This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Special Effects in "The End"

What did you think?

i kinda liked the teleporting of Lucisamifer. it was subtle but it seemed like he moved in lightning.

Comment

Offscreen teleportation is a mainstay in shows where it might be too expensive to show a fancy graphic whenever someone disappears into thin air. Supernatural uses it ALL THE TIME. Ghosts, monsters, and angels (but rarely demons, oddly enough) are constantly sidling into and out of the scene from just off the edge of the screen every 10 minutes. It's actually kind of funny when you pay attention to it. Supernatural generally does a pretty good job of not making it look corny (although it still does sometimes), but the ubiquitousness of it kind of wears on the nerves.

I think that this episode marked the first time that the two main characters did it. Sam offscreen teleported when he was Lucifer, and Dean did it when he was talking to Zach at the end of the episode. Can anyone think of a time when either of those two did it before?

Comment

OK, this episode was amazing with the 'double Deans'. Usually with that sort of thing it looks fake or cheesy or something but this was really well done (only spot I found a problem was right before Future!Dean punches now!Dean out before going to face Samifer. Jensen's line of sight was a bit off, looking like he was talking off to the side).

Really, kudos to the FX people for this one.

Comment

My favorite scene purely for the special effects was when future Dean gave past Dean a drink and passed him a glass. that bit was done flawlesly and i was totally convinced, which doesn't happen to me very often because i know too much about visual effects.

It just goes to show what is possible sometimes when you avoid cgi and let the compositors and editors do the effects the old fashioned way but with up to date precision.

Comment

Working...
          X
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎