Vampire Diaries Ratings

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vampire Diaries Ratings

no ratings yet?

4.8 million. Quite a hit for the CW but it wasn't well reviewed or recieved it seems

Comment

Lol did it flop? Hell No 4.84 Million, I thought it was very good and can't wait till nexts weeks show.

Comment

Originally posted by Estro-gen X
        4.8 million. Quite a hit for the CW but it wasn't well reviewed or recieved it seems
        All I've read were good reviews...

Comment

Originally posted by Kreukie
          All I've read were good reviews...
          I am - Hercules!! Even the “Twilight" fanatics will be leery of “The Vampire Diaries," my pick for fall's worst new series. A drama about a high school girl who falls for a handsome 200-year-old bloodsucker, “The Vampire...

AICN has a round up of the reviews.

Comment

Did good in the ratings, however it didn't have much competition.
            "There was also positive news for The CW last night, with the series-premiere of drama The Vampire Diaries third in the 8 p.m. hour with 4.84 million viewers and a 2.1/ 6 among adults 18-49. Comparably, former occupant Smallville opened its new season one year earlier (on Sept. 18, 2009) with 4.34 million viewers and a 1.8/ 6 in the demo, according to the final nationals. And this beat the debut of Melrose Place two nights earlier (Viewers: 2.31 million; A18-49: 1.7/ 3 on Sept. 8 at 9 p.m. ET) by a hefty 2.53 million viewers and 24 percent in the demo."

Comment

Well, I definitely wasn't expecting it to hit over four, that's for sure. I'd rather this got the ratings and not a show like 90210 or MP for example.

You're right though SparkleforSmallville, it didn't have much competition. We'll have to see how it does when all the other shows are back on the other networks.

Comment

I'm sad that this beats out Smallville in the ratings, but I'm pretty happy that it beat out 90210 and Melrose Place. Maybe now the CW will get the idea that there are better ways to get ratings than just making the same show over and over again while not even coming up with original ideas and steeling them from old fox shows.

It will probably stay pretty high in the ratings because it will gain new viewers with the positive buzz and retain viewers from the pilot, but will fall a bit because some people were just giving it a try and others were watching because there was not much else on.

I wasn't that impressed and I probably won't keep watching it, but I'm not a Nielson family so it doesn't matter what I do.

Also on the bright side - over 4 million people saw the Smallville promo.

Comment

Those are good ratings for cw i mean most shows did not get 4 million besides smallville and few

Comment

thought you guys would be against this show. since smallville was moved to fridays

Comment

meh seriously the show is very poor. at least the pilot was pretty poor. the acting was bad and the script was very cliche. dialogue was that of Dawsons Creek and i dont know if that is a good thing whatever though the ratings wont remain high. people tend to watch shows on the first episode out of curiosity to see if its any good so we'll see. the ratings will dwindle towards midseason if the show continues to be an uninspired piece of poop to put it lightly.

Comment

Originally posted by 03 kal-el
                        thought you guys would be against this show. since smallville was moved to fridays
                        Though I was miffed at first that SV was moved to Fridays, I'm no longer worried it will be affected. Look at Ghost Whisperer and how well it does.

----- Added 5 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by Theshadow129x
                        meh seriously the show is very poor. at least the pilot was pretty poor. the acting was bad and the script was very cliche. dialogue was that of Dawsons Creek and i dont know if that is a good thing whatever though the ratings wont remain high. people tend to watch shows on the first episode out of curiosity to see if its any good so we'll see. the ratings will dwindle towards midseason if the show continues to be an uninspired piece of poop to put it lightly.
                        Well this is the CW we're talking about here, not NBC or CBS, etc. They're not known for their excellent choices all the time, save for Smallville (though we've seen what happened even there) and Supernatural.

Pilots might be a little rough at first, IMO, especially with some of the "newer" actors. For me I'll be giving it a few more chances since I'm curious to see if they go even more into the plots in the books.

As an aside, while it does have a bit if "Twilight-esque" feel, these novels were out in 1991, way before Stephenie Meyer even considered writing a book. LJ Smith writes vampires much better and this showed on screen IMO.

Anyway, I couldn't say for sure how well it will do the ratings from here on out. I sure hope it does better than 90210 and MP.
                        Last edited by WickedJenn; 09-11-2009, 02:55 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Final ratings for Vampire Diaries

The Vampire Diaries
                          - 4.906 million viewers
                          - 3.2/5 HH
                          - 2.1/7 A18-49
                          - 2.2/8 A18-34
                          - 3.1/10 W18-34

The Vampire Diaries half-hour breakdown

8:00pm
                          - 4.713 million viewers
                          - 4.1/5 HH
                          - 2.0/7 A18-49
                          - 2.1/8 A18-34
                          - 2.9/10 W18-34

8:30pm
                          - 5.100 million viewers
                          - 3.2/5 HH
                          - 2.2/6 A18-49
                          - 2.3/8 A18-34
                          - 3.3/10 W18-34

Comment

Wow, that's very good news!!
                            more than 5 million viewers I haven't seen number like that in The CW for almost 2 years!

Comment

Originally posted by jaksfreak91
                              Wow, that's very good news!!
                              more than 5 million viewers I haven't seen number like that in The CW for almost 2 years!
                              Bloodline got a final rating of 5.02million

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎