Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have you regained faith in Smallville after Savior?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by funky_town021
    i voted i never lost faith in the first place, although i think Doomsday is more than just a decent ep, i think im one of the few that really loved it but oh well. savior was great

you and I think alike- I liked it alot too, and I'm in the minority as well. Most I've TT wanted alot more out of DD, but It's not time yet!

Savior was very good and has me mondo-excited for the season

Comment

• Smallville is back! Even though its in a much darker form than previous seasons, it is a refreshing change from previous seasons.

It also looks like the show has regained some forward momentum in the character development department and for that i am most greatful.

Comment

• Originally posted by hellokitty
        whitearrow: I don't think they are necessarily trying to make him into the Dark Knight. I believe they backpaddled that idea after CC. But he has in the past, whenever he was fully embracing Kal-El,whenever he had gone through a major, traumatic, emotional turning point, either said "Clark Kent is dead", or, especially as his Kal-El side, has worn all black. It's all symbolic right now. This is only 3 weeks afte the events of Doomsday, everyone is in transition right now. Clark clearly still cares about people, he still knows that he should check in on Chloe, as his parents would have raised him to be considerate, etc. He may be dark and detached and sad right now, but he's adjusting and learning. And I'm not positive about how his training is supposed to look but I love the way they show it on this show, as a basic downloading holographic tornado in his fortress. Yeah, they need a great villian, but this is only the beginning. Give CB time as well as anything else. I see this moment in the series as his training to be Superman, so I don't mind if they downplay certain aspects (not really sure how I should word that, sorry).
        It's unfortunate that you leave the show disappointed, I hope that you will give it another chance and hopefully it will give you a payoff.
        Its obvious that you are a great fan off the show. I was too but its amazing that with the diverse array of characters in the dc universe they have really toiled to give us a half decent story in recent times. If they insist on introducing these major players, which is great for viewers i might add, they could at least give us an ok plot line. I dont care if we dont get to see ck use his powers that often but the main plot story could offer more then just filler material. Every recent episode can be summed up by watching the first and last 5 minutes. I will keep watching but not expecting much and hopefully i will be pleasantly surprised one of these days....

Comment

• i was expecting a more exciting season premiere, honestly. i mean, the whole Clark turning his back on humanity was a little too much for me. it really didn't agree with me, and i honestly was just like "Clark, STOP IT." i mean, don't get me wrong, the season premiere was good, per say, but like i said, i was expecting a more exciting plot.

now Metallo on the other hand definitely exceeded my expectations. it was a lot better than i expected it. not a perfect 10, but hey, still pretty durn good!

now next week is a different story...let's see how this works out....

~K

Comment

• I thought the premiere was terrific. I love seeing a darker Clark/Kaleel and I was curious about how they would depic his training with Jor-El, so that was interesting. I was also relieved to see that they brought Lois back immediately, I was a little worried they'd drag out her disappearance. The premiere got me very excited and hopeful about S9. But who am I kidding? I'm all about Clois and it looks like this season the writers might actually deliver!

Comment

• well, having seen the episode... not bad. Clark's training finally, wearing the \S/ finally, and still working at the planet. good so far....

Zod... could be promising. has potential, I just hate to leave behind the one we "met" in season 5/season 6.... but then, maybe this younger version is about the same. *shrug* I'm hoping for a good storyline for Zod, because so far he looks pretty good.

the biggest thing that concerns me is that this season will mostly be about Oliver's fall/rise from the ashes. well, no... that's maybe unfair. they *do* have Clark training, so his story is making progress. and GA certainly needs to come back as a hero. a good balance of the characters?

so pretty much I sum it up as such: a very good start to a new season. keep Clark going on his path of accepting his destiny/creating his own (he'll have to... we know he can't completely write folk out of his thoughts which isn't a bad thing!).

Comment

• never lost faith in the show, its still the show i always loved.

Comment

• Never lost faith in Smallville. Season 8 had a few downs but 80 % of the episodes were still fantastic.
                  Smallville is my obsession !

Comment

• Originally posted by FanofTom
                    Never lost faith in Smallville. Season 8 had a few downs but 80 % of the episodes were still fantastic.
                    snap!

Comment

• I never lost faith, Doomsday had Clark and Doomsday had that explosive fight we were promised would have been great for me. I liked the episode just didnt like the fact we got duped into thinking there would be this huge fight. As for Saviour it was a good episode, there was a little too much going on at times but it rocked. Just seeing that \S/ on Clarks chest has me pumped. Also something I noticed about the way this episode was filmed, it seemed to me when the show was in the mansion it looked very gritty kinda like 21 grams style yet when it wasnt it was normal, does anyone get what I mean?
                      Last edited by Stebob1984; 01-02-2010, 11:07 AM.

Comment

• I never lost faith, Doomsday was a decent enough episode & savior was good too. As for Doomsday I think the "big fight" we we're all looking forward too was abit of a dissapointment but i still enjoyed the episode & i love smallville

Comment

• Originally posted by fanoftom
                          never lost faith in smallville. Season 8 had a few downs but 80 % of the episodes were still fantastic.
                          ita

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎