Special Effects in "Metallo"

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm so happy they upped their game with the special effects this season. I really missed that aspect of the show, last year.

Comment

They really brought their A-game with the CGI in this episode. I was less than impressed with the way they showed the time travel in Savior, but I thought everything they did in this one was great. The establishing shots of the Daily Planet were particularly noteworthy.

Comment

The effects were AWESOME!

The DP in the beginning was SUPERb!

Comment

I wonder if the reason why the special effects are much better this year is due to the fact that they have one less actor's salary to pick up.

I hated what they did to Jimmy (at least wish he would have left offscreenville, instead of been killed) but I am glad that the quality of the show (especially the special effects) is much better.

Comment

the metallic thinga thing was AMAZING. it made even me as a nursing major cringe. it looked so real and gruesome!!!

~K

Comment

The missus could've thrown together some sticky-tape and egg cartons and it would've looked a darned sight better!
              Last edited by SuperGordy; 10-06-2009, 10:45 AM.

Comment

The effects for the show got a much needed boost! I liked the following:

-The two geniuses tied to the gate

-The 'Final Destination" truck hit and run of John

-The blood and gore of John laying in the street dying

-The blurry images of John's operation

-John's green-k 'heart along with green glow and robotic arm and sound effects

-The shot of the Daily Planet globe

-John's WWE Smackdown at the ER

-Techno boys gagets

-Clark bad a-- entertance into Dr. Hamilton's office closing the blinds and turning off the lights

-The x-ray of John's green-k heart

-John's errie walk and voice overs while walking down the street of Metropolis

-The Big Brother computers invading privacy on the streets of Metropolis

-The EMP grenade blast

-Clark using heat vision on the lead piece

-Metallo powering down

-The descending camera shot of the Daily Planet

-The different kyptonian symbols for blood, nobility, and family

-The zoom-in shot of the man in the middle of the House of El symbol

Comment

I thought it was cool how Terminator...oops i mean Metallo fell to the floor, it reminded me alot of Terminator. It was very well done, the way BAG moved and the machine sound effects!

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎