No announcement yet.

Dean's Necklace

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dean's Necklace

Finally the full back story on Dean's necklace, I been waiting for a long time.

ya im glad they explained what it was. just wondering how the necklace became a god gps lol. wonder if the necklace made dean a chosen one.

Comment

Originally posted by superhippie2000
      ya im glad they explained what it was. just wondering how the necklace became a god gps lol. wonder if the necklace made dean a chosen one.
      I wondered that too. Did putting on the necklace sort of preordain Dean for this role or was Dean chosen from birth and God made sure the necklace found it's way to him to be used in this very circumstance??

And if it was the necklace that was special and not Dean, then should it have been John? The necklace was intended for him after all...

Comment

They really didn't explain it to me. They just told us that there is more to that necklace than just making Dean feel fully clothed. It's cool that it's significant. I just hope they explore it more and connect the dots so we can get a better idea of where it really came from, how Sam came to be in possession of it and how it can find God - enchanted?

----- Added 2 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by chole_fan
        I wondered that too. Did putting on the necklace sort of preordain Dean for this role or was Dean chosen from birth and God made sure the necklace found it's way to him to be used in this very circumstance??

And if it was the necklace that was special and not Dean, then should it have been John? The necklace was intended for him after all...
        maybe but I think the necklace was destined for Dean all along but that it was never mentioned before because they (angels) didn't need it before. then Cas came into the knowledge of it existing so he came to get it - otherwise Cas would have asked for it ASAP right when he branded the boys.
        Last edited by Ginx; 09-17-2009, 07:15 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by chole_fan

ya was ment to be for john. maybe john was ment to be the chosen one.

----- Added 50 Seconds later -----

Originally posted by Ginx
          They really didn't explain it to me. They just told us that there is more to that necklace than just making Dean feel fully clothed. It's cool that it's significant. I just hope they explore it more and connect the dots so we can get a better idea of where it really came from, how Sam came to be in possession of it and how it can find God - enchanted?

----- Added 2 Minutes later -----

maybe but I think the necklace was destined for Dean all along but that it was never mentioned before because they (angels) didn't need it before. then Cas came into the knowledge of it existing so he came to get it - otherwise Cas would have asked for it ASAP right when he branded the boys.
          well they didnt give full on detials about it but they did atleast tell us what it was used for and that it had some sort of power.

bobby gave sam the necklace but where bobby got it i dont know.
          Last edited by superhippie2000; 09-17-2009, 07:17 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by superhippie2000
            ya was ment to be for john. maybe john was ment to be the chosen one.
            Well John was meant to be the righteous one to break the first seal.

I guess Kripke was right, SPN is really about destiny, lol.

Comment

Just remember that it was Sam who intended the necklace to be for John. That doesn't mean that's who God ever intended it to be for.

Comment

Can someone remind me of the history of the necklace? I have seen every episode, and I thought when I watched it that it was the necklace that little Sammy gave little Dean for Christmas when they were kids. Is that right?

Comment

Young Dean was trying to make Christmas special for young Sammy. He stoled Christmas presents and told Sam that they were from John. He got busted lying. Sam gave him the necklace. He said that Uncle Bobby gave it to him for his father, but that Dean deserved it more. So now I'm wondering why Bobby wanted John to have it. I guess there is still a bit of mystery left.

Comment

'Tis what I love about Supernatural, they fix the plot holes at the oddest of moments.

Comment

I doubt Bobby even knew about the necklace, because if he did, he would've known that Castiel came for Dean's necklace. I think it was just something that Bobby gave to Sam, knowing that John would love anything his son would give him. BUT...it just seems kinda odd that Bobby gave Sam that necklace to give to John, who was meant to break the first seal, but Sam ended up giving it to Dean, who did break the first seal, and now has become the one being that is Michael's vessel. And BrandonR, my statement earlier was to be meant for this: God is all knowing, so he most likely knew Dean would be the one who will "start" this, even if the angels didn't. I doubt God would tell the angels everything since it's the angels who pretty much wanted to start the Apocalypse without God's consent, as God is MIA.

Comment

"Fixing a plot hole"? More like a retcon. Dean's been carrying a God-radar around on his neck all this time, and no one has ever mentioned it before, or even hinted at it? Not likely. Either Cas is BSing for some reason, or the thing is only a God-radar because Dean has been wearing it for so long; sympathetic magic, or whatever. Dean's Michael's instrument, Michael was God's instrument before, therefore something connected to Dean can find God, or something. Just a theory.

Comment

I wonder...SPN being in its fifth season...are people TRYING to create reasons for a retcon so they can feel better about Smallville? Lol.

Dean's necklace isn't a retcon. Kripke is a smart man, he will answer those burning questions. It's only the second episode in. And Castiel wasn't in a talkative mood.

Comment

Even if he does explain it all, that doesn't make it less of a retcon. Changing something in the past of the story to affect the present is a retcon, as evidenced by its name "Retroactive Continuity". The bad guy didn't die, he just went into a coma. The love interest didn't betray the hero, she was just gathering information all along. That necklace wasn't just a touching gesture between brothers, it was magic.

Like all things, some retcons are good and some are bad. If they're well-done I don't have a problem with them at all. If a story reaches a stumbling block, sometimes a retcon is necessary to get it moving again. A lot of the time, however, no such thing is needed, and retcons seem inelegant and a lot like a cop-out. I didn't really think that such a thing was necessary to advance the plot, but I'll just have to wait and see. Who knows, I might end up really liking this development.

Comment

be funny if God gave the necklace to Sam knowing that it would one day go to Dean basically lining up God's rescue party if something ever happened.

But yeah, I'm sure they'll flush out some more about it's origin, maybe Dean will look it up and find some info or something.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎