No announcement yet.

Arwen Spoiler Thread

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by amandatay
    Awesome, I always love Arwen when I first watch it in London. I love both of them but also love Merlin. Thanks for the picture...
    Yay! Another Merlin fan. I love all the characters. It's very refreshing.

Comment

I wanna know how Arthur will marry Gwen if she isn't og royal descent. Unless her mother returns and tells her of her lineage. That and I was hoping Morgana and Merlin start fliritng more. Seems as though Merlin will never have anyone.

Comment

Spoilers have suggested that Merlin WILL have a love interest this season. I don't know who though. I was rather hoping for Morgana/Merlin myself. It just makes sense to me.

I think as far as Arwen goes, most of us feel like he'll defy the rules of court to marry her because he is so (becomes so) in love with her. Which is pretty romantic, but then also I don't think anyone has ever said that Guinevere is NOT secretly of noble blood. We haven't heard her family name yet, so maybe it is indeed Leodegranz, like from the other legends and a long lost noble of her extended family will come along to claim her later on.

I think about that, because it was mentioned once by the TPTB that Arthur's frequent storyline of growing up common before he was noble was given to Gwen. However if it was given to Gwen in its basic entirety, then there IS the possibility that she, like Arthur was in other legends, will later be revealed to be noble. Added to that, Angel Coulby made a mention of putting 'noble nods' into the character, in the way she moved/carried herself and what not, in addition to the TPTB and other cast talking about Guinevere's 'inner nobility of heart' Though that I think is more that she is like the Lancelot on the show, noble of heart if not of blood.

However the possibility is still out there I think, and it also wouldn't negate Arthur falling in love with her. As for her mother, they've never said, but I was pretty sure her mother is dead. That also doesn't negate the possibility of an aunt/uncle out there somewhere that she doesn't know about.

Comment

Great post Val. I was wondering myself, if they would later on reveal Gwen being of noble blood. To me it's almost as if they've been hinting at it already, what with her "Queenly" moments that have popped up, especially in the latter part of this past series. I realize that could just be a testament to Gwen's character but, still it's a possibility.

Angel's quote about "noble nods" seems to reiterate this too. I can also see many times how Gwen carries herself with a bit of a regal posture.

Bear with me here, but I compare it, albeit loosely, to Jane Eyre. She was basically an orphan, yet later on here comes this uncle who had tried to reach her and who had come into some money, and Jane later become a woman of some fortune and wasn't really the common woman she had always thought.

ETA: I can see Arthur falling for her despite the court rules, I agree with that as well. That is where I am wondering if the "oh she's really noble after all" will come in.

Thus I think your theory there is very very plausible.

----- Added 11 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by kyra04

Gosh, I looove this picture

It isn't september yet!!!!!!!!!!! can't wait to see jealous arthur and the lovely gwen!!!!! serie 2 looks like already awesome!!!!
          That is a great pic, wow, I love how Arthur and Gwen look there, the way her head is bent to him.
          Last edited by WickedJenn; 08-29-2009, 06:49 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Wouldn't that be lovely if Arthur fell in love with her BEFORE he knew she was noble, and was in a misery because he could never be with a commoner, and then WHAM? But then complications would surely ensue anyway, like maybe her family would want to take her away from Camelot and have her married off quickly to avoid news of her 'scandalous' time spent in skullery ruining the family's chances of using her to secure further holdings with a good match.

So wether she remains common or is indeed of noble blood, this is by far one of the more interesting setups for the marriage of the High King and the High Queen that I've ever experienced and I'm so excited! Even for something as seemingly miniscule as eye contact. I almost fainted when I read those spoilers concerning jealousy with Lancelot vs Arthur. Normally I don't like that sort of thing, but I can see myself liking this.

Comment

There was an advanced screening aired today and they also showed a preview. There's an Arwen kiss peeps. A kiss. I'm not sure how to feel but I hope it's toeards the end of the series.

BUT THEY KISS!!!

Comment

I want to see this preview, don't you? Aww man, this stinks!

Oh well, at least we have the spoiler.

Is it like a 'kiss' kiss or like one on the cheek or hand?

I think a 'kiss' kiss would be too soon if it was early on in S2, so yeah, towards the end of S2 would be better. I don't think it'd be before Lancelot shows up, because of what Angel said in her SFX interview.

Originally posted by LovelyLoisLane

Angel Coulby:

So there's a bit of a clash between those two [Lancelot and Arthur] but it's hidden because Arthur and I haven't necessarily expressed our true feelings for each other."
                So I don't think they will have kissed before that.

Comment

Is it like a 'kiss' kiss or like one on the cheek or hand?
                  Reported to be a kiss on the lips.

Comment

Originally posted by SVFancross
                    Reported to be a kiss on the lips.
                    Wow love to see it, I am feeling very excited for season 2. Thank you for sharing.

Comment

apparently, one cute arwen scene in the first epi of serie 2.
                      Gwen saves Arthur from a gargoyle and she falls on top of him, and then an awkward and cute moment between them (awwwwww)

I don't know what to think with the kiss but well, Gwen kiss easily everyone,lol!!!!
                      and in the preview, arthur is saying to merlin about gwen ""We can never be together!", perhaps, it's the epi with lancelot and jealous arthur *sigh*

I sooooo want to see the preview *pout*

Comment

Gwen saves Arthur from a gargoyle and she falls on top of him, and then an awkward and cute moment between them (awwwwww)

I don't know what to think with the kiss but well, Gwen kiss easily everyone,lol!!!!
                        and in the preview, arthur is saying to merlin about gwen ""We can never be together!", perhaps, it's the epi with lancelot and jealous arthur *sigh*

Thanks for your info, can't wait for it to air. Oo... I really getting so hyper excited pls if someone have the preview pls put up on youtube.

Comment

Oh my goodness! I'm trying not to drool on myself at the thought, because that is very unattractive.

How cute! I think from the finale of S1 that Arthur had already started to like Gwen a bit, with that sigh and smile at the end when she left the room.

And of course Gwen is so sweet and shy. I would TOTALLY buy some cute awkwardness between them. Leaving Merlin all perplexed. "What is this?! Arthur can actually be sweet to someone?!"

I bet that 'never be together' line comes after Merlin is teasing him, and Arthur is his usual prattish self, crying off about not being jealous, but then he sighs and says something like "What does it matter? We can never be together, anyway."

The Saturday after next and it'll be airing in 'England' so soon and yet . . . so far away.

Comment

So, I saw it and Oh My!

He looks to be heading off to battle and he gazes back at Gwen, who is in turn gazing at him, and then later they are standing in a sunlit corridor and there is the kiss. Very gentle and slow, and Arthur looks to be the one doing the leaning.

I shrieked in joy, like out loud and everything! I need some air!

Comment

Originally posted by LovelyLoisLane
                              So, I saw it and Oh My!

He looks to be heading off to battle and he gazes back at Gwen, who is in turn gazing at him, and then later they are standing in a sunlit corridor and there is the kiss. Very gentle and slow, and Arthur looks to be the one doing the leaning.

I shrieked in joy, like out loud and everything! I need some air!
                              I spent most of last night flailing and squeeing with other Arwen fans on the 'net. Not much sleep was had but I don't even care because I am so happy.

Comment

Originally posted by Dustmite
                                I spent most of last night flailing and squeeing with other Arwen fans on the 'net. Not much sleep was had but I don't even care because I am so happy.
                                I know how you feel, I have been watching that scene where Arthur look back at her and the kiss at least a 100th time. My little cousin was laughing at me saying I was crazy. I have been staying up until 5am just to read all the Arwen fanfic and vids. I am so exited for season 2, why can't 19th be today.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎