No announcement yet.

Tina and Eva greer

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tina and Eva greer

I just realized that Eva(tess assistant the one who could shapeshift) last name was greer. Could she be Tina Greer's sister(or another relative) Tina could shapeshift too.

Haha, that's weird!! I didn't realize that until now!!
    Good catch!!

Comment

2 Girls named Greer that are meteor freak shape shifters..........they sure sound like sisters!!!!

Comment

According to Eva's profile (seen on the Isis Foundation computer), she doesn't have any known relativates. So, no, they're not related. Furthermore, Eva's profile lists her ability as "psychic illusions". Basically, she doesn't shapeshift, but creates an illusion around herself, to make other people believe that she looks like someone else. So, they don't have the same powers either.

Comment

Originally posted by jon-el87
          According to Eva's profile (seen on the Isis Foundation computer), she doesn't have any known relativates. So, no, they're not related. Furthermore, Eva's profile lists her ability as "psychic illusions". Basically, she doesn't shapeshift, but creates an illusion around herself, to make other people believe that she looks like someone else. So, they don't have the same powers either.
          Interesting, not sure why I never picked up on that. It can’t be a concidence that her last name was Greer though, since one way or another they could each appear as someone else.

Comment

Originally posted by Vergon6
            Interesting, not sure why I never picked up on that. It can’t be a concidence that her last name was Greer though, since one way or another they could each appear as someone else.
            Well, it's a hard to read computer screen. You need a good quality image to be able to see what it says.

And, yes, I do wonder what the narrative reason was for giving her Tina's last name (especially as the episode establishes that they aren't related). Perhaps they were trying to say that there can be multiple people, with a similar name and/or abilities.

Hence why we shouldn't be too upset that Leslie Willis/Livewire and Neutron died (the latter having not been identified with a real name). And how Parasite (apart from a blink and you miss it moment on a computer screen, he's never identified as "Rudy Jones") was portrayed. As there are a possiblity that they're simply people with similar names/codenames. Neutron and Parasite are never given real names in dialogue, so one could easily argue that they aren't Nathaniel Tryon and Rudy Jones (in the case of the latter, DC has, at least, three other Parasites anyway). And Leslie Willis could just be a random meteor freak, with there being another Leslie Willis (alt. having a different first name) out there, who will one day acquire electrical powers.

It might sound a bit far-fetched, but let's consider the source material for a moment. William "Billy" Batson is the name of Captain Marvel/Shazam. In the 1940's Fawcett Publications introduced three other guys named William "Billy" Batson, who could also acquire powers by saying "Shazam".

You've heard about Hal Jordan, but have you heard of his cousin... Hal Jordan (who becomes Airwave)?

More recently, DC have a white Wally West and a black Wally West, both speedsters, co-exist and be cousins.

There are probably more examples.

Comment

You have to bear in mind that this is a show that also featured two (unrelated) Dr Hamiltons and two (unrelated) Dr Fines.

Comment

Working...
              X
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎