Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Loved it? Hated it? What did you think of Night of the Comet?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

This show is growing on me. I'm intrigued to know the backstory and how the girl with the psychic abilitity is going to play out in the overall story. (Sorry, can't remember her name.)

I also like the three main characters but I do think Stefan looks a bit mature for HS. There were several moments when I jumped out of my seat too.

I think the CW may have their first real hit if it keeps building like I think it might.

Comment

10/10 Loved it, even better than the pilot. An extremely fun, well done series thus far. It's got elements of a lot of my favorite shows past and present. I hope it's around a long time.

Comment

Pilot - 6/10
        Night of the Comet - 8/10

This episode was a step up from the pilot in a few key ways. The main factor that made this episode was Damon and Jenna. I like the fact that they are making Jenna and real part of the series, it may seem like an unnecessary split of attention at this point, but I think it'll pay off later on. Damon is turning into quite the interesting villain. Before we know it, he'll have all of Elena's friends under his thrall - and of course, until Stefan starts drinking human blood again, he won't be able to stop it.

The climax of the episode, the rooftop scene, was very similar to a scene from Interview with the Vampire - not quite as good, but it was a very, very similar.

"Take your aesthete's; taste pure things. Kill them swiftly, if you will, but do it! For do not doubt: you are a killer, Louis!" - Lestat

I really liked this episode. One final concern though is that they are moving the Stefan/Elena relationship along awfully fast. I feel no need to agonize over one single pairing for seasons at a time - Smallville's 8 years of Lana-pining was both old and ridiculous after year 5. I would, however, prefer them to slow it down a bit. With the ratings this show is pulling, it's not going anywhere. There's no rush.

Comment

I really didn't care for this episode, not much happened that we didn't already know from the trailer. I was disappointed. It's coming off as very soap operaish to me and not vampireish. It is turning into more Twilight(book and movie) than Moonlight(TV series). I was really hoping for more of a vampire story set in high school than a high school drama with vampires.

I liked last week better. For that I'll give it another episode, but it's not becoming the kind of intro I want for Supernatural that I hoped.

I gave it a 4/10. I did jump once....

Comment

This wasn't quite as good as the pilot, but I still enjoyed it.

Comment

I loved this episode and I loved Stefan and Elena's first kiss

Comment

Despite the fact that it's mostly drama and setting up relationships I really liked this episode. The thing about the drama was that it was well written. Aunt Jenna came more into her characterization this episode which was nice. I also liked Jeremy's scenes and his interactions with his sister and aunt. Love the Damon/Stefan conflict though I wish Stefan would speak up more to his brother. Damon is kind of a mystery right now so I hope to figure more about him in the future epis. I want to know what Bonnie saw when she touched Stefan. Does she know she is a vampire? Did she see something really bad?

"That's for me to know and you to dot dot dot" ~Damon

Not much action but the drama was compelling enough to drive this episode and I gave it a 9 out of 10!

Comment

Another great episode. 8 points.

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎