Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 164
  1. #16
    Totally Obsessed
    Join Date
    Aug 08
    Posts
    6,923
    Kripke&Co. did show interest in brining back JDM, but besides the flashbacks and photo ops; I see him coming back as God the only other way.

  2. #17
    MOD Kombat superhippie2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 05
    Location
    NetherRealm
    Posts
    58,526
    but god cant use him as a vessel so god would have to take the vessel of a shapeshifter to turn into him.

  3. #18
    Complete Maniac krpto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 04
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    7,590
    Quote Originally Posted by superhippie2000 View Post
    but god cant use him as a vessel so god would have to take the vessel of a shapeshifter to turn into him.
    Why couldn't God take the form of daddy winchester if he wanted to? he is god after all he should be able to take any form he wants at will that said I'd prefer if they show God in the form of someone who hasn't been on the show before.

  4. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by superhippie2000 View Post
    i agree should be someone we wouldnt think had much power. i mean look at jesus he was skin and bones and made chairs and tables. he really had no power or anything yet he created a whole religion and a bunch of other religions. so it could be possile that good isnt all buff and strong as he is wise and able to do things. like in a fist fight he might not be able to beat satan but in power and knowledge he could probably destroy them.
    i think he could defeat Satan easily in the 1st fight he is God after all and we probaly won't see him till the end of the season

  5. #20
    Board Master Kneel before Zod's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 09
    Location
    Buffalo, NY
    Posts
    2,319
    Quote Originally Posted by superhippie2000 View Post
    but god cant use him as a vessel so god would have to take the vessel of a shapeshifter to turn into him.
    He doesn't have to possess anyone to have a form. He's GOD.

  6. #21
    Forum Regular
    Join Date
    May 09
    Location
    United Kingdon
    Posts
    379
    Plus, if we were all created in God's image as the bible says we were, then it's a given that God already has a body.

  7. #22
    1000 More To Go!! Welling_is_pretty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 05
    Location
    in the land of denial
    Posts
    9,096
    I think the coolest thing in the world would be if they had God played by a woman! I know, I know, he's always been referred to as "he" but still....It would blow Dean's mind for sure!

    And what female should play this role? I can think of 2 perfect candidates of the top of my head:

    Lauren Graham

    Or

    Jessica Alba

    (For JA I can hear Dean now "God's hot!")

  8. #23
    MOD Kombat superhippie2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 05
    Location
    NetherRealm
    Posts
    58,526
    Quote Originally Posted by krpto View Post
    Why couldn't God take the form of daddy winchester if he wanted to? he is god after all he should be able to take any form he wants at will that said I'd prefer if they show God in the form of someone who hasn't been on the show before.
    well if he didnt need a vessel he could but remember papa winchester was fried so there is nothing of him but ashes.

    ----- Added 1 Minutes later -----

    Quote Originally Posted by Carnagefan88 View Post
    i think he could defeat Satan easily in the 1st fight he is God after all and we probaly won't see him till the end of the season
    well if he could destory satan that easily why just banish him to hell and let him corrupt people for so long?

    ----- Added 3 Minutes later -----

    Quote Originally Posted by Kneel before Zod View Post
    He doesn't have to possess anyone to have a form. He's GOD.
    but if angels can burn out your eyes with them in a tru form without a human vessel then wouldnt god be able to destroy you in a split second if he used his tru form to change? i dont know plus i think hed scare the hell out of sam and dean if john just appeared.

    ----- Added 10 Minutes later -----

    Quote Originally Posted by Syn View Post
    Plus, if we were all created in God's image as the bible says we were, then it's a given that God already has a body.
    ya but im thinking that means our form is the same as gods not so much flesh and bone. i mean we have the same image as aliens but we dont have silver skin and light bulb heads and big dark eyes. anyway thats what i think cause if gods body was like ours it would suck to know he can get sick and have allergies and all that lol. we could always be deformed clones of whatever species god is. who knows maybe god was the last of his kind and made us to rebuild his popluation ofhis species up in heaven. eh guess we wont know till we die.

    not getting into a religous convo just thinking of how the reality of it all could be. just didnt want to offend anyone saying thats whats right so believe it haha.

    ----- Added 12 Minutes later -----

    Quote Originally Posted by Welling_is_pretty View Post
    I think the coolest thing in the world would be if they had God played by a woman! I know, I know, he's always been referred to as "he" but still....It would blow Dean's mind for sure!

    And what female should play this role? I can think of 2 perfect candidates of the top of my head:

    Lauren Graham

    Or

    Jessica Alba

    (For JA I can hear Dean now "God's hot!")
    god was a female in the movie dogma played by alanis moresette.
    Last edited by superhippie2000; 08-30-2009 at 04:53 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  9. #24
    Complete Maniac krpto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 04
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    7,590
    Quote Originally Posted by superhippie2000 View Post
    well if he didnt need a vessel he could but remember papa winchester was fried so there is nothing of him but ashes.
    He is still GOD he could rebuild Johns body to take that body as a vessel if he wanted to knowing john would be somneone the boys would respond to or he could take the form of anyone else or anything else if he wanted he took the form of a burning bush at one time to get man's attention he could appear as john if he chose to or as was stated he could take the form of a beautiful woman to get the boys to stop and pay attention

    I too could see if they have God take the form of a woman to talk to the brothers God slapping dean and dean or sam asking what God slapped dean for and God could say for having a dirty mind. And then dean could say well you created me so its your fault I have a mind to get dirty. that said I personally would prefer to have God in supernatural take a male form since he is based of the biblical God who is talked about as masculane(that spelled right?)

  10. #25
    Forum Regular
    Join Date
    May 09
    Location
    United Kingdon
    Posts
    379
    Quote Originally Posted by superhippie2000 View Post
    ya but im thinking that means our form is the same as gods not so much flesh and bone. i mean we have the same image as aliens but we dont have silver skin and light bulb heads and big dark eyes. anyway thats what i think cause if gods body was like ours it would suck to know he can get sick and have allergies and all that lol. we could always be deformed clones of whatever species god is. who knows maybe god was the last of his kind and made us to rebuild his popluation ofhis species up in heaven. eh guess we wont know till we die.

    not getting into a religous convo just thinking of how the reality of it all could be. just didnt want to offend anyone saying thats whats right so believe it haha.
    Yeah but the thing about God is, I don't think he's any different from a trickster in SPN aside from the fact he doesn't like to trick people. After all, the trickster's referred to repeatedly as a God, so the way I see it the only difference between THE God and any other God is that this God's the one responsible for creating humans and angels. If you'll think back, Azazel said that the only things capable of "manipulating time like that" were the heavens, in other words God, but seeing how tricksters can do that too it's pretty much implied that God is actually a God.

  11. #26
    Complete Maniac krpto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 04
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    7,590
    Quote Originally Posted by Syn View Post
    Yeah but the thing about God is, I don't think he's any different from a trickster in SPN aside from the fact he doesn't like to trick people. After all, the trickster's referred to repeatedly as a God, so the way I see it the only difference between THE God and any other God is that this God's the one responsible for creating humans and angels. If you'll think back, Azazel said that the only things capable of "manipulating time like that" were the heavens, in other words God, but seeing how tricksters can do that too it's pretty much implied that God is actually a God.
    Or God created the trickster as one of his higher level angels giving him powers that would seem almost godlike and then he rebelled and became the trickster.

  12. #27
    MOD Kombat superhippie2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 05
    Location
    NetherRealm
    Posts
    58,526
    Quote Originally Posted by krpto View Post
    He is still GOD he could rebuild Johns body to take that body as a vessel if he wanted to knowing john would be somneone the boys would respond to or he could take the form of anyone else or anything else if he wanted he took the form of a burning bush at one time to get man's attention he could appear as john if he chose to or as was stated he could take the form of a beautiful woman to get the boys to stop and pay attention

    I too could see if they have God take the form of a woman to talk to the brothers God slapping dean and dean or sam asking what God slapped dean for and God could say for having a dirty mind. And then dean could say well you created me so its your fault I have a mind to get dirty. that said I personally would prefer to have God in supernatural take a male form since he is based of the biblical God who is talked about as masculane(that spelled right?)
    ya guess it will all depending on how kripke wants to play god off and what abilities he will have. i guess papa winchester coming back as god could play off if they want to play dean off as jesus.

    ya i can picture dean walking up to a female god like hey baby whats up and god using a big booming male voice be like nothing whats up with you hahaha.

    ----- Added 13 Minutes later -----

    Quote Originally Posted by Syn View Post
    Yeah but the thing about God is, I don't think he's any different from a trickster in SPN aside from the fact he doesn't like to trick people. After all, the trickster's referred to repeatedly as a God, so the way I see it the only difference between THE God and any other God is that this God's the one responsible for creating humans and angels. If you'll think back, Azazel said that the only things capable of "manipulating time like that" were the heavens, in other words God, but seeing how tricksters can do that too it's pretty much implied that God is actually a God.
    ya the trickster is refered to as a god. so the trickster could be the same species just not the leader so has the power of the species but the power isnt as great where he can actually create things just able to create things thats more like sticking someone in a box making them believe whats happening is real and having it like a real life virtual reality that actually interacts and can cause damage. the trickste ris a bit of a rebel so not sure if god would change things to reality like the trickster does. plus it seemed like the heavens can only change things if its all agreed upon like when cas took dean back in time. of course god might not need permission. i just wonder if gods power on earth will be the same in the heavens since im sure heaven has more of a magical energy he can feed off of.

    i would like to see god and the trickster have some sort of scene. like maybe the trickster and god are brothers or whatever. or could have been friends. i could see them in class where god was the nerd and the trickster put whoopie cushions under the teachrs butt lol. of course more crazy then that haha.

    i know this wont be braught up cause no one ever seems to talk about it but god seems to be his title and be his name. i just wonder if god has a name. in other religions they have names for god which kind of translate to god in some ways other religions its gods name but i wonder if you can talk to god what would god say his name is? lots of people refer to jesus as god so could it be possible that jesus was gods replacement as leader of heaven? like if people and stuff are in the vision of god could it be its a recruitment for being god. so maybe they wil play it off as someone looking like jesus being god.

    eh this show makes it really hard to avoid talking about religion haha. i wonder next year when this season comes out on dvd if kripke will do a bous feature explaining why he wanted to play biblical characters off the way he is and if this is what he believes or if he is just going by one story of religion.

    ----- Added 18 Minutes later -----

    Quote Originally Posted by krpto View Post
    Or God created the trickster as one of his higher level angels giving him powers that would seem almost godlike and then he rebelled and became the trickster.
    ya like i was saying perhaps they were friends and the trickster just may have wanted to hang out on earth since its more fun messing with people. i wonder if the trickster was put on earth to begin with as a way to have people change their lives. like its a wonderful life the angel who showed the dude what life would be like if he was never born. maybe the trickster was that angel who changes percepective to show people why their thinking is wrong. then maybe he got to the point where people werent grateful and started to mess with this people who dont value anything and teach them a lesson. its like dude your life could be great but you feel like just getting drunk ad acting like you know everything when you dont so here learn what its like to be a real drunk and forces the dude to live life as a homeless man who lost everything and wind up dying from getting bit by a rat.
    Last edited by superhippie2000; 08-30-2009 at 06:30 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  13. #28
    Forum Regular
    Join Date
    Apr 08
    Location
    California
    Posts
    121
    Casting G-d would truly be jumping the shark. So I hope we never see G-d on this show.

  14. #29
    New In Town Clark-Bizarro's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 07
    Location
    KRYPTON
    Posts
    32
    Ray Wise and John Glover

  15. #30
    Board Master Kneel before Zod's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 09
    Location
    Buffalo, NY
    Posts
    2,319
    Quote Originally Posted by Welling_is_pretty View Post
    I think the coolest thing in the world would be if they had God played by a woman! I know, I know, he's always been referred to as "he" but still....It would blow Dean's mind for sure!

    And what female should play this role? I can think of 2 perfect candidates of the top of my head:

    Lauren Graham

    Or

    Jessica Alba
    Wow . . . That's so insane, I wouldn't be surprised if you were right . . .

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •