No announcement yet.

Did Davis Actually Fancy Chloe...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did Davis Actually Fancy Chloe...

...or was it simply the Doomsday cells inside him responding to Brainiac in her? He says several times he's never felt this way before, and can hardly understand it...but he feels this overwhelming magnetism.

Was it love at first sight - or just something more sinister?

It's in Brainiac's programming to help Doomsday evolve (hence Brainiac kidnaps Davis and puts him in that chrysalis in the Fortress of Solitude.) Surely it's not too far-fetched to assume that (as his only mission is to evolve and destroy) Doomsday, as programmed by Zod, is drawn to Brainiac for this very reason.

Doesn't he say at one point: "I feel like you were sent to me"??

Your thoughts?
    Last edited by boxingglovearrow; 07-17-2009, 09:31 AM.

Originally posted by boxingglovearrow
    ...or was it simply the Doomsday cells inside him responding to Brainiac in her? He says several times he's never felt this way before, and can hardly understand it...but he feels this overwhelming magnetism.

Was it love at first sight - or just something more sinister?

It's in Brainiac's programming to help Doomsday evolve (hence Brainiac kidnaps Davis and puts him in that chrysalis in the Fortress of Solitude.) Surely it's not too far-fetched to assume that (as his only mission is to evolve and destroy) Doomsday, as programmed by Zod, is drawn to Brainiac for this very reason.

Doesn't he say at one point: "I feel like you were sent to me"??

Your thoughts?
    Except he loves Chloe AFTER Brainiac is out of her. I'm convinced the love was real which Brainiac underestimated because he can't create love. Anyway, Sam Witwer has said in interviews that Davis' feelings are real and he loves her. I might go into more detail later.

Comment

^^^What she said.

IF it was only programming, then WHY did he profess his love for her AFTER Brainiac was gone? Why he say, "A world without Chloe . . . You BETTER have a plan B because I'm NOT going to lose her," in Beast (again AFTER Brainiac was gone)?

I think it's safe to say Davis was madly in love with Chloe and the "programming" had nothing to do with it. Sure, it was the programming which brought them together, but it was sheer love and attraction that caused him to fall in love with her.

Comment

^^^ What she said

They had something real, and powerful, and dangerous... and SEXY!!!

If they'd been given the chance to grow and build on it, it could've been something incredible maybe even enough to supplant Chlark
        Last edited by dru-zod2501; 07-17-2009, 10:09 AM.

Comment

Real, powerful, dangerous, and SEXY!

It was something incredible, but then they had to crap on it like they do most everything else and ruin it completely.

IDIOTS!

Comment

Yep, Davis love for Chloe was real. His love for her was so strong it made him feel more human and stopped Doomsday from taking over.

Davis love for Chloe contiued to bloom even after Brainiac was out of Chloe. So his love for her was very real. To me it's simular to Cylons they may have been created for a purpose but they were made with feelings and their feelings are just as real and prevelent as humans.

Comment

The cylons are a perfect comparison. Davis' feelings were real. No doubt in my mind. In fact, I have never seen a character on this show in love with anyone as much as Davis Bloome was in love with Chloe Sullivan. Oh, and I do not take into account that false piece of crap scene in Failsday.

----- Added 34 Seconds later -----

Originally posted by AChloeChick
              Real, powerful, dangerous, and SEXY!

It was something incredible, but then they had to crap on it like they do most everything else and ruin it completely.

IDIOTS!
              Yes, totally sexy! And total IDIOTS!
              Last edited by Autumn; 07-17-2009, 10:41 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by Autumn
                The cylons are a perfect comparison. Davis' feelings were real. No doubt in my mind. In fact, I have never seen a character on this show in love with anyone as much as Davis Bloome was in love with Chloe Sullivan. Oh, and I do not take into account that false piece of crap scene in Failsday.
                So true. Davis love for Chloe was the most distinct there was no second guessing or anything. I bet Chloe had no doubt that Davis loved her.

Comment

Yeah, I'm sure Chloe wasn't confused about Davis' feelings one bit! SO refreshing. I love direct guys.

Comment

Originally posted by Autumn
                    Yeah, I'm sure Chloe wasn't confused about Davis' feelings one bit! SO refreshing. I love direct guys.
                    Yep! Direct guys are the best! Especially if their direct but yet conciderate like Davis.

Comment

Originally posted by dru-zod2501
                      ^^^ What she said

They had something real, and powerful, and dangerous... and SEXY!!!

If they'd been given the chance to grow and build on it, it could've been something incredible maybe even enough to supplant Chlark
                      It might have supplant Chlark, it's true, and this is coming from me, a Chlark and a Chlavis fan also?

They were afraid that the Chlavis relationship will get MORE attention than others they were trying hard to build. It was a real potencial relationship, and they lost it.

As MR said: THESE GUYS HAVE NO BRAINS!

Comment

He really did love her. Even after Brainiac was removed, he still fancied her. So, yes, it was true love...

Comment

Originally posted by A_Chloe.S._Fan
                          He really did love her. Even after Brainiac was removed, he still fancied her. So, yes, it was true love...
                          I COMPLETELY Agree. Apparently so do the writers. Kelly Souders said Chloe and Davis were in love, so....don't quite get the crap ending.

Comment

He loved her for real. I still don't believe he would have killed her. He wouldn't hurt Jimmy in Beast because he knew how much Chloe cared for him. I re watched The episode this Friday, and there was not one moment where I saw the character being smug, unless you include the joke line about the monster getting the girl. He couldn't believe Chloe would go with him and leave Clark. He thought Clark would understand how he only wanted to be with Chloe so he could be happy. Clark told him they were not brother's rather bluntly, Davis looked hurt. Jimmy taunted Davis in the basement and he was trying not to become Doomsday so hard. In the end, I could see him killing himself, or maybe walking away with a broken heart, but not what happened. It's like they pulled that out of their rear's at the last moment.

Comment

They definitely pulled it out of their rear. Utter CRAP!! The real Davis would have never killed Jimmy and tried to kill Chloe.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎