Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Special Effects in "Metallo"

Talk about the episode's special effects.

Well i think metallo's kryptonite heart/mechnics should turn out good. Cant wait to see him in action.

Comment

I have no doubt that the effects will be amazing!

Comment

the daily planet was awesome! the lightbulbs shattering! everything else was awesome!!

Comment

the daily planet shots, the emp pluse, and the lead plate were all good cgi shots i think.

Comment

It seems with the move to Friday, the series got a boost in SFX budget. The effects in Metallo were as good as in Savior. I was really, really impressed. I hope they remain at this level.

Comment

The EMP boost was an amazing SFX.

Comment

The SFX were incredible...the acting too was top notch! My jaw was left hanging in many parts of this episode.....amazing.

Comment

epic win!

I used to only watch SV back for the powers, way back in the day....lol, when i was younger...so im a superpower - junkie, hahaha

but this was really amazing...

from clark heating up the plate in his hands

to th supperspeed-kryptonite radiation bypass trick he pulled off to get the plate on..

not bad

One thing that i noticed stood out was the glow of kryptonite....

i liked the effects a lot

while i didnt get my favorite, bullettime-sueprspeed scenes truly....this is the type of fx that SV is known for..

Comment

Originally posted by SuperSheltie
                    The SFX were incredible...the acting too was top notch! My jaw was left hanging in many parts of this episode.....amazing.
                    Really, really great job on the effects. Very cool looking!

Comment

Icky and creepy looking.

Comment

The emp effects were GREAT.

Comment

Good special effects, but where they have really been succeeding is with the lighting. In the past couple years this show has had amazing lighting.

Anyway, I think my favorite visual effects were the new shot of the Daily Planet and also the city skyline that Clark looked out upon. The city just looks amazing this year. I also really enjoyed the lightbulbs bursting from the EMP grenade, but didn't really like it when it hit Metallo; looked a little crappy there. I also really enoyed Clark heating up the lead plate. They haven't been doing the best job with heat vision for awhile, but this time it looked really cool.

Not sure if it can count for visual effects, but the makeup department did a great job on Metallo.

Comment

HOW DID I FORGET

th emp grenade explosion

the "shockwave"

lol, who the heck gave him a grenade like THAT
                            that was sick...almost as much as the heat vision

Comment

yea i hope the sfx budget keeps up well during the season.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎