No announcement yet.

Does Peter have all his powers back

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does Peter have all his powers back

Having watched all the previews and clips for the new season; it seems peter might have all his powers back. Last season he could only have one power at a time but from what i've seen so far he is fast, has Mohinders powers, I saw a still of him with blood on his chest (looks like he got shot and healed again: http://justjared.buzznet.com/2009/08...ody-shirtless/ or just my imagination) and he took the knife throwers powers (Darth Maul from star wars) while also keeping his other abilities. What are your thoughts? I for one hope he has his mimicry powers back. What are your thoughts?

I agree. I think touching sylar gave him the ability to mimic again, becuase sylar can mimic too, he's just limited by his lack of empathy, and therefore has to kill. Peter's naturally more caring, and so I think he has empathic mimicry back now.

Comment

i hope so. but remember future peter has plenty powers but no emphatic mimicry so i'm guessing peter can mimicry by touch but holding the powers

Comment

After last night's episode we know he def doesn't. However, I think those circus people will find a way to restore it. We heard Ray Park's character say "I found an Empath" and then Peter showed up on the tattooed chick's back.

Comment

Seemed pretty clear that when he absorbs the power of the knife thrower he lost the super strength. Unless i missed something, i just dont remember seeing him show any kind of extra strength along with the speed he uses later...

Comment

There was some goofs with the cuts on his face, at least I think there were because from what I remember, one shot there was a cut during the fight on one side and the next it was gone, then some more cuts.

Comment

I'm guessing they will be restored soon. At least I hope they are.

Comment

I think it's a mind thing, like when Hiro couldn't use his powers in season one. Peter has done nothing but cut ties for the past two years. His family all betrayed him and now he operates totally alone.

When his emotional empathy returns, his power empathy will too.

That's my story and I'm stickin' to it.

Comment

The serum gave Peter different powers, I think empath is just what they call anybody that can copy anothers powers, he was human after his father took his powers, the serum re-wrote him a new ability, similar but not the same, the writers said he was getting too powerful and that is why they changed his power, Peter is just as caring as he ever was and being more proactive about it, when his power developed in the first season he was still not using them properly had no understanding of it, but he was still able to use them they were actually in overdrive, now he knows what he is and is using it to help and is back to caring about people and even back at his old job (even though I could have sworn he was a nurse and not a EMT, but anyway), if his original powers were still present and somehow being surpressed last season by emotional stunting then this season they would be back as he has gotten over it, which leads me to believe that his old power is just that, an old power and not coming back he is no longer a being with an inborn power he is just like Nathan and the Triplets his power is synthetic.

Comment

So this will forever be his power? One at a time and can only absorb by touch.

Comment

Originally posted by Superboy2
                      So this will forever be his power? One at a time and can only absorb by touch.
                      Powers grow not change, he may be able to hold more than one at a time eventually, but I think the touching thing will stick, Hiro and Peter even after 10 years of having time/space manipulation still had to rely on touch to teleport others.

Comment

His "new" powers, and the fact that he lost his old powers via a hug... sooo lame. The idea that his powers could be blocked or hindered by his emotion or lack of empathy.. sadly - much lamer.. He had no problem using his powers when he was in psychopath/sylar mode - really no emapthy there. That didn't last long tho. Ever since the hug episode its been such crap..

Who the hell complained he was too powerful? He wasn't all that bright.. Whatever, peter needs to group hug the rest of the 'powered' cast.. Maybe that'll be the genius writing loophole the writers use to bring the power back..

Comment

Maybe next week when he meets the healer his powers will be somehow fixed.

Comment

or he could go back in time and take the power from his past self.

Comment

I'm wondering if Matt jr. will be able to restire his powers partially.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎