This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was right, the best special effect was CLARK

Comment

after living in metro vancouver my whole life, it was awesome to see them take advantage of the skytrain and the skybridge here, although it was heavily edited, and the interior was different then what the bombardier mk-ii trains are:

I also believe the trains don't have their headlights on when they go the opposite direction, this would have been CGI'ed too.

I like how they kept the interior for their train to look like the windows in our vancouver trains.

Although we do have 2009 model MK-ii trains that look like this now:

and finally, the coolest shot! The vancouver skybridge, edited for metropolis!

which based on this:

Comment

Wow great work mechjames! I was curious as to what was their inspiration for the monorail.

Comment

Originally posted by costas22
          Wow great work mechjames! I was curious as to what was their inspiration for the monorail.
          Cool pix...My thanks as well

Comment

Yea, no problem.

We don't have a monorail though. These are propelled my linear induction motors powered by a third rail system. They are trains with steerable axles I believe, as described here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bombard..._Rapid_Transit

Monorails are based on 1 rail: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monorail Ours have three.

Just basically consider it a driverless train. The FBI agent did say Skytrain on the episode, not monorail.

Our skytrains now have the capability to reach 80km/h.

Comment

Great special effects! It looked like smallville totally stepped up there game in that department!

Comment

Originally posted by Karafan1
                I loved the kryptonian symbol stuff going around Clark in the fortress scenes..Now I gotta go frame by frame, write it down, and figure out what it says
                I also thought the FOS effects were great. I also liked how the ninja gal threw that saw blade at Clark. Very cool. Hope to see more like it.

Comment

Originally posted by Karafan1
                  I loved the kryptonian symbol stuff going around Clark in the fortress scenes..Now I gotta go frame by frame, write it down, and figure out what it says
                  that would be sooo cool if someone actually did that! It would take a long long time though!

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎