X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TV Ratings for 'Night of the Comet'

CBS: Survivor (3.5, 11.5 million)
    FOX: Bones (3.0, 10.097 million)
    NBC: Weekend Update (2.0, 5.7 million)
    ABC: Grey’s Anatomy (R) (1.2, 4.309 million )
    CW: Vampire Diaries (1.6, 3.8 million)

Last year Smallville's 'Plastique' brought in 4.18 million (not to be ha-ha but its KRYPTONsite I thought it was relevant)

Here is what the CW said

Of course they are going with the 'men don't matter' philosophy

Well Vampire Diaries held its own and I'm not surprised the network is thrilled. I had a feeling it would go down once the competition entered. Thursday has way too much competition for one night. Next week will be worse when Flash Forward premieres. I don't know why the networks insist on pitting similar shows with the same fans against each other.

Also, last season, Smallville was not up against Bones until the second half of the season, when ratings went down immensely, except for Power (Bones wasn't on that night) and Eternal also did pretty good, about the same as this week of Vampire Diaries. Eternal also retained the female audience for Supernatural interestingly enough (DaviscoughDavis). Dawn Ostroff went off about how pleased she was then too.

I hope Vampire Diaries continues to do well despite the worst night to be on television for the moment. WAY too much to choose from. It's even worse than last year. I thought it was unfair that they pitted Fringe against Supernatural. I LOVE both. I also love Bones and think Flash Forward sounds pretty good. They're putting everything I want to watch all on one night. It seems everything was down except Bones (the promos were great for that by the way).

But at least TVD is getting the demos the network wants (women 18-34) and is doing MUCH better than those other horrid shows on the network. Anyway, women can't help but love sexy vampires. I LOVE my beasts, including Davis. How I miss him. I don't plan on tuning in to Smallville now. Bleh.

Comment

I read that the overall ratings don't mean a thing, it's the demos that they are most interested in. Those are really all that matters. TVD scored great. Especially the female demo. Probably explains why other CW shows get renew even when their overall rating is low it's the female demos are what's high or at a decent ratio. It'll be interesting to see what SV will score.

Comment

TVD is doing great. Melrose and TBL are only ranking in the 1 mills. OUCH.

Comment

They're holding their own on Thursday night. Those numbers really aren't bad at all.

Comment

Originally posted by LuthorKent90
            TVD is doing great. Melrose and TBL are only ranking in the 1 mills. OUCH.
            I think that guarantees Smallville, Supernatural and TVD another season at least. As I said when I started a thread in the general section. The failure of the new soap shows should show dawn that they should do what the WB did best, sci-fi and fantasy. I will put money on next season Dawn will commission something from DC or a novel.

Comment

Working...
            X
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎