Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Television Ratings for "Savior" (AKA, We're Going To Double Gossip Girl's #'s)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by davidbrenton
    Great question fielded from Matt Rush in the Spoilers forum regarding Smallville Friday move & ratings, and chances of S10:

The KryptonSite/KSiteTV forums are a place originally created to discuss the WB/CW series Smallville which expanded to cover all kinds of TV, movies, and more!

(Althought not specifically a thread about spoilers, please use own judgement in entering thread, as there may or may not be people that bring spoilers into the conversation).
    Thanks for directing me there. The link didn't work, but I went into the thread you specified. Great news. Like it was said earlier, looks like S10 depends on the ppl behind SV and whether or not they want one. They seem to not only want one but are planning on having one. And I'm pretty certain WB wants them to put out one more (as it mentions dvd and international revenue). Yay! That's all I want...one more!

Oh and I am SO glad Smallville is holding its own on Fridays. Even though CW isn't expecting much, its heartening for fans to have their show do well even in the 9th season.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mrs. Superman
      Thanks for directing me there. The link didn't work, but I went into the thread you specified. Great news. Like it was said earlier, looks like S10 depends on the ppl behind SV and whether or not they want one. They seem to not only want one but are planning on having one. And I'm pretty certain WB wants them to put out one more (as it mentions dvd and international revenue). Yay! That's all I want...one more!

Oh and I am SO glad Smallville is holding its own on Fridays. Even though CW isn't expecting much, its heartening for fans to have their show do well even in the 9th season.
      I know in the past I said I didn't want it to go to ten, but I just can't keep myself from wanting one, especially if S9 stays the way it is! Besides, ten is such a better number than nine, right?

Comment

• Originally posted by ClarkyBoy14
        I know in the past I said I didn't want it to go to ten, but I just can't keep myself from wanting one, especially if S9 stays the way it is! Besides, ten is such a better number than nine, right?
        I was the same way! I never thought I'd want a 10, but with the way this season's been so far there just has to be one more. I'm not ready to say goodbye just yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by ClarkyBoy14
          The more, the merrier.

Yay, for Smallville! I'm glad it did so well in DVR numbers-- a 50% increase is something to scream about, IMO. ... too bad the CW doesn't think so.
          ...but if the show keeps these good Live+7 numbers up, I think we will see a season 10. My philosophy is to live and enjoy the show day by day, week by week, but I can't help but get excited when I see the show do so well in delayed viewing ratings and that the show is legitimately holding its own on Friday nights.

Comment

• The C3 numbers are out and Savior increased 23% to a 1.1 A18-49.Smallville had the 3rd largest increase of all shows in the C3 numbers. Advertisers NOTICE these numbers, so more good news for Smallville.

Comment

• Repeat of Savior gleaned 1.58M viewers. That beats the season average of Melrose Place!

I just realized networks do count repeat ratings performance when selling ad space, so I guess they matter too.

Comment

• 1.58mil. Really good ratings for a repeat, and on a Friday!
                Maybe it was pre-empted for games.

Comment

• Final for the 11/27 repeat of Savior, 1.54mil. is still good!
                  Smallville (R)
                  - 1.537 million viewers
                  - 1.0/2 HH
                  - 0.6/2 A18-49
                  - 0.5/2 A18-34
                  - 0.3/1 W18-34

Comment

• For a re-run, those are great numbers!

Comment

• Originally posted by davidbrenton
                      Repeat of Savior gleaned 1.58M viewers. That beats the season average of Melrose Place!

I just realized networks do count repeat ratings performance when selling ad space, so I guess they matter too.
                      good news comparing the nights there on and the advertising difference is huge.

Comment

• Damn man.....I remember when 4 million was the show's average and kryptonsite fans used to frown/go rampant on a 2 million rating. Now it's all cheers and celebrations. A lot's happened since I've been gone.

Comment

• Originally posted by KryptonStones
                          Damn man.....I remember when 4 million was the show's average and kryptonsite fans used to frown/go rampant on a 2 million rating. Now it's all cheers and celebrations. A lot's happened since I've been gone.
                          Yeah, the show moved to Friday.

Comment

• Originally posted by KryptonStones
                            Damn man.....I remember when 4 million was the show's average and kryptonsite fans used to frown/go rampant on a 2 million rating. Now it's all cheers and celebrations. A lot's happened since I've been gone.
                            If you noticed, SV has been moved to Friday. Friday isn't a time for most people to sit at home and watch TV, and yet, SV managed to score more than a million and a half... It really is a good thing... If SV gets 4 mil on its first showing alone, I'm sure the CW would make SV their #1 priority which doesn't seem to be the case as of late...
                            Last edited by kiariclois; 12-04-2009, 07:33 PM.

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎