Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chris and Josh are not serious about the show...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chris and Josh are not serious about the show...

Here's a little excerpt on an article I found. Don't flame for it, there is another article similar.

One thing we promise is that the heart of the show is the relationship between Chuck and Sarah," Fedak said. "We're never going to promise that they'll be together -- where's the fun in that?" But much as the show has a path planned for Chuck's overall spy story, "we are telling a story with that romance. And we know where we're going," he said.
    I asked how many times the writers can go to that well -- of almost getting them together, as in "Chuck vs. the Colonel" -- without frustrating fans.
    "We have lots of conversations [among the writers] about the 'will they, won't they,'" Fedak said. "We realize there are only so many times we can go out and come back [from those romantic moments] and come up with new twists to it."
    So there's that to chew on, "Chuck" fans. My personal take is that I'm wary of the idea of new love interests being brought on for Chuck or Sarah -- I believe the word "shenanigans" was used in that regard when I grilled them at Comic-Con -- but the writers made me care more about Chuck and Sarah in Season 2, even though they weren't together then. So for my part I'm just going to wait to see what Season 3 brings -- whenever it arrives, that is.

Chris and Josh are threading thin ice here. People worked hard for a Season 3 and before then the show was looking that it was going to be cancelled. They better stop screwing around before the ratings plummet and the show is sure to be cancelled.

To me, that translates as "We're not sure how long the fans are going to put up with us attacking Chuck and Sarah, but it's all we know how to do, so we're going to do it until we're run off the air. We're going to ignore all the cool other tensions we built up the first season and focus on this one."
    Color me distinctly unimpressed.
    Last edited by Kryptonian250; 10-03-2009, 01:21 PM.

Originally posted by Kryptonian250
    Here's a little excerpt on an article I found. Don't flame for it, there is another article similar.

One thing we promise is that the heart of the show is the relationship between Chuck and Sarah," Fedak said. "We're never going to promise that they'll be together -- where's the fun in that?" But much as the show has a path planned for Chuck's overall spy story, "we are telling a story with that romance. And we know where we're going," he said.
    I asked how many times the writers can go to that well -- of almost getting them together, as in "Chuck vs. the Colonel" -- without frustrating fans.
    "We have lots of conversations [among the writers] about the 'will they, won't they,'" Fedak said. "We realize there are only so many times we can go out and come back [from those romantic moments] and come up with new twists to it."
    So there's that to chew on, "Chuck" fans. My personal take is that I'm wary of the idea of new love interests being brought on for Chuck or Sarah -- I believe the word "shenanigans" was used in that regard when I grilled them at Comic-Con -- but the writers made me care more about Chuck and Sarah in Season 2, even though they weren't together then. So for my part I'm just going to wait to see what Season 3 brings -- whenever it arrives, that is.

Chris and Josh are threading thin ice here. People worked hard for a Season 3 and before then the show was looking that it was going to be cancelled. They better stop screwing around before the ratings plummet and the show is sure to be cancelled.

To me, that translates as "We're not sure how long the fans are going to put up with us attacking Chuck and Sarah, but it's all we know how to do, so we're going to do it until we're run off the air. We're going to ignore all the cool other tensions we built up the first season and focus on this one."
    Color me distinctly unimpressed.

this is so true i guess we will see what season 3 has in store for us. for me though is why tease like in season 2 and then drop it. either have them together or not real simple.

Comment

They better deliver or the show is doomed and there won't be a 4th season.

Comment

That's annoying. It seems like they are treating Sarah and Chuck as a yo-yo, and want to continue to do so. This isn't Friends, just get on with it or don't.

Comment

They are playing this like a show that is going to last 10 years and you don't want to hook the main couple up in season 2 because then what are you going to do for the next 8 years.

Unfortunately, I don't see Chuck lasting that long. I don't mind them playing a little bit with the will they / won't they aspect of their relationship as long as they don't ruin the Chuck and Sarah relationship.

They say, "We realize there are only so many times we can go out and come back [from those romantic moments] and come up with new twists to it." I think they want to play it out as long as possible, but I don't think they are specifically setting out to hurt the Chuck and Sarah relationship. They are actually conscious of the limit, which is a good thing.

No matter how frustrating the will they, won't they relationship is to fans, I don't think it will ruin the show by continuing into season 3 because Chuck and Sarah have a lot more obstacles to work through than Ross and Rachel ever did. They have more things that could reasonably pull them apart without it getting too bad so quickly.

Another season of it won't kill the show, but it does come back to how long the show is going to last. It won't last 10 years and they do need to be prepared for that.

Comment

Personally, I think Sarah should have played her cards more closer to her chest or her feelings for Chuck should have evolved over the series more gradually. But it seemed like right out of the gate, there was going to be this whole dynamic.

Comment

They better deliver or else people will stop watching the show.

Comment

Fedak said "We realize there are only so many times we can go out and come back [from those romantic moments] and come up with new twists to it."
                I can't believe that this what they think makes the show. I love the idea of Chuck and Sarah getting together and then getting on with all the spy stuff. Casey and the other's also involved in the story.
                Chuck is so much more than a romance drama.

Comment

There is more to a show than Romance yes but they better stop screwing around putting them into love triangles or trapezoid like its a soap opera.

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎