Music in "Metallo"

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

The copyright music is heard in the more popular of the CW shows like Gossip Girl and Vampire diaries. Gone are the days when Smallville is classified as a "popular" show. She's just an old woman now living out her days to her fateful demise

Btw this episode was fantastic!!!

Comment

The last Chlark scene in the episode had one of the coolest scores I have heard in some time. I really liked it and I think it will try to tab it in the next few days.

Comment

That music towards the end while Clark and Chloe were talking was awesome! It has that oriental, lullaby feel to it that makes the the scene poignant!

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs_TomWelling
          That music towards the end while Clark and Chloe were talking was awesome! It has that oriental, lullaby feel to it that makes the the scene poignant!
          Yes, I loved that part. I was like, "Wow, they have an acoustic guitar." It was very pretty.

I think one of my favorite parts of the episode, though, was where John woke up after his "transformation" and there was NO music. It seemed to pack more of an emotional punch. BAG didn't need music to help him with the creepy factor of that scene, he did just fine on his own.

I don't really think they always need copyrighted music, as I love instrumental scores. But sometimes, yeah, it really helps, especially with montages. Like the end of "Turbulence" last year. That song was great. I also really love the song the used at the beginning and end of "Beast."

Recently I rewatched S1 (which I hadn't seen in quite awhile) and there were so many times I said, "I love this song! I forgot it was in this episode." Especially the song at the beginning of "Metamorphosis" where they are at that... festival/market thing. And also the song at the beginning of "Stray."

... Okay, now I need to go listen to some music.

Comment

The music (overall) for the episodes seems darker more somber. I think it is fitting for the change in Clark's character.

Comment

I loved the music in this episode, particularly the Clark and Chloe conversation at the end. So beautiful.

Comment

I thought LF did a FANTASTIC job in Savior, but he topped it to the point in this one that I actually said something about it to my husband!
                I agree, the silence as Corben awoke was deafening in it's emotional punch, and then, as he pulled off the bandages, and they played it later on too, it sounded just like the music in Lord of The Rings, when Frodo fell into the marshes. I also loved when Tess was talking in the end about "reviving" him, and the background had that choral music sound that reminded me of Star Wars, Ep 3.
                Beautiful score, and I love that they are using it more and that it is more epochal and cinematic.

Comment

is there anyone knows what is the name of the lullaby a woman sings at the roof scene

Comment

It's "Hush Little Baby"
                    I think lyrics are:
                    Hush little baby don't say a word
                    Mama's gonna buy you a mocking bird
                    And if that mocking bird don't sing
                    Mama's gonna buy you a diamond ring
                    Etc...

Comment

Mr. Roboto woulda been great for this episode lol jk

Comment

Working...