No announcement yet.

'Virtual' Sylar's Powers

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'Virtual' Sylar's Powers

He used Matt's own Powers against him. He saw things that matt couldn't see. weird.

He didn't see anything himself... he just tricked Matt into thinking he was seeing and hearing things that werent there, ala Maury in season 2 - who's Matt's papa and has the same ability as Matt.

Comment

It's like they are "sharing " the body. He has what Matt has but is better with it.

Comment

I think Matt's potential for character growth is huge. What Sylar is doing is both evil and totally ****ing awsome.

Comment

woot im right.. Sylar can actually obtain his powers this way too that's what I assumed when he started doing illusions in the first two episodes.
          Take a look at my post for more info : http://www.kryptonsite.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=132394

I am totally against Sylar with this power I hope he loses it when he gets his body back.. or he'll be too strong.

Comment

Originally posted by Seyee
            woot im right.. Sylar can actually obtain his powers this way too that's what I assumed when he started doing illusions in the first two episodes.
            Take a look at my post for more info : http://www.kryptonsite.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=132394

I am totally against Sylar with this power I hope he loses it when he gets his body back.. or he'll be too strong.
            Doubt they'll take that route again. I'd like to see Sylar and Parkman assimilate, like Pakman BECOMES Sylar and shapeshifts back into Quinto.

Comment

It could very well be that Sylar is just an illusion brought on by Matt's guilt. Matt's mind may be playing tricks on him. It's a little too early to get overly speculative, since it's tough to try to figure out where the writers are going with this. If it really is Sylar in Matt's head, then that would be a lack of continuity from last season's finale. At that point, Sylar was rendered totaly unconscious by the stuff Peter injected into him.

Comment

This virtual Sylar is definitely not portrayed as some sort of psychosis in matt's mind. He's portrayed much like Jor-el, a self proclaimed, self realized entity, Capable of full independant thought and action. They're acting as if they extracted sylar's soul and it's inhabiting the mind of matt!

Comment

Well, I don't know any Jor-el. I don't follow any other shows or comics, so unfortunately all I can do is politely nod my head and hope you don't catch on to my ignorance.

However, it does not appear to me that they are portraying Sylar as an independent entity at all. Matt said Sylar has no powers right now. Sure, virtual Sylar (nice name by the way) "knew" the suspect was hiding behind a door. Matt was trying not to use his abiltiy, and yet in earlier episodes it appears that his ability is a passive one, meaning that he might have heard the guy's thoughts anyway. It's just pure speculation on my part as a possible, not necessarily correct, theory of what's going on.

Comment

Jor-el is Superman's long lost dad from krypton, who inhabits his fortress of solitude. The essence of jor-el runs the fortress, and is essentially a super computer/ artificial intelligence, capable of incredible functions and independent reasoning and protocols.

Comment

Originally posted by TheANIMAL (marcus)
                      I think Matt's potential for character growth is huge. What Sylar is doing is both evil and totally ****ing awsome.
                      Totally agree. Sylar's making Matt completely bonkers. It's like Sam with Lucifer.

Anyone find it odd that matt wasn't wearing gloves when he was executing that search warrant and handling "evidence"? Maybe I've read too many detective novels or maybe the writers should read at least one. I mean hell they got a cop on the show. Couldn't hurt.

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎