Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lois346
    Ten out of ten! I loved this episode. Last weeks episode was jsut okay but this was great! I loved everyone in this episode even that *****h Caroline!
    hehehe I agree. Surprisingly liked Caroline a lot more in this epi

Comment

10/10 Another great episode of a surprisingly great series. Can't think of any show I'm enjoying more. The stories, the writing, the music, the filming/direction/editing, all top notch and engaging. It's simply great fun.

No episode more than this one reeked of Smallville, yikes. As luvinChlark and Ryan/Vyperman pointed out above, the football stuff was pure early Season 1 Smallville. From Stefan catching the football being thrown to hit him by a football jock/bully, to cutesy Elena playing cutesy cheerleader, to the first practice where Stefan shows off his mad skills, it was pure SV and shamelessly so. We also of course have a jealous Whitney-esque boyfriend in the mix (or former boyfriend in this case); although I see his character more akin to Liz's ex on Roswell. Lots of similarities to the Roswell setup for this series, more so than to Smallville's, imo.

Another Superman-esque scene was when Superman's I mean Stefan's hand got cut, and then Lois I mean Elena grabbed his hand and saw it was no longer injured (reminiscent of a scene from Superman II). I half expected Elena to say, "I was right. You ARE Superman." And then Stefan rips open his shirt to reveal an "S" underneath. Except the S is for "Stefan" in this case, or "Stupid", depending on your point of view. j/k

I'm disappointed that they've revealed Damon to actually be the murderer in town. Before, we never really saw who the person/thing was that was killing people. Whenever we were shown Damon attacking or feeding before now, he left them alive afterward, mind-wiping/glamoring them and such. So it seemed as though they were setting up a more interesting situation where there was some other vampire in town that was doing the killing, and that Damon wasn't a total monster and only pretending to be. But nope. It really was Damon the whole time apparently. Don't agree with this writing decision at all. A missed opportunity for something more interesting in my opinion.

Originally posted by vyperman7
      Look at a show like CBS's Moonlight for example and the relationship between Mick/Beth. Not only did those two have fantastic chemistry, but the writers let us get to know them and really built up the sexual tension between them. By the time the show ended, the audience was satisfied with them finally getting together. It is only a shame the show was canceled and we didn't get to see an actual love scene between them.
      Ryan buddy, interesting you should use Moonlight as a comparison as I'm a little past the halfway point of the series on dvd, and I gotta say it's not what I remembered it to be. The Beth actress honestly is horrible, I can't believe and I never really saw that the first time. As such, I find almost of her scenes painful to watch (the Mick actor on the other hand was perfect casting, he single handedly made the series as good as it was, IMO). I was never really into the Mick/Beth pairing myself, never really felt the chemistry you did. I think she was a poor choice for the part. And beyond that, from a story standpoint, I never thought the Mick/Beth romance should have happened in the first place. It was borderline incestuous, since he watched over her/protected her since she was a little girl, and he was a full grown man the whole time. Father/daughter one day becoming father/lover? Not exactly my cup of koolaid. lol

Originally posted by OneShotClois
      What else is bothering me is that Stefan, after 100+ years, still doesn't know how to be more careful with his powers. You'd think after all those years, he'd have known how to hide his powers better. I mean, Elana basically found out, and I'm surprised the other guy that was fighting with Stefan didn't say anything - but there's still time for that.
      You got it, and I'm sure that bugs a lot of us...

Originally posted by luvinChlark
      I'm confused why those numbers were flashed when she touched Stefan, instead of Damon, since he was the one that caused the death. But I guess it will be explained later.
      Damon caused the death, yes, but Stefan did nothing about it during or afterward. So Stefan has blood on his hands too. Maybe he should start writing his whiny diary entries in his own blood now instead of with ink, you know, to punish himself. lol Then he could whine about that too. heh

Originally posted by Saber
      I want less high school angst and a little more theatrical vampire drama that I can be swept up in to there anguish.
      Too late, they've already revealed their fanboy love for Smallville. It's over, Saber... Over. heh j/k

Why are they so enthralled with Elena? Being a look- a- like to Kathryn is not enough of a bases to make me say “oh yeah, I see where ya comin from”.
      I don't know the books or anything, but she's probably supposed to be a reincarnation of the same person...or maybe a direct descendant. Or maybe a reincarnation AND a direct descendant....or maybe a descendant of a reincarnation....or maybe...oh forget about it.
      Last edited by Xanderman; 09-27-2009, 08:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Xanderman
        Too late, they've already revealed their fanboy love for Smallville. It's over, Saber... Over. heh j/k
        You’re right they tapped into the universal Smallville “O” blood type (Overdone/overused) instead of some fresh and rare AB blood type ( Asolutely Brand-new) . I can only hope they run out of the SV props & ideas.

I don't know the books or anything, but she's probably supposed to be a reincarnation of the same person...or maybe a direct descendant. Or maybe a reincarnation AND a direct descendant....or maybe a descendant of a reincarnation....or maybe...oh forget about it.
        I don’t know what kind of reincarnation or re-embodiment she has but being just a look-a-like isn’t enough…hell I look a little like Angelina Jolie (dark hair ) and I ain’t got no Brad Pitt following me around.
        Last edited by Saber; 09-29-2009, 01:39 AM.

Comment

Hey! good review.
          So, one HUGE thing about vampire lore, is that every story is different. Some vampires sleep during the day, some can walk in the sun, some bites turn you instantly, it all differs.
          I've watched/read a lot of vamp stuff, the whole turning into a vamp is different a lot of times.
          In True Blood-drains the person's blood and puts vampire blood back into them
          Interview w/ a vamp- bites them then they drink some vampire blood
          twilight/Underworld- the vampire bites are poisonous, thus changing you
          Vampire diaries- haha not really sure yet

Comment

I finally got around to watching it. I like this show. It isn't nearly as campy as what I was expecting coming from the CW. The show is actually pretty dark. I liked the episode overall. I find the lead character to be endearing and easily likable. I am interested to when everyone will find out about vampires. I also wonder if other vamps will show up.

Comment

Originally posted by CallMeClark
              I am interested to when everyone will find out about vampires. I also wonder if other vamps will show up.
              Yes, there will be other vampires coming to the show. They are casting for a few at right now...! I am curious about who they will be and what their relation to the Salvatore brothers will be!

Comment

Originally posted by vyperman7

Look at a show like CBS's Moonlight for example and the relationship between Mick/Beth. Not only did those two have fantastic chemistry, but the writers let us get to know them and really built up the sexual tension between them. By the time the show ended, the audience was satisfied with them finally getting together. It is only a shame the show was canceled and we didn't get to see an actual love scene between them. Secondly, while I do like Damon as a character, it is going to get really old, really fast to see him threatening from afar every week and picking off members of the inner circle of characters. There is only so many people in Stefan's element that he can attack. I think Damon would have been a great addition at the end of the season in the last 6 episodes or so to make things more interesting for the season finale. Since I enjoyed this episode, I will keep going for another couple of eps to see if it improves as a whole. Although, the love interests are already together and Damon's antics will start to get really old/predictable pretty soon.
                I agree. Mick and Beth were amazing and I hope this show learns to build things up a little better like Moonlight did (though nothing will ever compare in my book). There are a lot of possibilities with this show and I adore both Stefan and Damon, but the relationship needs to be slowed somewhat. The dynamic will become better I think once Elena finds out the truth, which I think will be soon. None of this secrets and lies Smallville crap for me. The sooner the better. Knowing he is a vampire could be the perfect setup for a slower build up.

Oh, and Sophia Myles IS an amazing actress. Don't want someone to lead people astray but Beth was AWESOME!! It was like watching a movie star on television.

Comment

Originally posted by Saber
                  You’re right they tapped into the universal Smallville “O” blood type (Overdone/overused) instead of some fresh and rare AB blood type ( Asolutely Brand-new) .
                  Lol, clever.

I don’t know what kind of reincarnation or re-embodiment she has but being just a look-a-like isn’t enough…hell I look a little like Angelina Jolie (dark hair ) and I ain’t got no Brad Pitt following me around.

Originally posted by Autumn
                  Oh, and Sophia Myles IS an amazing actress. Don't want someone to lead people astray but Beth was AWESOME!! It was like watching a movie star on television.
                  Hey, I'M that someone, aren't I.... Lol but seriously, I don't think I'm leading anyone astray. Myles was indeed bad in my opinion. But Moonlight is/was still a fun show. The vampire detective lead is great, as is the story. So thumbs up to Moonlight. Thumbs down only to Sophia Myles for possibly helping to seal Moonlight's fate, not only with her bad acting, but with her interviews as well.

The dynamic will become better I think once Elena finds out the truth, which I think will be soon. None of this secrets and lies Smallville crap for me. The sooner the better.
                  I think the current dynamics are great. I prefer keeping the secret going for as long as possible myself, a la Lois & Clark, as there are still plenty of fun stories/dynamics to be had and explored in this scenario (of Elena not knowing the truth about him or Damon). As once the secret is out, there's no going back (ie. no way to get back those missed opportunities to play around with the concept).

Comment

Hey, I'M that someone, aren't I.... Lol but seriously, I don't think I'm leading anyone astray. Myles was indeed bad in my opinion. But Moonlight is/was still a fun show. The vampire detective lead is great, as is the story. So thumbs up to Moonlight. Thumbs down only to Sophia Myles for possibly helping to seal Moonlight's fate, not only with her bad acting, but with her interviews as well.
                    I just can't agree about Sophia Myles. I've also seen her in movies and she is fantastic. I thought she was perfect as Beth and her chemistry with Alex O'Loughlin was amazing. Every person I've ever talked to loves her, so...I doubt she sealed Moonlight's fate. Mick and Beth is a beloved tv couple still. Anyway, it was actually the WB who sealed the fate by refusing to give more money to the show. It wasn't even truly a CBS decision. I still am angry about canceling the best show of all time, and definitely the best vampire show of all time in my book (no offense to this show). Anyway, I LOVE Sophia Myles and the VD would benefit from an actress of that caliber. She reminds me of Kate Winslet. I think she's fabulous in the Underworld movies, Tristan and Isolde, Mansfield Park, From Hell ( a small but amazing role opposite Johnny Depp), The Abduction Club (HILARIOUS!), Art School Confidential (the director/producer is known for only hiring people that CAN act), etc. Can you tell I'm a fan? Anyway....

I think the current dynamics are great. I prefer keeping the secret going for as long as possible myself, a la Lois & Clark, as there are still plenty of fun stories/dynamics to be had and explored in this scenario (of Elena not knowing the truth about him or Damon). As once the secret is out, there's no going back (ie. no way to get back those missed opportunities to play around with the concept).
                    Again, I can't agree. I'm not a fan of Lois and Clark and the whole secrets and lies crap. It gets on my nerves. Like on Smallville, it's a game to keep things a secret from the women. It's obnoxious. I don't want Elena and Stefan to turn into Clark and Lana, though Lana did have a point about knowing the truth when it came to Clark in season 5 (they WERE sleeping together). I enjoy honest relationships. I liked the truth coming out in episode two of Moonlight, I liked the secret coming out in episode one of Roswell, etc. Besides, I don't think it will be long as it doesn't [SPOILER] take long for Elena to find out the truth in the books. [/SPOILER] I think it would make for more pleasant viewing personally rather than the angsty "I deserve the truth" nonsense.

Comment

Hey Autumn, if you want let's continue our Moonlight talk on the ML thread...probably more appropriate:

The KryptonSite/KSiteTV forums are a place originally created to discuss the WB/CW series Smallville which expanded to cover all kinds of TV, movies, and more!
                      Last edited by Xanderman; 10-05-2009, 02:32 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

haha I agree. I liked the whole vampire football thing too

Comment

"We're a work in progress. We'll figure it out."

Meh, first half 7 second half 8. Let's average that for a 7.5 and round it to an eight. First half was kinda boring and slow TBH. The Jeremy scenes were not as good as last time IMO. My least favorite part of the episode. I'm glad he and Vicki came around to each other in the end. My favorite moment had to be the Delena scene in Elena's kitchen. So we learn more about Katherine, that was good. I actually liked Stefan standing up to Damon. That was nice to see. Decent episode, not too bad but nothing spectacular either. The dinner party scenes and the Stefan/Damon scenes really helped this episode rate higher than a 7 for me.

"Guess I could seduce her the old fashion way or I could just... eat her."

Comment

i quickly watched this episode.. so far its been awesome. Damon is hot and am starting like stefan as ell

8 points.

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎