Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Special Effects in "Rabid"

Talk about the special effects of the episode here!

Judging from Rabid's image gallery the make-up artists on Smallville are really on their A-game. The images were kind of distrubing but in a good way. I was worried when I learned about the zombies storyline but from what I saw my worries can be put to rest.
    Last edited by CynDLou26; 10-09-2009, 09:00 PM.

Comment

totally the zombie makeup looks top notch.

Comment

ITA. I thought It'd be corny, but It's really good. I love this kind of stuff. Can't wait to see Lois and Tess in all their glory.

Comment

thiller! its thiller time!

Comment

Wow did you see Lois.

Effing awesome.

Comment

The fx seems to be advancing instead of going downhill.

That's nice to see.

Comment

the zombies were awsome and the jet/raining scenes were pretty solid too.

Comment

the zombie make up was awesome

Comment

The make up was great and the effects were just great, too. Good fight scenes.

Comment

Great effects tonight.

The Zombies looked amazing

Comment

SUPER BREATH WAS BACK! WHOO! Loved the zombie effects as well!

Comment

The zombie make up was impressive, grotesque and yet you could still recognize the key players. My favourite special effect was actually a sound effect--when Lois was trying to take a chomp out of Clark, they had a sharp clacking noise whenever her teeth and jaws closed...spine chilling!

Comment

will be great if the makeup crew gets an emmy nod, though it seems only sound/editing guys from smallville have been nom/won.

Comment

The make-up department really did a great job. Right from the preview shots we got of Lois and Tess, they just look amazing. The episode also had really good direction and lighting to amp up the creep factor.

The first shot of the jet flying in the storm was cool, but I didn't really like the second shot with the antidote/Clark's blood flying out of it. The jet looked pretty fake there.

I think my favorite effects of this episode were where they added in city shots. That overhead shot in the teaser of Clark walking out onto a deserted street was awesome, and then near the end where he was wrestling with Lois. They were on their regular street set, but then they did that great shot of a long city street behind Lois and Clark. That just looked amazing. Really, this season is just doing a wonderful job of making it look like they are in an actual city. Hope they keep it up.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎