No announcement yet.

Confused about Chuck

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Confused about Chuck

I don't know if this was addressed in The Monster At The End Of This Book, but when did Chuck start writing the "gospel" about Sam & Dean? He couldn't have written about the events of the 70's when Azazel first met Mary Winchester or the events in 1983 when Mary was killed in the fire because he was too young (I'm not even sure how old he's supposed to be), especially if you consider that his writings of events pre-date those same respective events that happen in the Winchesters' lives by a good amount of time.

Does anyone think it's possible that one of the angels (Zachariah?) started "speaking" to him purposely to draw Dean & Sam and manipulate them somehow?

hmmm not sure. im assuming he started writing when the series began like 5 years ago. he probably got visions of what has happened in the past like flashbacks or just knowing what happened as if he could see insides the minds of sam and dean and the others.

i dont think it was a trick but i do think zack gave chuck memories of their pasts so he had a better concept of who they were. i dont even think was ment to know he was a prophet so i think he had to have a starting spot to start the story. kind of like whoever wrote the first bible ever. i doubt they were there when adam and eve were around and moses and noah and jesus and all that.

the mary thing and all that he could have seen when dean went back in time and when azezel gave sam a vision about his mother in the season 2 finale. but when it comes to other stuff im not sure.

could have also been chuck had these visions since he was born and just used his childhood visions as a baseline to write the books when they became more vivid.

Comment

Good points. I just realized that Rob Benedict, the guy who plays Chuck, is the same guy who played Calvin (the guy who had trouble peeing in a public bathroom) in the movie Waiting. I can't believe how different he looks in Supernatural.

Comment

oh my god your right! he looks completely different

Comment

Originally posted by xrayvision
          Good points. I just realized that Rob Benedict, the guy who plays Chuck, is the same guy who played Calvin (the guy who had trouble peeing in a public bathroom) in the movie Waiting. I can't believe how different he looks in Supernatural.
          hmmm never saw that movie but ya some of the actors do look a bit different on supernatural. kripkes wardrobe and makeup crew are pretty good. even jensen from smallville to supernatural in a 4 month span has looked different with just a wardrobe change. the girl who played Tessa the reaper she was in saved by the bell the new class like the 3rd new class or something lol and she was a red head and what not and the black hair really made her look different plus shes about 10 years older so that too but ya you would never notice some of these actors. they are more like people you say "hey havent i seen you somewhere".

Comment

THANK YOU!!!

Ever since he first appeared I have been trying to figure out where I knew him from.

**crosses fingers and hopes that Kripke gets atleast one line of dialogue with Chuck saying he needs to go to the bathroom**

Comment

I don't know if this was addressed in The Monster At The End Of This Book, but when did Chuck start writing the "gospel" about Sam & Dean? He couldn't have written about the events of the 70's when Azazel first met Mary Winchester or the events in 1983 when Mary was killed in the fire because he was too young (I'm not even sure how old he's supposed to be), especially if you consider that his writings of events pre-date those same respective events that happen in the Winchesters' lives by a good amount of time.

Does anyone think it's possible that one of the angels (Zachariah?) started "speaking" to him purposely to draw Dean & Sam and manipulate them somehow?
              It was addressed in the episode last season. Chuck started to write from the very first episode of the series. Meaning that's when he started to write the gospel.

Comment

He was also in Felicity, Buffy and Birds of Prey.

----- Added 1 Minutes later -----

yes. I have thought or wondered that as well and I think that when Zach sent the message to Chuck about the '22 dogs' that the angels were using him to have Dean lead them to the 'sword' or clues to the 'sword'. So yeah, it remains to be seen if any of it was from different sources or just Zach and whoever he's answering to these days....
                Last edited by Ginx; 09-14-2009, 06:44 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Working...
                X
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎