Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Can GOD Possibly Die and How Can an Angel be a Virgin?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't think God is dead. I am thinking that since hes MIA that the Arch Angels do as they please because there is no one in higher command of them. Therefore they rebel, telling other angels what they think because after all they wanted the apocalypse to happen. Lets just say they are all partying while papa is gone on vacation and when he returns, they will be grounded

Comment

Maybe they shouldn't tell God the baby-sitters dead.

Actually that would be a great episode title.

"Don't Tell God The Baby-Sitters Dead"

Comment

That's just ridiculous. So God's under vacation? How can the Creator of EVERYTHING be gone? I just don't buy that!

I'm also sick of all this vessel crap! Go find another arc to come up with!

I've been respecting Supernatural so far, but I'm glad it'll end this year!

Comment

Originally posted by Carnagefan88
          why would lucifer resurrect God if he is dead Lucifer is God's Greatest Enemy and if he resurrects him he knows he'll defeat Lucifer
          Maybe Lucifer wants a battle just like the archangels.

Comment

Originally posted by PJBoy
            That's just ridiculous. So God's under vacation? How can the Creator of EVERYTHING be gone? I just don't buy that!
            Well we actually don't know where he is. But I doubt hes dead. I mean Kripke wouldn't go there! Oh I hope he wouldn't. Thats just wrong IMO.

Hurry Kripke, answer our questions before we go mad!

Comment

Well, I guess my previous post could be seen as a little confrontational, and I apologize for the tone. I just was a little taken aback that someone would get butthurt (if you weren't, sorry but it seemed that way to me) over the portrayal of Heaven in a TV show. Of course, getting butthurt over a person's comments on an online message board isn't any better, so again: I'm sorry.

Back to the topic at hand regarding Supernatural Heaven, the "one true religion" as shown in the show so far has actually been leaning a little more towards the Old Testament than the New, in other words Judaism. The end of the world stuff is from Revelations, but that's pretty much the only New Testament material that's been used. The Old Testament was a lot more forgiving (and salacious) when it came to sex. People were having sex all the time! And out of wedlock, too. Even some of the supposedly good characters were doing stuff that Jesus and Christianity would have frowned upon, to put it mildly. The Ten Commandments says that adultery is bad, but if you aren't married then it can't be adultery, can it? Even then, there are exceptions under the law. For example, if your brother dies and he had no kids, you can sleep with his wife to get her pregnant to ensure the continuation of his line.

The Old Testament concept of the afterlife was very different from Christianity's, as well. I'm not entirely familiar with it, but it certainly isn't Heaven in the christian sense. The angels as shown in Supernatural are also a great departure from the standard mythology. I would (and do) just think of it as the show's writers drawing inspiration from religions all across the world, but not feeling like they have to stick to the common interpretations of the symbols within that religion. Supernatural mythology is unique, and not strictly Christian, Jewish, Muslim, Hindu, Buddhist, or whatever.

Comment

I think if anyone, God deserves a vacation.

Comment

Originally posted by He Who Lurks
                  Well, I guess my previous post could be seen as a little confrontational, and I apologize for the tone. I just was a little taken aback that someone would get butthurt (if you weren't, sorry but it seemed that way to me) over the portrayal of Heaven in a TV show. Of course, getting butthurt over a person's comments on an online message board isn't any better, so again: I'm sorry.

Back to the topic at hand regarding Supernatural Heaven, the "one true religion" as shown in the show so far has actually been leaning a little more towards the Old Testament than the New, in other words Judaism. The end of the world stuff is from Revelations, but that's pretty much the only New Testament material that's been used. The Old Testament was a lot more forgiving (and salacious) when it came to sex. People were having sex all the time! And out of wedlock, too. Even some of the supposedly good characters were doing stuff that Jesus and Christianity would have frowned upon, to put it mildly. The Ten Commandments says that adultery is bad, but if you aren't married then it can't be adultery, can it? Even then, there are exceptions under the law. For example, if your brother dies and he had no kids, you can sleep with his wife to get her pregnant to ensure the continuation of his line.

The Old Testament concept of the afterlife was very different from Christianity's, as well. I'm not entirely familiar with it, but it certainly isn't Heaven in the christian sense. The angels as shown in Supernatural are also a great departure from the standard mythology. I would (and do) just think of it as the show's writers drawing inspiration from religions all across the world, but not feeling like they have to stick to the common interpretations of the symbols within that religion. Supernatural mythology is unique, and not strictly Christian, Jewish, Muslim, Hindu, Buddhist, or whatever.
                  It's alright. I appreciate your apology. I was just confused because ever since they brought in the whole angel and God thing, it seemed as if they have been referring to Christianity's mythology and God so based upon that I found that it was weird that Dean was suggesting an angel having sex in Heaven.

Concerning what you said about adultery and the Ten Commandments, sex is only meant for marriage and therefore consummating such an act is a sin if it is outside of marriage so any form of sex is wrong if one is not married and committed to another person. The Church doesn't frown upon sex and based upon what I've been taught in Church and catholic school, they think it is a great thing IF it happens in marriage.

Comment

Well we're not talking about Angels exactly how they are in the bible. We are talking about Angels that walk around the earth in human bodies. There are plenty of opportunities to have sex. In fact Dean had sex with an Angel. So I could understand his surprise.

As for God being dead, well he's obviously not, but I can't see them ever attempting to give him a human form. Anything we hear about God will be through Cas I think

Comment

In theory she was not an angel at that point, cause she lost her grace, she fell... but I do agree with what you're saying.

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎