Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There's a Curse Between Us

Title- There's a Curse Between Us

Authoress: Vindellavon

Summary- What lurks inside is different from what roams in the front, but the heart never lies, therefore the truth never dies.

Rating- M-12+

Pairing(s): Mordred/Merlin (one-sided)

Warnings: Mordred's POV, Merlin-centric, pre-slash!

Disclaimer: Nothing here is mine, except the plot.

Notes: One-shot.

----0000----

I was thirteen when I met Emrys, the Lady Morgana, Prince Arthur, and that kind maid Gwen. Today, I am only minutes away from turning fourteen, and being considered an adult in my culture. It is truly a difficulty believing not more than two months ago, my life had been on the line and all rested upon Emrys' shoulders, and that I had been looked upon and treated as nothing but a child. Now, the Pendragon prince lay in bed, nursing wounds from a beast set out from the Old Religion itself, treated like a child just like I was. All the while, I step forward to finally reach maturity. I can almost smell the irony.

Six minutes.

There was something I couldn't quite put my finger on when I first met him. I knew his Druid name name; I knew him, for he was the deemed saviour in the books we were required to know by heart. I knew the second his dark blue orbs met by cornflower azure, that the connection had been fulfilled, and that it was only a matter of time. Yet, there was something I couldn't quite catch in the beginning. It's a rather hilarious observation, if you ask me; I didn't figure out the answer till after the Pendragon prince had saved me and left me to my guardians. Yes, the same Pendragon prince I am destined to murder in the future, because the Great Dragon isn't the only creature from the Old Religion that knows the prophecies. We, Druids, are people of the Old Religion, therefore we have our own methods. I know Emrys was under tutelage of the Dragon before his mother's life was under the control of the Lady of the Lake, but that has ended now, just minutes ago. Emrys has not yet fully realised it yet, but I know everything he knows, and if he just remotely gave it a try, he would know everything I did. There's something between us.

Five minutes now.

After being injured by a guard, chased around by more guards, and then being thrown in prison by another guard; my fear of guards increased by an astounding rate. Whether they be good or bad was not in question, but the fact that they were anyone but Emrys was what inflicted me the most. My heart, my, soul, my protector would forever be Emrys, whether he liked it or not. Shame, if only Emrys had heed attention to my words before, maybe we could have spoken verbally at least once before I took my leave. This added to my unholy dilemma. What was that one thing Emrys was hiding so utterly, with nothing coming as close as feeling the sudden change of air? My time behind bars told me it was the Pendragon prince to blame. Why else would a seventeen year old child let another thirteen year old child, die at the hands of a tyrant? At the time, it seemed to be only answer, and I had deduced it as the prince being the cause for the time being. Oh, how wrong I turned out to be when the described prat came and rescued me.

Four minutes, and counting.

I was shocked, to say the least, but I have taught myself never to let my emotions appear up front, unless necessary. However, this man that I was destined to kill had just saved me from my untimely death, and done it so from the bottom of his heart. One of my very profound abilities I have mastered, I can read a living being's true intentions while they're in action. I almost laughed at the expression of mockery that graced the features of the lone god above. He was laughing; I knew He was laughing. The Almighty could really be a nasty being when He wanted to be. Then, my calculations were once again destroyed, and I was brought back to square one. If the Pendragon prince was really under the hawk blue eyes of Emrys, then he wouldn't have been able to step foot out of his chambers. However, the prince had made it thus far and he had come to save me. Shocking, once again, to say the least. Emrys almost failed once more just days ago when he gave his own life away fro the sake of the prince's, almost losing his mother and teacher in the process. I smile lightly now; Emrys is presented to be such a child in eyes of the natural audience to create such chaos based on sheer stupidity, when I alone know what really lurks in his heart. My lips turn, and I smile a broader grin. Emrys' will never cease to amaze me; such ignorance do his decisions reek of, yet he always refuses to admit the cause behind them all. Yet, I know, and if I know, Emrys knows.

Three more to go before the ritual is complete, and I am free to pursue whatever magic based profession I choose to undergo. Tick, tock.

When Emrys had fully appeared in the nick of time, the lies he spoke to the prince could not be pushed past me. I gave him a wry look, and I knew he understood. What I was shocked to understand after he pulled me out of the dungeon, was the determination that was suddenly roaming his aura when he helped the prince and me onto the horse. And it wasn't for the prince, because he would live no matter what. His life would end by my hands, not his father's. Whether it be my thoughts that provoked him or just my innocent face, I'll never know. What I do know is that he had defied the words of his dragon, and taken sides with a future murderer. That was when I realized the truth behind our destinies, and why the Emrys I knew couldn't figure me out.

Two left.

It wasn't the look of sheer determination, the eyes weren't the ones, and it wasn't the fact that he'd saved me. Our connection was more than just a connection. We weren't two sides of the same coin, as Emrys and the Prince were. We weren't the same person sharing two bodies, either. We were not two halves of the same whole; we were the entire opposite. We are two different people, sharing a destiny with the prince in the middle, yet bonded by one thing and one thing only. He has been waiting for someone like me, and yes, the fates have made us suffer, but the end game belongs to us.

One.

The Pendragon prince may be Emrys' other half, his brother, but I am what Emrys has always been searching for. I am not his other half, I am not his best friend, I am not his enemy. I am the one who shares the only thing Emrys can never reveal to anyone else. I am Emrys' very fiber, I am Emrys' very existence. Without me, he will not fulfill the destiny we share together, without him, I will not fulfill the destiny he so wants to prevent. I am Emrys' charge, he is mine, and I figured this very problematic issue out seconds after I realised the future king actually returned me home.

Ten seconds.

Wherever he may be now, and however he may be feeling; I can only hope he can understand the waves of emotion I am sending him right now. I am Emrys' change, he is mine. I am his greatest equation, while he is my most prized solution. We are what we are, and we cannot change it. We are destined to be apart throughout our lives, but the end will be our saviour.

Done.

I am a man. I am no child. I am still the same, yet I have changed drastically. I know Emrys will feel this the second it reaches him, because my words are the words he longs to hear.

There is darkness in our hearts, darkness we will never be able to let go. Good was never the question; it was whether we accepted the inevitable or not. Life was never about magic, or good, or evil, or murder; it is and always will be about the cycle, and the last ones alive are the first ones in the new order. We are the last ones, because in the end, it is only he and I. It is the bond, the connection that pulls us together.

There is a curse between us, between me and him.

It is the same curse that will make him mine in the end.

The End

----0000----
    I would love it if you guys could review at my LJ entry, too, if you have the time.

http://vindellavon.livejournal.com/8474.html

This line was really funny, I don't know if you intended it to be, but it made me laugh.

After being injured by a guard, chased around by more guards, and then being thrown in prison by another guard; my fear of guards increased by an astounding rate.

A very good one-shot, simple and to the point, yet very deep as well. I adore Mordred, but I will ever think on him as an eternal child to a point, albeit a creepy one, but even here where you right his transition into adulthood, I'm still endeared to him and his poor mind.

Anyway, great job. The Merlin/Mordred connection is eerie but interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by LovelyLoisLane
      This line was really funny, I don't know if you intended it to be, but it made me laugh.

A very good one-shot, simple and to the point, yet very deep as well. I adore Mordred, but I will ever think on him as an eternal child to a point, albeit a creepy one, but even here where you right his transition into adulthood, I'm still endeared to him and his poor mind.

Anyway, great job. The Merlin/Mordred connection is eerie but interesting.
      I'm glad you enjoyed it! Yeah, I was pretty much convinced Merlin's more of a patient villian than a possessive and insane one (lots of fics portray him as crazy. ). I started it out as a pity-fic for him, but his character's much too complex for just OCD love. Therefore, I wrote him as simply as I could, and went straight to the heart of his problems; Merlin. I mean, Mordred isn't stupid, and he doesn't seem like it either. I don't think it'll take him more than a few minutes to figure out he and Merlin share the same fate in the end. *cue mythos pun*

Comment

Working...
      X
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎