No announcement yet.

Did Davis Actually Fancy Chloe...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

True love.

Even Brainiac saw it "The naive human attraction to the human I chose to inhabit" meaning that

(1) there was attraction
    (2) Brainiac could never understand emotions.

Comment

If he really loved her he would have let her go and not tried to be with her when he was an unstable killing machine. He would have put her happiness and her safety before what he wanted and wouldn't have spent time trying to break up her marriage. Period.

Comment

I would like to see Davis return to Smallville, maybe after getting a blood donation from Zod, and then have Chloe dump Oliver to be with Davis.

Comment

^^ Zod is the last person I would ever want around Davis. Sheesh, lol.

Comment

No he was the Monster,....he wanted easy prey.

Comment

He was obsessed and pinned all his hopes for normalcy on her.

Comment

Yeah, he fancied her. He loved her. Love cannot be programmed. It's intangible, yet something special
                Last edited by Zizi; 08-12-2010, 08:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Zizi
                  Yeah, he fancied her. He loved her. Love cannot be programmed. It's intangible, yet something special
                  Totally agree. Davis loved Chloe.

Comment

Even now, talking about this relationship makes me sad. Chloe and Davis had a wonderful friendship that developed into love and was completely ruined by the unbelieveable turn of events. I will never believe that Davis was the real monster.

Comment

^ I agree with the above. No pairing has ever affected me like that. Still hurts.

Comment

Originally posted by Zizi
                        Love cannot be programmed. It's intangible, yet something special
                        That's true but it's symptoms can be mimicked if one has direct access to someone's brain, by releasing high levels of phenylethylamine, dopamine, and norepinephrine every time that someone is around... well anything at all and doing it long enough they will believe they are "in love" with whatever is the trigger item/person.

Comment

If it was love, it was a very selfish love, because he always put his own feelings and well being above Chloe's.

He knew he was Doomsday, he knew he was immortal, but he was perfectly willing to let Chloe give up her whole life, her freinds, everyone she loved, for his own selfish reasons, because he wanted to use her to tame the monster inside him when murdering helpless ppl was no longer working.

Heck, he was calling her in an effort to stop her marriage, while he was covered with blood, trying to dispose of bloody bodies! What kind of love is that? What at that point made him believe he was better for her than Jimmy? But he didn't care abt that, he wanted her at all costs, whether it was good for her or not.

He didn't try even once to dissuade her from spending the rest of her life chained to his hip, unable to go more than 10 feet from him. What exactly was he planning to do abt the beast once Chloe was no longer there to control it (and I would love to ask Chloe the same question as well.)

Then, when he finally had a chance to show that he was a good, noble man, that he was willing to sacrifice himself for the world and the woman he "loved," by letting her resume her normal life unshackled to a monster, what did he do? He refused to go to the PZ, because he didn't want to live without CHloe, once again thinking of himself before her. Well, boo-fricking-hoo, if that's true love, then keep me it away from me.

What happened in Doomsday made perfect sense, because Davis wasn't seperate from DD, he was merely the outward human shell of the monster, and he already proved over and over that both sides of him were bad. It wasn't DD who filled that cornfield with bodies or killed Linda Lake, it was Davis, so yeah, he was never the good guy he's made out to be.

When Chloe led him on shamelessly and then confessed in front of him that it was only for Clark and that she still loved Jimmy, it made perfect sense that he would try to kill her and Jimmy rather than let her go. He had never put her feelings before his own, so why would he suddenly do a 180 and become so selfless, that he would give her up and let her be happy with someone else?

What exactly was it abt his previous interactions with Chloe that led anyone to believe that he would selflessly step aside for her sake and let her be happy with the man she loved?

IMO, Doomsday was an abysmal episode, one of the worst SV episodes ever, but Davis's role had nothing to do with it, that was the only part which actually made sense.
                          Last edited by humera; 08-22-2010, 02:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by humera
                            If it was love, it was a very selfish love, because he always put his own feelings and well being above Chloe's.

He knew he was Doomsday, he knew he was immortal, but he was perfectly willing to let Chloe give up her whole life, her freinds, everyone she loved, for his own selfish reasons, because he wanted to use her to tame the monster inside him when murdering helpless ppl was no longer working.

Heck, he was calling her in an effort to stop her marriage, while he was covered with blood, trying to dispose of bloody bodies! What kind of love is that? What at that point made him believe he was better for her than Jimmy? But he didn't care abt that, he wanted her at all costs, whether it was good for her or not.

He didn't try even once to dissuade her from spending the rest of her life chained to his hip, unable to go more than 10 feet from him. What exactly was he planning to do abt the beast once Chloe was no longer there to control it (and I would love to ask Chloe the same question as well.)

Then, when he finally had a chance to show that he was a good, noble man, that he was willing to sacrifice himself for the world and the woman he "loved," by letting her resume her normal life unshackled to a monster, what did he do? He refused to go to the PZ, because he didn't want to live without CHloe, once again thinking of himself before her. Well, boo-fricking-hoo, if that's true love, then keep me it away from me.

What happened in Doomsday made perfect sense, because Davis wasn't seperate from DD, he was merely the outward human shell of the monster, and he already proved over and over that both sides of him were bad. It wasn't DD who filled that cornfield with bodies or killed Linda Lake, it was Davis, so yeah, he was never the good guy he's made out to be.

When Chloe led him on shamelessly and then confessed in front of him that it was only for Clark and that she still loved Jimmy, it made perfect sense that he would try to kill her and Jimmy rather than let her go. He had never put her feelings before his own, so why would he suddenly do a 180 and become so selfless, that he would give her up and let her be happy with someone else?

What exactly was it abt his previous interactions with Chloe that led anyone to believe that he would selflessly step aside for her sake and let her be happy with the man she loved?

IMO, Doomsday was an abysmal episode, one of the worst SV episodes ever, but Davis's role had nothing to do with it, that was the only part which actually made sense.
                            Standing Ovation!

Comment

Originally posted by humera
                              Never once did Davis force Chloe to be with him. So I reject the claim that there was any coercion whatsover. Chloe was a grown woman and she could have gone to Clark right away and tell him the truth. But she did not. She CHOSE to hid him. Even after the dream, she still chose to save him.

I refuse to believe that Chloe was ever truly happy with Jimmy. If she really was then her eyes would not be roving over to the next contender or choosing others over him. If Jimmy never loved anyone else but Chloe he would have never being dropping her like a hot potato when the new girl in town arrives and treating Chloe like crap and insensitivity calling out "open season" on meteor freaks. He wouldn't be acting like the vindictive whiny snot that he is. If that is love then I want absolutely non of it.

I don't think wanting to tame a monster is selfish. Davis tried every single option available. People are saying oh why didn't he go to the Phantom Zone - well why did Chloe have to interrupt? She could have left Clark and Davis alone there to fight it out and see the end result. Chloe doesn't care for him? Well she has a heck of a way of showing that she doesn't. If she did not love him she would have come clean, from the beginning. If she never loved him then why couldn't she pull the lever - cold and smooth. No love, no emotion, no strings attached. But she did not. Even Clark saw the connection even when heIf she never even had once ounce of feelings for Davis, or goodwill then she wouldn't have even bothered. If Davis was the one who couldn't stay away, Chloe was the one who couldn't let go.

Davis was never calling her to stop her marriage.He told her that he would be waiting for her to come to him. But he was knee deep into a crappy situation that Doomsday, his parents, Brainiac and all others who wanted to take credit for the catastrophy that they put him in. I truly believed if Davis didn't have Doomsday to contend with, to constantly struggle with then he would have been happier and much more secure. Chloe was the only person you could turn to. You turn to the person you trust the most. He trusted her 100%

Davis's role in Doomsday made sense? Right. Yep I'm sure being flat out broke and squandering your money on drugs but yet still being rich enough to buy a penthouse makes sense. Running back to an abusive ex makes sense. Wait a minute, alot of women do that. Chloe said she thought she loved Davis. Who the heck "thinks" they love someone? Why conveniently the reason for shrugging off Davis's love for Chloe is the use of 'mimicking' chemical reactions, what reason does Chloe have of 'thinking' she loves Davis? Brainiac? The Brain Interactive Construct understanding the basics of human emotions. Davis wasn't the one who had Chloe attached to the hip, Jimmy had her on a leash - making it seem at least open for her to move on when he wanted nothing else to do with her. At least Davis was constant in his feelings for her. With Jimmy it was a constant yo-yo - back and forth - I accept you, I don't - I care for you, I don't, I want to be with you I don't. When I've seen Chloe over the years being constantly rejected, treated like a yo-yo, and then Davis who actually treats her like someone important, like an equal, no one looking down on the other then I say HECK YEAH.
                              Last edited by Zizi; 08-25-2010, 08:33 PM.

Comment

How interesting that all my valid points abt Davis were ignored and you resorted to abusing Jimmy to justify the dysfunctionality of the CHlavis relationship.

Choe was the abusive one in the Chimmy relationship, she led Jimmy on and used him as a backup for Clark and then kept him hanging around while she flirted with David. She never gave him trust or respect or a reason for him to trust her. A perfectly good man was killed by a horrible ugly monster because CHloe was trying to play games and juggle with 3 men at the same time.

Then when she should have let him go and allowed him to get on with his life with a woman who would actually put him first in her life instead of third and last, she suckered the poor man in by accepting his marriage offer.

David was nothing but the twisted outer shell of Doomsday, there was never anything good abt him, and his "love" for CHloe was completely selfish.

Davis was never calling Chloe to stop her marriage? Did you miss all the phonecalls during Bride, when Davis kept calling CHloe to make her stop the wedding, while scrubbing blood off the ambulance doors and disposing of bloody body bags. SO he thought a murderer like him was better for CHloe than Jimmy.

WHo said CHloe didn't care abt David, ofcourse she cared abt the serial killer she knew had been filling a cornfield with bodies. Heck, despite knowing that Davis himself thought he was a murderer, she still supported him against her sick husband, who she had never been loyal to a single day in her life. She even hugged Davis after that while Jimmy was watching and then tasered Jimmy to save Davis.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎