No announcement yet.

TPTB needs to get on the same page with Matt

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TPTB needs to get on the same page with Matt

One season he's all about his wife despite the fact she cheated on him, next season he's over it and can't forgive her, then he's all about this random girl that's played really hardcore that's she's his soulmate or something just for the TPTB to go oh.. nevermind... and put him back with his cheating wife, lol.

Not to mention his professional career. One week he's a detective, next week he's in private security, then he's BACK to being a detective again.

They REALLY need to make up their minds on Matt!

Yea add the fact that if someone was outside the state capital building with a bomb strapped to their chest, and on live tv nonetheless, they would never, ever see the light of day again.

The writers' tried to whitewash that incident by portraying Matt as a drug addict. Might work in a comic book, but people are supposed to buy this here.

Comment

That's right! I forgot all about the bomb thing! How the hell did he get his police job back after that?!

Comment

Originally posted by RedPhoenix23
        That's right! I forgot all about the bomb thing! How the hell did he get his police job back after that?!
        A clear plothole. Nobody would ever be free again, and to add salt to the wound, nobody would ever be able to carry a firearm again. It's like pulling teeth to get a simple LTC permit. If you have 3 d.u.i.s your out of luck, but apparently if you intend to blow up thousands of people you are eligible. Jeese, how gullible do the writers' think we are!

I mean, much of the show is extremely far-fetched, but this was a non-power usage event. Which precludes that it was meant to depict an actual scene that could possible happen. The fact that they just swepted it under the rug was irresponsible. What they should have done was start the season with Matt locked in jail.

Comment

I would have settled for him just not being a cop again. Then he could just play dumb and be like the cops couldn't find him, lol. But if he's actively employed as a cop, they would have done their due diligance and found out he was that same dude on tv right??

Oh... unless he used his mind whammy on them but that's something they need to SHOW us not just go... nevermind... don't think about it.. he's a cop again and back with his cheating wife and that's all u need to be concerned with, lol. Oh and... forget Daphne.. we lied and wasted your time about her being so important to Matt, our bads.

They could at least treat me to a shirtless Peter again after that, lol. Or Sylar, I ain't picky. Well, as long as it's not Parkman himself I guess, lol.

Comment

But, Seriously what is the point of Parkman? his story arc is worthless....just kill him off and have someone else raise his son.

Comment

And then, completely ditch the son. I don't care about any of those!

Comment

Originally posted by RedPhoenix23
                Oh... unless he used his mind whammy on them but that's something they need to SHOW US
                Well that would take a gargantuan effort, that I don't even think Matt nor even Maury could muster. Remember, Matt strapped with bombs was on national tv, so millions of people saw this event. I don't think that's in his repertoire to broadcast a mind whammy like that.

Comment

He wouldn't have to everyone at once, just anyone that walked up to him, lol. But regardless, it's still dumb.

Comment

All parkman has to do is walk into the department and say 'You will hire me as a detective'

and then they do.

We also know that he has the ability to mass manipulate the entire nation. When Nathan was going to tell the world about the heroes peter and nathan made sure everyone was paying attention because matt was going to make them.

Of course then nathan got shot, but that's besides the point.

Yes it is a plot hole in the sense that htey didn't tie it up, but I could easily tie it up in about 10 seconds of thinking about it.

Comment

He was only able to mass manipulate because of the confress Nathan set up. And it's most likely that Matt was only able to make the peeps like the press and the police still that were in the same building as Matt to "listen" to Nathan Petrelli. Matt can't have a random thought and enforce it on the entire United States at will, lol. Even if he could, I stick to the fact that need to SHOW him do it that way maybe we could SEE more why he's so freaking emo about using his powers.

Comment

You would think all the repercussions from that bomb event would make for some interesting story, but its too bad they didnt flesh it out and just swept the consequences under the rug. I hope they start following through with these type of details.

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎