Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Supsfan
    NYC is roughly 6.5% of the viewing audience of the US, so that basically means for every 1M people watching the average is about 65k are from NY. Let's assume that 3M would have watched with NY, that means that 195k didn't watch basically(and the final rating would be 2.805M). While the number is going to hurt it's not going to be as drastic as many people think(I am guessing somewhere in the 150-200k range)

Using Savior as an example, 2.57M watched it last week, if NY was taken out of the equation, roughly 2.4M would have watched.
    thanks for explaining that! That's not too bad of a loss in the ratings yet. Still waiting to see what the dvr ratings for savior will be! This was an amazing episode, i hope the premiere sucked a lot of people in to watch it!

Comment

hopefully when we get the numbers in the morning it wont be bad. For all we know we could have gotten more overall viewers to see the episode. Since savior had pretty goo wom i seen online. And even with nyc out tonight we can hope once that counted things will be good.

Comment

I don't care for the first time in 2 years what the ratings were. That episode will undoubtedly bring on ratings and positive talk for the show.

It was the best episode I've seen of smallville. It literally recreated and evolutionized what Superman is.
        Last edited by davidbrenton; 10-02-2009, 09:03 PM.

Comment

NYC is roughly 6.5% of the viewing audience of the US, so that basically means for every 1M people watching the average is about 65k are from NY. Let's assume that 3M would have watched with NY, that means that 195k didn't watch basically(and the final rating would be 2.805M). While the number is going to hurt it's not going to be as drastic as many people think(I am guessing somewhere in the 150-200k range)

Using Savior as an example, 2.57M watched it last week, if NY was taken out of the equation, roughly 2.4M would have watched.
          ok good.

Comment

When the people realize Smallville is getting better, they will start to watch again.
            I predict 2-2.6 million.
            But, a miracle could happen.

Comment

Originally posted by jaksfreak91
              When the people realize Smallville is getting better, they will start to watch again.
              I predict 2-2.6 million.
              But, a miracle could happen.
              I just pray it keeps up, so next week and a few episodes after are still extremely strong so they'll say.

Comment

i say 2.2 mill - 2.3

Comment

Originally posted by davidbrenton
                  I don't care for the first time in 2 years what the ratings were. That episode will undoubtedly bring on ratings and positive talk for the show.

It was the best episode I've seen of smallville. It literally recreated and evolutionized what Superman is.
                  That's exactly how I feel, David.

Comment

You know I can't wait for one of these eps to bring in like 5 mil and to watch CW scratch it's eyes out, and by CW I mean her.

Highly unlikely but here's hoping.

Comment

I never thought that ratings would be a factor about Smallville that would ever worry me. Thanks to Friday nights, now it does. I hope it does well though, it deserves to. Since now it's a show that it's supposed to be - about Superman.

Does anyone know when DVR ratings for Savior will come out?

Comment

Originally posted by Farm_Girl
                        Does anyone know when DVR ratings for Savior will come out?
                        Oct 12/13th

Comment

You're assuming that NYC metro audience watches Smallville in the same ratio as other areas.

From Abyss' drop, my feeling is that NYC metro actually watches in a disproportionately higher ratio than other areas....I hope I'm wrong....just the sense I got from severe drop in Abyss and sudden rebound the following week.
                          Last edited by davidbrenton; 10-03-2009, 12:18 AM.

Comment

Oct 12/13th
                            Thanks. Oh boy that's a long wait. I am keeping my fingers and toes crossed.

Comment

Originally posted by davidbrenton
                              You're assuming that NYC metro audience watches Smallville in the same ratio as other areas.

From Abyss' drop, my feeling is that NYC metro actually watches in a disproportionately higher ratio than other areas....I hope I'm wrong....just the sense I got from severe drop in Abyss and sudden rebound the following week.
                              Even if NY has an abnormally large amount of SV viewers, I don't thinK Abyss would have broke 4M. Using the 6.5% percentage, SV would have got 3.81M if NY was included and it was an equal porportion. If NY kept the entire Audience that watched Bloodline(the seasons highest rated episode) it still would have only got 3.85M

Using last weeks ratings

Top Ten Markets

Time Net Program NY LA CHI PHI DAL
                              ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                              8:00 CW Smallville 1.8/ 3 2.1/ 4 2.4/ 5 1.1/ 2 2.0/ 4

Time Net Program SF/OAK/SJ BOS ATL WSH DC HOU
                              ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                              8:00 CW Smallville 2.0/ 4 2.2/ 4 1.6/ 3 1.7/ 3 1.7/ 3

Smallville
                              - 2.573 million viewers
                              - 1.6/3 HH <---- they using this number for local markets
                              - 1.0/4 A18-49
                              - 1.1/4 A18-34
                              - 0.9/3 W18-34

I have no clue what the number means but SV got a 1.6/3 HH in the US, while NY had 1.8/ 3. Using those numbers it tells me NY gets 1.125 times more viewers then the US average, if I factor that into Savior's rating it would go from 2.57M down to 2.382(using new york weighted numbers) compared to 2.403(using a non porportioned average)

It should be noted that other then Philly Smallville pulled higher then average numbers in the 7 top markets, of the bunch though NY was the lowest value. I am wondering how much effect Smalltown Friday Night football had on Smallville or Ghost Whisperer could have a huge effect because it's numbers were 5.5/10 and it scored lower then that in all top 10 markets meaning little town America loves it's GW
                              Last edited by Supsfan; 10-03-2009, 03:16 AM.

Comment

I say 1.5 or less (with a little luck).

Smallville now:
                                -Bad script (very predictable). T-T
                                -The actors don't have feeling. U.U
                                -Is depressing and suffocating.
                                -The story of Clark, Lois and the blur makes me laugh. They have fallen in love very suddenly, is not credible.
                                -The producers can bring all DC characters, but crumbles Smallville.
                                -Smallville today have a viewer less, me.

Goodbye, people. I say goodbye to Smallville after 9 years watching the show. This year is the end, I'm sure. Always Chlark... (For me was the best part of the show and the producers have destroyed it). Good luck to the people who continue watching the show. I hope that your wishes are fulfilled and will not disappoint you (as it happened to me).

I'm leaving now... Up, up and away!

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎