Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Special Effects in "Savior"

Discuss the reportedly grand special effects of the ninth season premiere!

The best grand special effect for me will always be CLARK/TOM himself, especially tonight

Comment

i cant wait to see that Statue of liberty scene fully.

Comment

clark diving off the statue of liberty and everyone just waiting for him to fly..... just not yet i guess

Comment

We actually didn't get that many, compared to other premieres. We got the monorail, the fall off the Statue of Liberty, couple superspeeds and heat visions, and the crash into the barn.

It seems like they tricked us with the trailer. Clark fell off one of the buildings in Metropolis and I was sooo excited to see that shot in HD. But it looks like they used that just as a place holder, then switched to the Statue. The statue fall did look cool, but... hmm.

I guess my favorite would be the whole monorail thing. And also the shots of Metropolis. The city looked great with all those other skyscrapers. The watchtower building. Some cool new stock shots as well.

Comment

Amazing! The best on the show, IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by theotherJane
              Amazing! The best on the show, IMO.
              Definitely!

Comment

The monorail was definitely the best. Even though I knew he would catch it, I instinctively held my breath anyway lol

Comment

Originally posted by superspider02
                  i cant wait to see that Statue of liberty scene fully.
                  I thought that was really cool. Once Clark is able to fly, I hope we get to see him actually flying off of it!

I liked the special effects from the episode. I thought that purple streak sending Lois back looked somewhat cartoonish, but the rest was good.

Comment

CLark using the remnant of what superspeed he had left with the blue K around, to pull a NEO, and see it coming and MATRIX dodge a deadly disk

SV- best special effects since the matrix..with superspeed, actually BETTER

Comment

These were easily the best SFX since the CW has been producing SV. They were among the best of the series, I believe.

Comment

I thought the statue of liberty shot was good, the monorail was good. The city exterior shots throughout the episode was good. Also the exterior for watchtower set looks epic.

Comment

I loved that they showed more of Metropolis. That was a change, and of course I liked the train catch. That was incredible! Even watching him set it down was cool, because he didn't struggle with it at all. I want more of that type of thing this season.

Comment

Great special effects and I loved them all

Comment

I loved the kryptonian symbol stuff going around Clark in the fortress scenes..Now I gotta go frame by frame, write it down, and figure out what it says

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎