Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Music of "Savior"

Once the episode has aired, talk about the music (if any) from "Savior" here.

I loved the music and fit well with the scenes.

Comment

The score was very similar to Hans Zimmer's and James Newton Howard's The Dark Knight soundtrack. Listen to "Like A Dog Chasing Cars" and you'll catch what I mean.

like a dog chasing cars(DONT REMOVE THIS VID,I BEG YOU IT'S ONLY FOR ENTERTAINMENT,NO COPYRIGHT INTENDED -WMG)

But then again... it's not like SV hasn't ripped from Batman before. I can't remember which episode but there's one episode where the theme from Danny Elfman's Batman score is played during some Green Arrow action.

Comment

They HAVE to release a score from smallville...Is there anything the fans can do to make them do that?

Comment

It wouldn't be worth it because there's not a real orchestra behind it. It's all digitally created. The melodies are great from time to time but nothing beats live studio recordings.

Comment

i do really miss the show using copyright songs, they had some good copyright songs for scenes in seasons 1-7. I hated that in season 8 we only got that for a few episodes. But we know it was probably the first thing cut when they got budget cuts last season/this season.

Comment

I miss the pop music too, but they aren't in high school anymore so I'm ok with it. Plus, it seems like last year they had the perfect songs playing at just the right time. The score for this ep, though, I made sure to pay attention to, since I've started noticing with each passing season. I really liked it. And if they cut the music budget in order to get great guest stars or good fx, I'm ok with that...a little.

Comment

I loved the score and when Clark catched the train and saw Lois I did hear a little of the score that was used last season when the Blur would call Lois.

Comment

Background Music.

Background music used to be there to help with the mood. Now it's so loud I CANNOT hear what the actors are saying. Hooray for captioning. Smallville is the only thing I watch on the CW; are the other shows this way? Even previews have so much noise that I can't understand a word of dialogue. Okay, I'm over 30. How do you youngsters feel about this?

Comment

are you sure your cw affilate just wasnt having audio problems?

Comment

Originally posted by Kingman
                      Background music used to be there to help with the mood. Now it's so loud I CANNOT hear what the actors are saying. Hooray for captioning. Smallville is the only thing I watch on the CW; are the other shows this way? Even previews have so much noise that I can't understand a word of dialogue. Okay, I'm over 30. How do you youngsters feel about this?

LOL! You are still a youngster! It depends on the affiliate. I had to record it on two different ones last year b/c I was tired of the sound freaking out every once in a while. Now, commercials being twice as loud as the show, that's everywhere, and THAT'S one reason I DVR.

Comment

I justly well known to music by Hans Zimmer, excellent music and why I have the soundtracks of two Batman movies and the music is really great you are encouraged to hear this music

Comment

i was too excited to listin for music xD

but i did notice something while the blur was calling lois,

Comment

i loved it, pure Dark Knight score

why not use music from my favourite movie

Comment

I could have sworn I heard piano from 'Never say never' by the Fray

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎