Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I donīt

I donīt think that the fight with Metallo was to short. How could he deafet metallo without pulling out his "heart".
    And Superman has no chans what so ever against green rocks.

Originally posted by Smallville_Fan_RJK
    2nd episodes normally are never as great as the Season premiere, but then again give it to Season 9 of SMALLVILLE to deliver us a rocking episode like "Metallo". Brian Austin Green is literally perfect in this episode - creepy, angry and in your face along with a human-side nonetheless. Can Clark defeat a kryptonite-fueled nemesis? You know the answer to that but the fight was better than expected though still a little on the short side but you know what? Seeing Tom Welling and Brian Austin Green go at it is just so much fun! On with "Metallo", the story doesn't really focus too much on why or how Metallo was built but visually, this episode is superb and honestly, I like the way this Season's going - Up! Clark returns to the Daily Planet with Lois too in this one so there's a moment for me to enjoy but overall, "Metallo" gets a definite 10/10 from me and well, I'm intrigued to see what's next; oh right, zombies?

Comment

• I gave it a 9 simply because Brian was so fantastic in it.

Comment

• I gave it a 10... it was amazing

Comment

• 9/10 was definitely better than Saviour (which I liked alot but didnt love). Looking forward to Mettallo's return heres hoping for a decent throwdown when these two clash again. I get the feeling they will upgrade him upon his return. I said earlier my favourite episode is Justice but this one just opened the race again, gonna have to have a think cause I really digged this episode just superb.

Comment

• It was okay nothing special I like Clark realizing he needs to keep his human roots the most in the episode. I didn't like Brian Austin Green as Metallo.

Comment

• I thought Brian Austin Green was fantastic in the role.

Comment

• To me a great way to crossover with Supernatural and a good choice would be if Jared Padalecki was cast as Metallo originally Metallo was mean to look like Clark and those two actors looks similar to me. And Metallo should have been a bully not tormented.

Comment

• This episode is amazing one of the best so far.Liked metallo, and the plot.But the fight could have been longer

Comment

• Metallo was great.
                    The Clark-Lois interaction was great too.

Comment

• Solid 8

Liked how they did Metallo visually in this one. Though it was kinda bummer that we didn't get much insight to who build him. I know Tess mentions Zod and in "Conspiracy" it is talked more...but no Zod in the beginning...made things kinda too vague.

I understand that Clark doesn't want put Lois in danger but they should have had more teamups before the Blur going silent on Lois. This was kinda lame after the awesome build up in S8.

Also...Clark came back to feed the dog? No, I don't need scenes like that. AND Chloe to remind that. "Quit backpeddling Clark, commit to what you started!" Too bad the writers don't think like that. I mean, I loved how at the beginning was listening to the city and then blurred to action when a police radio was heard. Back to the dog...couldn't Clark have given Shelby to Ben Hubbard or something??

Also I didn't like the reason John Corben hated the Blur. He should have been given a more selfish motive. But I liked this encounter with him more than in "Upgrade" where Metallo was made to look like the good guy... Geez!!

Comment

It worked very cohesively because all the different aspects of the story made sense. A huge reason for that is the performance of Brian Austin Green as Corben/Metallo. Another example of a sympathetic villain, but he does a brilliant job conveying the confusion of his predicament and the fear of the unknown, plus the simmering anger with the Blur that boils over into full-blown fury to such an extent that he has no qualms about killing Lois. That's saying something when the normal John Corben clearly fancies a piece of that. The sympathy comes from the fact his sister's death is still very raw for him, and they show how much he cared about her and misses her with the Skype footage taken during his tour of duty. I'm glad he was brought back later in the series, and he does a great job in that one too.

In the last episode, Lois was proving to be a distraction for Clark during his training but bar the squeaky chair moment when she thought Corben was Clark, there wasn't much to suggest that Lois missed Clark. The Blur occupied all her thoughts. In Metallo, they addressed that conclusively. She goes to the house looking for him only to find Shelby all alone. She didn't want to leave Shelby all alone so took her (him?) back to the Talon apartment. Even when talking to Chloe, she cannot hide the fact that she really misses Clark. Chloe sees through the bravado but doesn't push it, largely because she's surprised and then slightly annoyed that Clark is still talking to Lois as the Blur.

Clark for his part is finding a sort-of inner piece when talking to Lois as the Blur. He can't prevent her from being wilful and getting herself into trouble, but when talking to her on the phone and then when he rescues her from Metallo, his face is a picture of warmth and affection. He really wants to reveal his true identity when she asks but knows he has to hold back. Even then, staying away is not an option because it would leave Chloe as the reluctant confidant and he also feels being truly in touch with humanity and human emotions is of far greater benefit to him in embracing his destiny than remaining in the shadows.

That all leads to one of the most feelgood moments in the show as Clark returns to the DP. Lois is so ecstatic to see him that she behaves in an untypical Lois manner. She's so tender that it surprises him, until a simple comment throws her out of the moment and into recovery mode. Clark sees through it and asks her to regale him on her exploits helping the Blur. She's so giddy and desperate to tell her story that she even jumps on his desk, and he looks delighted to just hear her voice and be able to talk to her. These two are so gone, the infatuation is obvious. Incidentally, Clark's surprised reaction to the hug was seen as pivotal by the writers because it gets mentioned in the season finale as the moment he knew she was the one he's needed all this time.

The scene where Lois ushers Chloe into the elevator and says something about the Blur needing a sidekick just as the doors close was a nice visual touch. Chloe is left speechless.

One moment I didn't quite like was the zoom down the DP building and into the bullpen through the window. It was intended to be a clever one-shot but the trouble is that the building looked way too artificial.
                        Last edited by Bally; 04-17-2016, 03:03 PM.

Comment

• I like that this was the second appearance of John Corben. A recurring problem during the early seasons was that the villain of the week would show up for that one episode and the characters act like they've known this person for ages, despite us never having seen him/her before. Here Corben was allowed to get to know Lois, onscreen, before he became Metallo. He doesn't just show up as a never before mention DP employee, that Lois is suddenly supposed to have had disagreements with for years.

Design-wise I think this is the best live-action Metallo, out of the four we've had. I also like his motivation for going after the Blur. It's similar to Roger Corben, who became Metallo to avenge his brother's death, which he blamed Superman for.

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎