Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    just thought that it would be cool if Stan Lee played god.

well the trickster is a nicer pegan god then the christmas episodes pegan gods. but ya i think having a pegan god as the real god might insult some people. i just hope the trickster and the real god have some scenes at some point cause id like it if they were some what friends. i mean hey god and satan were friends at one point too. wouldnt mind seeing satan god and the trickster having some sort of scene and having satan wanting to destroy the trickster cause he is jealous the trickster got a free pass from damnation when he couldnt get god to forgive him and was thrown in the pit.

Quote Originally Posted by superhippie2000 View Post
    just thought that it would be cool if Stan Lee played god.

well the trickster is a nicer pegan god then the christmas episodes pegan gods. but ya i think having a pegan god as the real god might insult some people. i just hope the trickster and the real god have some scenes at some point cause id like it if they were some what friends. i mean hey god and satan were friends at one point too. wouldnt mind seeing satan god and the trickster having some sort of scene and having satan wanting to destroy the trickster cause he is jealous the trickster got a free pass from damnation when he couldnt get god to forgive him and was thrown in the pit.
    Well lucifer tried to over throw God maybe God banished him to hell for that and made the trickster stay on earth because he didn't lisen but wasn't trying to lead a full rebellion like lucifer.

So...Trickster is to Heaven as Loki was to Asgard?

Deadpool should play God . . .
    It turns out that the Supernatural universe is just a figment of Deadpool's twisted imagination . . .

----- Added 4 Minutes later -----

Quote Originally Posted by Call_Me_Ishmael View Post
    I know, I think I would have to stop watching Supernatural, because that would be somewhat blasphemy, having a Pagan God BE the actual God.

And yes, Kripke did mention that we will see God in the latter of season five.
    I wasn't suggesting that a Pagan God would be the God, I was suggesting that God was masquerading as the Trickster. It was just a silly thought anyway!
    Last edited by Kneel before Zod; 09-08-2009 at 01:36 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Forum Regular
    Just because we'll see God doesn't mean that we'll know it's God. It could be one of those stealth inserts. "Remember in episode 12, 15 minutes in, that guy playing skee-ball in the background? That was God." Or they could just be lying. Producers do that sometimes to keep plot developments secret.

There are probably some people we can rule out. It won't be a kid because they already did that schtick with Lilith. I also don't think it'll be a person who's played God before in something else because that just seems cheesy to me. I think if anyone is going to play God it'll be Jeffrey Dean Morgan (John Winchester). It's got perfect symbolic symmetry. God is the "father" of everything and John is the father of the main characters. John was a mysterious character, never giving away information that wasn't dragged out of him with wild horses. God "works in mysterious ways" and no one can see his plan.

Honestly I'm less interested in the character of God than I am in the character of Lucifer. I'm really interested in seeing how Supernatural plays with him. I'll be really disappointed if they just go with the straight "he's a monster and the source of all evil" interpretation. Actually, I'm hoping that they make him more sympathetic and I really think that the show has set up some real parallels between the boys (Sam in particular) and the Devil. Sam was never satisfied with his father's "plan", always asking questions and never taking anything for granted. He was closer to his brother than to his Dad (what does Dean represent in this comparison?). He tried to get something for himself and was cast out of the family. Surely you can see the similarities.

Hopefully they don't go the predictable route, though the situation with Ruby didn't really fill me with hope for the future on that score.
    Last edited by He Who Lurks; 09-10-2009 at 08:06 PM. Reason: grammar

I would just love for God to meet Lucifer and say, "That's it...you're really pissing me off...so, bam...you're back in the Pit" with a snap of his fingers.

Or turn him into a midget and kick him.

If Eric Kripke want God as a man : Patrick Stewart, Edward James Olmos or Scott Bakula.

As a woman : Mary Mc Donnell or Sigourney Weaver.

On the second floor of a brick two flat in Chicago
    My vote is for Mitch Pileggi, although I believe that both John and Mary will also make an appearance by the end of the season ≡]

what if the new and improved Cas is god. just being in desguise to handle things without people knowing.

God should actually be a hobo. I mean, vanity is a sin.

Quote Originally Posted by superhippie2000 View Post
    what if the new and improved Cas is god. just being in desguise to handle things without people knowing.
    This was actually my first thought when I saw his... Differenceness? I think that'd be really cool.

would be a cool twist but since we braught it up kripke might change his mind haha

i was thinking today a good God could be JP Manioux (sp) you might know him as Edgar from Smallville's transference and the grapes (i think) from the fruit of the loom underwear comercials. he has also had cameos in many sitcoms and been on a few disney channel shows. he might not have the god look but would be intresting if they had god be a somewhat skrawny weak geeky looking dude who doesnt look like he would put up much of a fight but he has more power then you could imagine.

I think God should take Bobby as a vessel or who knows... John Winchester.

another thought of a good vessel. Stan Lee.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast