Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Justice League: Crisis on Two Earths (Possible Spoilers)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Justice League: Crisis on Two Earths (Possible Spoilers)

Revealed as the next original animated movie from DC on the back of the Superman/Batman:Public Enemies cover. Initial speculation says this is a crossover between the Earth 2 Justice society and the Earth 1 Justice League. Perhaps this could set the stage for Crisis on Infinite Earths.

source

curiouser and curiouser. I wonder who would voice Earth-Two Kal; would Batman be dead already?

Blu-ray also has bonus stuff about Blackest Night. I may need to get a BR player just for this

Comment

I'm worried - WB seems to be increasingly recycling more and more bonus features.

As for Crisis on Two Earths, I can't help but wonder if they're trying to simplify the Crisis on Infinite Earths to just span two Earths. Otherwise, I don't see the big deal about one movie dealing with only two Earths. Plus, it's being written by Dwayne McDuffie - who in his defense did write several good episodes of Justice League Unimited - has also contributed to The Batman, Superman: Brainiac Attacks!, and Superman: Doomsday.

Take that for what you will.

Comment

Originally posted by j03superbat
        I'm worried - WB seems to be increasingly recycling more and more bonus features.

As for Crisis on Two Earths, I can't help but wonder if they're trying to simplify the Crisis on Infinite Earths to just span two Earths. Otherwise, I don't see the big deal about one movie dealing with only two Earths. Plus, it's being written by Dwayne McDuffie - who in his defense did write several good episodes of Justice League Unimited - has also contributed to The Batman, Superman: Brainiac Attacks!, and Superman: Doomsday.

there's no way they'd ever try to oversimplify COIE, not if they work for DC they wouldn't.

But if they play it like this is the first time the League has ever even heard of parallel universes then their shock and surprise in and of itself would be worth watching IMO. Not to mention, this would be the first time the proper Golden Age JSA would be shown on film, and you have to appreciate the importance of that!

Comment

I'll wait until I hear more, but I'm all for the JSA making a splash.

Comment

Originally posted by j03superbat

Crisis on Two Earths might actually refer to a storyline from the 60's; "Crisis on Earth One" and "Crisis on Earth Two" (just too simplify, they've renamed the story "Crisis on Two Earths"). It was the first story in which the JLA and JSA met as teams. In the story, the two teams team up in order to battle Chronos, Dr. Alchemy, Felix Faust, the Fiddler, the Icicle, and the Wizard. Hopefully, it's followed by a JSA movie.

Comment

My train of thought is that Warner Premier are setting up the idea of parallel universes and timelines to build to COIE.It then removes a lot of exposition if they were to do COIE and they could get to the story. then in a COIE animated movie they could do the birth of the multiverse before the credits

I confess I haven't read any of the 'Crisis on multiple Earths' material but I understand it starts in Flash 123. all I remember of their first crossover is the cover which I'll bet will be the cover of the DVD

Last edited by Estro-gen X; 08-12-2009, 03:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jon-el87
                Crisis on Two Earths might actually refer to a storyline from the 60's; "Crisis on Earth One" and "Crisis on Earth Two" (just too simplify, they've renamed the story "Crisis on Two Earths"). It was the first story in which the JLA and JSA met as teams. In the story, the two teams team up in order to battle Chronos, Dr. Alchemy, Felix Faust, the Fiddler, the Icicle, and the Wizard. Hopefully, it's followed by a JSA movie.
                Yeah, but that story wasn't very... movie-like. I suppose they'll end up doing a lot of embellishing.

To me, if they're just going to do CoTE, it sounds like an episode of Justice League (basically Legends but with the REAL Justice Society). In fact, there was a DTV movie planned to bridge JL and JLU called Worlds Collide. It would have been about the Justice League meeting the Crime Syndicate - and was also written by Dwayne McDuffie.

I would kinda' rather see that movie.
                Last edited by j03superbat; 08-12-2009, 07:28 AM.

Comment

Justice League: Crisis On Two Earths - Next Animated Movie

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/42363
                  Warner Home Video will distribute in Spring 2010 (finalizing date soon)
                  An original story from award-winning animation/comics writer Dwayne
                  McDuffie (Justice League) rooted in DC Comics’ popular canon of
                  “Crisis” stories.
                  Bruce Timm (Superman Doomsday, Green Lantern) is executive producer.
                  Lauren Montgomery (Wonder Woman, Green Lantern) and Sam Liu
                  (Superman/Batman: Public Enemies) are co-directors.
                  In Justice League: Crisis on Two Earths, a “good” Lex Luthor arrives
                  from an alternate universe to recruit the Justice League to help save
                  his Earth from the Crime Syndicate, a gang of villainous characters
                  with virtually identical super powers to the Justice League. What
                  ensues is the ultimate battle of good versus evil in a war that
                  threatens both planets and, through a diabolical plan launched by
                  Owlman, puts the balance of all existence in peril.
                  All-star voice cast led by Mark Harmon (NCIS) as Superman, James Woods
                  (Ghosts of Mississippi) as Owlman, Chris Noth (Sex and the City, Law &
                  Order) as Lex Luthor, William Baldwin (Dirty Sexy Money) as Batman,
                  Gina Torres (Serenity, Firefly) as Super Woman and Bruce Davison
                  (X-Men) as the President.

Comment

Hot stuff, but I hope I'm not left quoting my own review of Superman: Doomsday.

"They already did this, and did it better, in Justice League."

Comment

I like the pictures. I see they're using the post-Brave New World costume for Martian Manhunter. Interesting. Though I liked the costume in GL:FF, so a part of me is sad to see those ridiculous white gloves back on GL. I would think it's to keep the character classic, though, so props for that.

I suspected earlier that this might have been the film that was supposed to bridge Justice League Starcrossed with Justice League Unlimited, set in the DCAU continuity. It sounds like that film isn't going to happen anymore, and they modified it into this.

Maybe after this, a Crisis On Infinite Earths film will be put into the works?

Comment

From what I've seen the animation looks fantastic and I'm looking forward to this! I guess there's no chance of getting any of the other voice actors from the Justice League Unlimited?

Comment

The only member of the cast that interests me is Chris Noth as Lex

Apparently, they're going to use the Anti-Matter Earth-2 versions, good news!

have they shown any of the animation?

Comment

Originally posted by dru-zod2501
                            have they shown any of the animation?
                            The link in the first post shows stills from the film. One is of Owlman, the other is of Lex Luthor leading the Justice League.

Comment

I like that Superman. Not a fan of Flash's eyes and the GL looks like Robin.

I enjoy the Timm-verse art style, but if they are going to stick so closely to it all the time, why not just keep it consistent? Why do these very basic variations at all? If you're going to change it up, go all the way and give us something that looks really different.

Of course, in the end, the story is really all that counts anyway.
                              Last edited by Backward Galaxy; 09-16-2009, 08:44 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎