I was pleasantly surprised with the subtle use of ice breath. At first it didn't register that Clark blew on Lois's coffee. I thought he used heat vision to warm it up, but then Lois took a sip and complained that the coffee was cold. I thought to my self, "Ah, he used ice breath, nice."

Comment

Originally posted by superspider02
                              the zombies were awsome and the jet/raining scenes were pretty solid too.
                              The jet spraying the red stuff scene was awful. Really, really bad. Everything else was top notch, though so I'll forgive it.

Comment

why does everyone keep saying he used ice breath? its a possibility but im pretty sure it was just superbreath...like when we blow something to cool it down just super..no ice

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎