No announcement yet.

I already miss Brian/John/Metallo

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ongoing Metallo Storyline, Anyone??

Did anyone else love the John Corben storyline too much to see it gone in just two episodes. Granted, they were by far the best episodes of Smallville I have seen in a long time, and the storyline was amazing; but short lived. I would've liked to see John Corben being introduced into the first half half of the season, working with Lois at the Daily Planet, leaving Clark having to work his way back up to his rightful job - - then he turns to a life of crime, like in the comics, becoming somewhat of a thief, and desperate, but becoming Metallo for a big blow out, towards the finale of the season!

If you think an ongoing metallo storyline would have done the character justice, which I know he probably will be coming back anyways, what would you have wanted to see?

Comment

I for one would love to see him discover the Kandorians were responsible for his creation and he goes out seeking his revenge on them and there winds up being all kinds of mayhem that Clark has to run around fixing up.

Comment

Yeah, I would like to see that too, Jen. I certainly hope we see more fallout from what happened, and that John finds out who was responsible for his transformation. Very creepy and crazy, eh? I didn't see that one coming (the Kandorians being responsible for his cyborg-change, I mean)... I can see your point, though, DiabeticDude202. I, too, would've liked to see more build-up with John's relationship with Lois and his hatred of the blur, with perhaps little hints and clues of what was still to come prior to his transformation into Metallo. I even would've had that happen, or at least have him get hit by the truck, at the END of an episode, and start the new one with him getting surgically changed into Metallo or something like that, but I would've wanted to wait until at least the 4th-5th episode of this Season, maybe later. I'm just hoping that they bring him back several more times, as he's a guest star that has a lot of charisma and menace, and I liked his interactions with Lois... even though he was kinda creepy. Still, seeing his video-letter to his poor deceased sister, you couldn't help but feel really sorry for him.

--SGuthrie ><>' --

Comment

Tess already asked about reviving him - and the dude she was talking too basically re-assured her that he is just simply "offline" now and can obviously therefore be "turn on" like a machine.

I doubt we've seen the last of him.

Comment

He was really good.

Comment

Well, I'm sure he'll be back.

Comment

I hope he comes back. BAG is really good.

He should have been a regular.

Comment

I miss him too already...rewatching Metallo.

Comment

Originally posted by amberdawn

He was just THAT good. I hope he comes back. He has to.
                    I wish he was staying the whole season instead of Zod. No disrespect to Callum Blue but this Zod stuff sounds like a big mess. I hope to god I'm wrong.

Comment

Metallo will be back.The fans seem to love him so im sure the producers will have him back again in season 9 for another episode or two.I also wish he was a season regular.Ive watched Metallo 3 times already and i think i will watch it later on tonight.
                      Last edited by tmchale1970; 10-05-2009, 04:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by tmchale1970
                        I also wish he was a season regular.
                        So do I!

Brian Austin Green is from far better than Callum Blue. Brian did an incredible job and I already miss him. Metallo deserves better than 2 or 3 episodes. He deserves 8 episodes!

Comment

Originally posted by cloisornothing
                          So do I!

Brian Austin Green is from far better than Callum Blue. Brian did an incredible job and I already miss him. Metallo deserves better than 2 or 3 episodes. He deserves 8 episodes!
                          On the 8 episodes i could not agree more.

Comment

He WAS awesome and I totally agree, cloisornothing and tmchale1970. They could've easily developed the character of John Corben more during the first 5-6 episodes, have him get hit by the truck at the end of the 6th, wake up changed in the 7th, and have the showdown with Clark as Metallo in the 8th. The way he was changed and had to face Clark so quickly felt kind of rushed, especially considering what an awesome job Brian Austin Green did of portraying his character.

--SGuthrie ><>' --

Comment

i would love him to come back for another3 or 4 episodes

Comment

I was not a fan of BAG on BH90210 back in the day, but his performance in Metallo blew me away. I was definitely wanting more (and I didn't even like the whole bloody scene). After all the Tess discussion about all her missing components, I hope she is able to bring back Metallo, played by BAG, for a bit more.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎