No announcement yet.

Serenity/Firefly

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Serenity/Firefly

If Firefly had been greenlit for another season, what would you have like to have seen happen?

River who seemed almost insane in season one, should go through a healing process that restores her mind to clarity. That clarity would give her control over her powers of super-intelligence and clarvoyance and make her an indispensible asset to the team.

Comment

It's a hard question to answer if you mean in a fantasy world were Firefly started shooting again today If you take Serenity as the true season 1 Finale, then you would have to tell bigger stories maybe the start of a revilution aginst the Alied Planets. You could have brought in other "gifted" childern at the acadimy as either villians or reccuring charcters there is also the Blue Sun Corporation that Joss said he had plans for.

Now mean if a second season was greenlight back when the original series was cancelled then I guess we would have still gotten a lot of what was in Serenity an explanation of Rivers condition, and powers, What are the Revers ect. Also I think ther is a back story for Shepard Book that needs telling. We might have gotten to see more of the Blue Hands as well.

Comment

Yeah the Shepherd Book story wasnt really told, even in Serenity. If Firefly was picked up for a second season, my dream script would pick up from where season 1 left off (and would totally ignore Serenity lol). Serenity did go a long ways to explaing the story of River but, even with that there are still a whole lot of unanswered questions and mysteries so, ignoring the movie (because I so would love to see Wash return) would put us back in time & have the whole story ready for the telling

Comment

I would have liked to see more like you guys have said about River. I would also liked to learn about the war that Mal and Zoe were involved in. The main thing I would like to see though is the episodes in order (I will never, never forgive FOX).

Comment

Like it was already said, it would be different if Serenity wasn't a "finale". Had it not been canceled, I would have liked to have seen a lot more clues into Shepherd Book's past and his ties with the Alliance. He was the most interesting character on that show and it was a shame he was put to rest.
            Then maybe discovering Miranda in season 2 and introduce a new antagonist that would be Mal's equal (kind of like an old buddy in the line of Lando Calrissian to Han Solo)

Comment

I wouldn't be surprised if we would have got more episodes involving flashbacks or people popping up from each characters past if it had continued. I think it goes without saying that some of the events in Serenity would not have happened, at least not that soon if the show had not been canceled. Although I did read that it used some ideas they had for Season 2.

I thought the whole revelation about the Revers was really cool. Do you think that would have been in Season 2 or do you think they would have waited until later to tell that story?

The Shepherd's story was sort of untold, yeah. Like his ability to get them medical attention from the Alliance early on. Why was he able to do that? What other secrets was he keeping? etc.

Comment

From what I remember Joss saying, Miranda was going to be discovered at the end of season 2, then it would have progressed from there. We most likely would have seen more hints of them, but I doubt we would have found out the truth until season 3. Then season 4 could have been them not lying down anymore or staying off the radar and getting to the core to let everyone know what happened.

Comment

If you find Miranda then you find the truth about the Reevers. I think the hints would have been scattered in the end of season 1 and the lead up in season 2. Season 3 would most likely been the fall out from sharing that truth.

Comment

I don't know. I could see them spending a lot of time on Miranda and maybe not finding out the truth behind it (i.e. the hologram message) until much later. In Serenity they just had to compress it into about 6 minutes of film. Or they could find out the truth in a season 3 mid-season cliffhanger and the rest of three being the fallout

Comment

I agree that the show would probably have to devote a season to fall out the creew being the most wanted people in the verse that kind of thing but event if they spent 3 full shows on Miranda the would find out the truth before they left the planet.

I really think that they could do more of a build up before they actually find the planet, delay telling us what Miranda is or were it is to draw out the suspense.

Comment

I would have them get stranded on Miranda when they get there (shot down by a reaver ship or something), then spend a lot of the season with them fixing it / running from the reavers and subtly discovering clues along the way to what really happened there. Maybe not getting to the central city until a few episodes in.

Not sure if I would leave Book with the crew...maybe he could have a separate story arc where we learn more about his past.

Comment

I am not sure what I would have liked to see. It was a fascinating show and I don't know what Joss was planning.

Comment

is there going to be any more serenity graphic novels released? (Ive got Those Left Behind and Better Days)

has anyone out there heard some news or rumers something?

Comment

very interesting topic.

I also remember Joss saying it would have taken two seasons to get to the point where Serenity ended. I certainly dont believe it would have worked out the same way. For example I dont think he would have sacrificed two major characters. While he does have a rep as a character slayer the show lent itself to a large ensemble cast while movies did not. I agree that the back stories of Book, Inara and the war would have been delved in more detail and that all those hints were just fore shadowing. There was also the two crew romances to explore (Mal/Inara and Simon/Kaylee)

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎