No announcement yet.

What's the Worst Episode of Season 8?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's the Worst Episode of Season 8?

I've seen a similar thread in another season, so I thought I'd post one here, and ask you the following question: what do you think is the worst episode of Season 8, now that we've watched it in its entirety and had a couple of months to mull it over? Try not to make a snap judgment and immediately say "DOOMSDAY!" (even though a lot of you might want to, LOL), but really ponder the whole list and post your least favorite, or you can put a couple if it's a tie. You can list runners-up as well if you so desire.

--SGuthrie ><>' --

Power - worst epsiode on the series and that's saying alot considering how much I despise Promise. Really dumb storyline trying to pass of Lana as some wonderful Superhero and be serious about it. The worst part is nobody called her out on how incredibly stupid she was for doing what she did.

If the producers wanted to give Lana a power maybe they should have revealed she was a meteor freak who has the power to make everybody in a 100 foot radius attracted to her and find her irrestible and do stupid stuff in her presence. At least then it would have made many of the storylines on this show make sense.

What's really sad is the producers tried passing her off as some noble person who now felt she was an "equal" to Clark Kent but the whole idea that she needed a super powered suit to be that equal sends out a completely wrong message.

I honestly would love to get a peak into the producers/writers heads when they came up with this "wonderful" idea how to give Lana a "heroic" sendoff and think it was a good storyline to show us how great Lana was.

Requiem - while not as bad as power(assuming you ignore the complete idiocy behind SuperLana), you think the writers could find a way to let both Clark and Lana be somewhat happy as they both part there seperate ways and give Lana a good fun send off. Nope, this is Smallville where everything has to be tragic and depressing, and that's how they broke up Clana.

Eternal - not a bad episode if you ignore the other 173 episodes of the series, but this episode is a complete retcon trainwreck that makes no sense trying to tie Davis to the Smallville mythology
    Last edited by Supsfan; 08-01-2009, 01:00 AM.

Comment

Stiletto.

Comment

Its a toss up for me between Power and Doomsday.

Power is right up there for me with the horrors of Craving, Ageless and Thirst. It was just plain awful. They completely retconned why Lana left Clark, i could accept that she left him so he could become the man he is meant to be; but it turns out she did it because she was forced to? -rolls eyes-
        And please. The suit. No.

Doomsday. Urgh. Jimmy. I'm still so very VERY sore about that to be honest. The fight was a let down. Lois vanished 15 minutes in and wasn't spoken about until the last 5 minutes. The Zod cliffhanger wasn't exactly fabulous as we all knew from the preview that he was coming.
        Although, with the spoilers for season9 so far... i think it MAY be okay, they may be able to amend the mistakes they made.

Comment

(Listed in order of appearance)

Hated Episodes:
          Power
          Eternal

Disliked Episodes:
          Requiem
          Beast

Neutral Episodes:
          Prey
          Abyss
          Turbulence
          Injustice
          Doomsday

Liked Episodes:
          Toxic
          Instinct
          Committed
          Legion
          Bulletproof

Loved Episodes:
          Odyssey
          Plastique
          Identity
          Bloodline
          Bride
          Infamous
          Hex
          Stiletto

Out of the hated ones, I despise Power a lot more than I despise Eternal, though they are equally retconned and over-the-top. So Power took the cake as worst episode for me.

Comment

Beast. That's probably the only SV episode that I will never watch again.

Comment

Hmm... I liked the way LovelyLoisLane did her list, so I think I'll try that method myself:

Hated Episodes:
              Prey
              Requiem
              Power

Disliked Episodes:
              Instinct
              Injustice

Neutral Episodes:
              Committed
              Eternal
              Beast
              Doomsday

Liked Episodes:
              Toxic
              Turbulence
              Bloodline
              Bulletproof
              Plastique

Loved Episodes:
              Hex
              Abyss
              Stiletto
              Bride
              Identity
              Infamous
              Odyssey

"Prey" was just far too dark for me -- it was like an inky blot in the midst of an incredible run in the first half of this season of Smallville. I just didn't dig it... sorry, folks. "Power" was lame, for all the reasons that were already listed by other folks. The Lana-Power-Suit storyline was incredibly dumb, and the retcon of why Lana left seems out of left field. "Requiem," while not quite as horrible, had the awful bed-breaking scene, Lana's forced break-up with Clark (again, though this time because she's chock full o' kryptonite), and Oliver becoming a killer (sort of). That's why those episodes rank lowest on my list.

--SGuthrie ><>' --

Comment

Power by a big margin, then its basically a three-way tossup between Toxic, Beast and Requiem. The latter almost works for me but they ruined it by having Clark go after Lex near the end rather than Lana, which would have made a lot more sense from a character POV and would have raised the stakes of the situation considerably since Clark would have had no way to physically stop Lana. But instead, the writers turned around the situation and assassinated Clark's character to prop up Lana.

I really don't know where to put in Eternal because of all the retcons - they just completely throw me out of the episode and I've absolutely had to forget about the idea that Lionel knew that much on the day of the meteor shower in order to enjoy rewatching the earlier seasons.

Comment

Power! IMO, worst episode of the series.

Oh, Triple L, I loved how you structured that list.

Comment

infamous or committed both episodes were shockingly bad, but infamous made clark kent look like an idiot.

Comment

Toxic, Infamous, committed, & Stiletto pierce me like rusty knives
                      Last edited by dru-zod2501; 08-05-2009, 05:14 PM.

Comment

Justin, while I don't think "Infamous" was a bad episode, it did have several extremely cringe-worthy moments, like, "Wha?! He didn't have three more seconds to wait and hear that Davis is Doomsday?" and "Huh?! You left the Legion ring in your TOOL BOX and then DESTROYED IT AFTER ONE USE?!?"

--SGuthrie ><>' --

Comment

Originally posted by SGuthrie27
                          Justin, while I don't think "Infamous" was a bad episode, it did have several extremely cringe-worthy moments, like, "Wha?! He didn't have three more seconds to wait and hear that Davis is Doomsday?" and "Huh?! You left the Legion ring in your TOOL BOX and then DESTROYED IT AFTER ONE USE?!?"

--SGuthrie ><>' --
                          thats one of the big reasons i loathe infamous it made clark look like a complete idiot he knows the consequences of time travel and he then deciding to tell the world his secret how dumb could they possibly write his character. This episode just left a nasty taste in my mouth.

Comment

Power, no doubt for me, is winning worst episode of the series. I think it's worse than Ageless-Thirst-Static-Sleeper. Those episodes were silly/ boring, but at least, they were harmless.
                            I hate Promise, but at least, there are some good scenes in it.
                            For me, Smallville jumped the shark with Power. That episode didn't need anyone or anything related to Smallville because it was a one-woman show. Clark was a nice-to-have as he was there to serve Lana as side-kick, trophy, and also to validate Lana's actions. This is the episode that put many Clark fans in distress.
                            Last edited by petitemimi; 08-05-2009, 08:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by petitemimi
                              Power, no doubt for me, is winning worst episode of the series. I think it's worse than Ageless-Thirst-Static-Sleeper. Those episodes were silly/ boring, but at least, they were harmless.
                              I hate Promise, but at least, there are some good scenes in it.
                              For me, Smallville jumped the shark with Power. That episode didn't need anyone or anything related to Smallville because it was a one-woman show. Clark was a nice-to-have as he was there to serve Lana as side-kick, trophy, and also to validate Lana's actions. This is the episode that put many Clark fans in distress.
                              no offense but smallville jumped way before power like in s4 territory but to each their own, i really didnt hate power as a lot of people do it was lame plot but it wasn't truly terrible.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎