No announcement yet.

Arwen Spoiler Thread

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SVFancross
    Guinevere looked totally confused. Normally she's the stutterer. This time she was far more ... un-flustered?
    Probably because she was too confused/surprised to be flustered, but I'll bet she will be back to her regularly blushing self soon enough. Which I like, because she is such a sweet and oft times shy young lady, that it comes across as quite endearing, and also proves a very nice contrast to that inner strength/nobility that we've seen before.

I think that is one of the reasons Arthur is sweet/nice with her, because she is too cute for anybody to really get angry at or tease overly so.

And seriously, how gorgeous was that girl?! So lovely.

Last year she was pretty and cute, but this year . . . HOT!

I also saw the BTS special and Arthur gives Guinevere this absolutely besotted look that just killed me! Guh!

Credit to PeopleAreShapes and Wikked_Angel on LJ.

This pair is going to kill me with happiness and squee.
    Last edited by LovelyLoisLane; 09-19-2009, 11:06 PM.

Comment

Anyone else have ideas of timing of:
      - kiss vs Lancelot episode
      - Athur outburst to Merlin by the river versus the kiss versus the Lancelot episode

Now having seen the BTS where Athur looks upset as he leaves Gwen in the hall with nary a word, and then after she is upset by it, he looks back over his shoulder longingly, I'm beginning to get a sense of the following in order.

1) Light flirting, eye gazing between Arthur and Gwen.
      2) Lancelot reappears and things are slightly rekindled with Gwen.
      3) Arthur gets jealous over Lancelot and it changes his behavior towards Gwen.
      4) Arthur is pensive and ignores Gwen in the hallway, but looks at her anyway.
      5) The scene with Merlin and Arthur happens after that, where Arthur and Merlin both are beginning to realise what Arthur's problem is.
      6) Perhaps Arthur then goes to apologize to Gwen for his odd behavior, and kisses her, or he doesn't really kiss her, but dreams about it.

Comment

1) Light flirting, eye gazing between Arthur and Gwen.
        2) Lancelot reappears and things are slightly rekindled with Gwen.
        3) Arthur gets jealous over Lancelot and it changes his behavior towards Gwen.
        4) Arthur is pensive and ignores Gwen in the hallway, but looks at her anyway.
        5) The scene with Merlin and Arthur happens after that, where Arthur and Merlin both are beginning to realise what Arthur's problem is.
        6) Perhaps Arthur then goes to apologize to Gwen for his odd behavior, and kisses her, or he doesn't really kiss her, but dreams about it.
        Yes, I could see that happening this was. I'm glad you caught that bit in the hallway too. I couldn't find the reference mark but I knew I'd seen it.

I really hope the kiss is real.

Comment

I really hope the kiss is real.
          Me too, but even if it is isn't, I think I'll be alright. Especially if it is Arthur dreaming and he wakes up all surprised with himself.

Comment

I'm just eeeing from all the Arwen action and slight romance to come.

Comment

New timeline spec: Most of the Arwen kiss/intense look moments are all in EP2.

Based on the new 12 second trailer, there were two more snippets that caused me to look at all the various spoilers sources and by studying the character costumes, I think I’ve pieced it together.

Early Scene – Arthur blows off a friendly Gwen in the hallway. The “marker” in the BTS special clearly shows that this is EP2 when I relooked at it. Gwen is in her EP1 outfit (which she appears to wear in EP2). Arthur is in chain mail and is uninjured. I think Arthur is just in “lordly prat” mode and Gwen is offended after having just saved his life that he doesn’t even say hi. I am speculating that this is part of her motivation to challenge him to give up his “royal and spoilt” ways per the Official Description.

Middle Scene (s) – Arthur and Gwen share the intense look in the BTS gif (posted above) AND they share the kiss. In both of these moments, Gwen is still in her EP1 outfit and Arthur is in a brown collared jacket with the blue BIG cape that we saw in the EP2 spoiler picture of Gwen/Merlin/Arthur standing outside. This puts the kiss, IMO, in EP2. An additional snippet from the new trailer has Merlin busting in on Arwen (who appear to be in conversation) and announcing the assassin. Arthur is in the brown jacket but no cape, Gwen is still in the EP1 dress. Finally, there is another intense look in the BTS that I originally thought was the one in the gif above but upon re-watch appears to be in the same costuming as the "assassin announcement". So, the “assassin announcement” could be before or after the kiss. If before, then perhaps it’s part of the motivation for the kiss. If after, perhaps it’s a distraction that prevents talking about the kiss. I’m going to go with it as a pre-kiss moment.

Last Scene (s) – Arthur and Gwen look in royal hall (in the BTS) and Arthur and Gwen lingering look in the hallway. In the new trailer there is a shot of Arthur in chain mail but he is INJURED (again… what a damsel!). Perhaps the assassin stabbed Arthur with that weird fist thing from the trailers. Gwen is still in the EP1 outfit. This is the same costuming in what appears to be a royal hall scene as well as the hallway. In the extended Season 2 trailer, if you look closely you can see the top of the sling – so Arthur has that injury in the lingering-look scene. Perhaps they have a mutual “it didn’t mean anything conversation” and then Arthur walks away -- but then Arthur does the Hollywood classic “if he turns around he’s interested” turn around.* So, Arthur turning around to stare at her one more time as they are in the hallway says to me that the episode ends with him interested (but perhaps in denial).

I think the “nothing can happen” lakeside moment may be in a later episode as Arthur continues to stew on the events of EP2. I think Gwen thinks Arthur is not going to follow-up or the kiss was just a “moment” (like her kiss to Merlin when he got better). Perhaps this explains why she looks with such affection at Lancelot in EP5 --- she doesn’t realize Arthur is truly interested.

*This “if he/she turns around he/she is interested” cliché was highlighted in the movie Line of Fire with Clint Eastwood and Rene Russo but it’s also been in many other movies.

Sorry for the long post. The costume inspiration after the latest trailer got me thinking. It is of course all just a speculation on sequence but bottom line: I expect an Arwen real kiss in 5 days and all of EP2 is big on Arwen. Squeee.
              Last edited by SVFancross; 09-21-2009, 09:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Peacegal
                I'm just eeeing from all the Arwen action and slight romance to come.
                Me too, I'm glad they (the show runners/writers) went in this direction.

It makes me slightly pink at the thought.

Based on the new 12 second trailer, there were two more snippets that caused me to look at all the various spoilers sources and by studying the character costumes, I think I’ve pieced it together.

Middle Scene (s) – Arthur and Gwen share the intense look in the BTS gif (posted above) AND they share the kiss. In both of these moments, Gwen is still in her EP1 outfit and Arthur is in a brown collared jacket with the blue BIG cape that we saw in the EP2 spoiler picture of Gwen/Merlin/Arthur standing outside. This puts the kiss, IMO, in EP2.

I think the “nothing can happen” lakeside moment may be in a later episode as Arthur continues to stew on the events of EP2. I think Gwen thinks Arthur is not going to follow-up or the kiss was just a “moment” (like her kiss to Merlin when he got better). Perhaps this explains why she looks with such affection at Lancelot in EP5 --- she doesn’t realize Arthur is truly interested.

I was thinking that myself, after different people started pointing out that the lighting and costumes were right. That almost feels too early, except I think it must be that Gwen surprises Arthur again by her behavior and it nearly undoes him. In that gif he does look very besotted, afterall. So in a moment of weakness he does something, that in retrospect he probably shouldn't have, creating some fun awkwardness down the line. So maybe not so early.

I certainly hope the 'nothing can happen' line is later, otherwise that does feel too fast. I wouldn't be heart broken or anything, but everyone is saying how they are taking it slow. However, if at two episodes in Arthur is already aware enough of his feelings to be telling Merlin why it won't work (and for Merlin to pick up on something being there between Arthur and Gwen) that isn't taking it very slow.

I'm of the mind that (per Angel Coulby's interview that in the Lance episode Arwen hadn't realised their feelings) Arthur's realization and admission to Merlin wouldn't come until after that.

What is this new trailer you speak of? I haven't seen it.

Comment

What is this new trailer you speak of? I haven't seen it.
                  It's episode 2 specific on BBC1 Merlin EP2 webpage and I can't find on youtube yet. It's really short so someone may not load it.

Scenes:
                  - Jousting flag rises
                  - Uther announcing "this is the ultimate test of courage"
                  - Knight on brown horse starts charging the field, shot of Melin looking on, pull back shot of two knights charging each other
                  - Uther voiceover "It will be the measure of you as men"
                  - Voiceover starts during jousting, continues with a shot of Arthur - injured - looking back at something in the hallway (I think this is the end of the "lingering look"), and ends back on Uther finishing his phrase
                  - Merlin shutting the door in a rush saying to Arthur and Gwen, "There's an assassin in Camelot, he's here to kill you"
                  - As Merlin finished "he's here to kill you" they show the assassin - full face, upperbody shot
                  -Two knights continue to charge, the lance strikes a blow and splinters, Uther is shown standing up in his seat with a "oooh" look on his face
                  - voiceover "Magic is back", red screen with BBC logo

I'm of the mind that (per Angel Coulby's interview that in the Lance episode Arwen hadn't realised their feelings) Arthur's realization and admission to Merlin wouldn't come until after that.
                  Good point. I hope the realization is a post-jealousy moment.
                  Last edited by SVFancross; 09-22-2009, 03:36 AM.

Comment

I do as well.

Sometimes life on the canon side of life is a difficult place, sometimes it is a place I don't want to be, but this time? Loving the canon relationship to pieces.

So even if some things did happen a wee bit early, I can't see myself being really upset.

This setup BBC is going for reminds me a teeny bit of some Arwen fic I've read.

Gwen meets Lancelot, sparks there.
                    Lancelot leaves.
                    Gwen grows closer to Arthur.
                    Arthur develops feelings for Gwen.
                    Lancelot returns and throws a wrench into the works.
                    Last edited by LovelyLoisLane; 09-22-2009, 04:32 PM.

Comment

Synopsis for Episode 4:

Santiago Cabrera returns as the dashing Lancelot, in the fourth episode of the magical family drama series. When Gwen is kidnapped, Arthur goes to her rescue, but Lancelot gets there first.

Gwen is mistaken for Morgana and kidnapped by savage outlaw Hengist. When Uther Pendragon refuses to pay a ransom for her, however, Arthur defies his father and ventures into dangerous enemy territory to fight for Gwen's freedom.

Merlin suspects that Arthur's devotion to Gwen is more than just that of a prince to one of his subjects. But how will Arthur react when he finds that Gwen is not alone in Hengist's castle? She and Lancelot have found each other again, and powerful feelings have been rekindled...

Lancelot is played by Santiago Cabrera, Gwen by Angel Coulby, Arthur by Bradley James, Morgana by Katie McGrath, Hengist by James Cosmo, Uther Pendragon by Anthony Head and Merlin by Colin Morgan.
                      I feel conflicted by this. It feels a litte like their development is being rushed especially if Merlin is growing aware of how Arthur feels. I wish we had this towards the latter half of the series but I'm prepared to see the context before judging too harshly. My squee us battling with my worry.

Comment

Flails over EP4 OD. "Powerful feelings have rekindled?" Waaaahhh. Okay Arthur, step up to the plate or she's gone. I know, however, in my heart of hearts, that it'll go back to "brewing in the background" only because Lancelot won't go to Camelot and she won't leave Morgana. This is not what I want but it's my expectation.

Still... I'm holding onto the shot of Arthur and Gwen on horseback with Merlin on foot walking towards Camelot. Please please please... give us a nice coda show!

Comment

Flails over EP4 OD. "Powerful feelings have rekindled?" Waaaahhh. Okay Arthur, step up to the plate or she's gone. I know, however, in my heart of hearts, that it'll go back to "brewing in the background" only because Lancelot won't go to Camelot and she won't leave Morgana. This is not what I want but it's my expectation.

Still... I'm holding onto the shot of Arthur and Gwen on horseback with Merlin on foot walking towards Camelot. Please please please... give us a nice coda show!
                          That threw me. I was all "REALLY?". That powerful? From his end maybe. I'm not sure I would say the same for Gwen.

The horseback scene does hold a lot of promise.

Comment

Dustmite, we thought you were MIA! *hugs*

I raced over here as soon as I saw that episode discussion, and Vindella should be happy, there is the promise of some pretty good Glance in there as well.

Love Arthur going off to rescue Guinevere. I know I should be all pro-women and wanting her to save herself, but I still get giggly at two VERY handsome and gallant lads racing off to save the woman they care about. I'm weak, I'm sorry!

I'm awaiting Arthur's speech to his father, I'm sure it will entail something about Gwen putting her life on the line for Morgana, and that should make her worthy of saving.

Gwen was a little bit smitten with Lancelot the last time, and he was VERY smitten with her, so we'll see what happens here. I'm sure she does like him though, I would. I like Arthur better though, and of course I'm pulling for him in the end, but some jealousy shenanigans with Lance/Arthur should be fun. Though typically a fan of that, there is something about this little triangle that makes me excited.

I thought that was Lancelot walking with them.

He's wearing chainmail and is really tall and has short but fluffy dark hair. Lance got a haircut this series. Then he's standing next to Guinevere and not Arthur. So I thought it was him, but it could be Merlin I guess. Hard to tell from a blurry back shot.

Ya know, all these spoilers and the gifs of the looks between Arthur and Gwen, and the whole thing coming across as Arthur being the one to fall first, makes me think of an old song from my middle-school days.

"Would you look at her, she looks at me.
                            She's got me thinking about her constantly.
                            But she doesn't know how I feel.
                            She carries on without a doubt.
                            I wonder if she'll figure out . . . I'm crazy for this girl
                            ."
                            Last edited by LovelyLoisLane; 09-24-2009, 03:56 PM.

Comment

He's wearing chainmail and is really tall and has short but fluffy dark hair. Lance got a haircut this series. Then he's standing next to Guinevere and not Arthur. So I thought it was him, but it could be Merlin I guess. Hard to tell from a blurry back shot.
                              I wondered that too but there is at least one other trailer shot with Merlin in chainmail and it wouldn't surprise me if Arthur, when he's "storming the castle" takes Merlin in with him. The thing, however, that made me say "Merlin" was the way he walked in the video. Further, I don't think Lancelot is going to move back to Camelot -- so I expect him to be off on his way by this time. (am I spending waaaayy too much time analyzing this????)

Comment

Further, I don't think Lancelot is going to move back to Camelot -- so I expect him to be off on his way by this time. (am I spending waaaayy too much time analyzing this????)
                                Me either, but I don't think he'd mind walking 'The Lady' back home.

Like I said though, it is hard to tell from a blurry back-shot.

And yes, we BOTH are analyzing everything down to its barest bit, but its great fun.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎