4. Odyssey
      5. Bride
      6. Hex
      7. Legion
      8. Abyss
      9. Infamous
      10.Stiletto

Comment

Heres my top 10, there in no particular order really, as I cant really pick from these!

1. Committed
        2. Prey
        3. Identity
        4. Turbulence
        5. Bride
        6. Hex
        7. Stiletto
        8. Odyssey
        9. Instinct
        10 Plastique

Comment

1.Committed
          2.Bride
          3.Hex
          4.Toxic
          5.Odyssey
          6.Infamous
          7.Bloodline
          8.Legion
          I guess I don't really have top ten.

Comment

1. Identity
            2. Hex
            3. Committed
            4. Turbulence
            5. Instinct
            6. Legion
            7. Stiletto
            8. Bride
            9. Bloodline
            10. Plastique

Comment

The way that S8 was going up until Bride, I really thought it was going to be my third favorite season after S3 and S1. Unfortunately, the Lana arc happened and really knocked the season down a peg. Then to make things worse with Doomsday which was a pretty mediocre finale IMO. I would probably rank the season as follows - S3, S1, S2, and then S8.

My Top 10 :

1) Identity - One of my favorite episodes of the show. Definitely on my top ten. I was blown away by this episode. One of the only eps where I actually liked Jimmy too. Clark taking pride in the hope that the cape brought was amazing.

2) Legion - Great forshadowing of the mythos and dialogue. Overall a very enjoyable episode.

3) Eternal - I know that some people hated this episode. However, I loved it. I thought that they did a great job weaving Davis into the mythology of the show. It is a shame that it all went to hell by the end of the season.

4) Prey - Great episode. A lot of suspense.

5) Bloodline - The return of Kara along with Clois in the PZ. Also ED did a good job playing the posessed role.

6) Hex - A fun episode. Zatanna was played to perfection.

7) Plastique - Nice Clois moments and a cool FOTW B-Plot. I also loved seeing Clark save Tess from the bus.

8) Committed - A decent episode despite the fact that it the main storyline had to do with Chloe/Jimmy. What made the episode was hearing Lois admit that she loved Clark. One of my favorite Clois moments of the show.

9) Bride - An overrated episode. However, it has some outstanding Clois moments which made it enjoyable to me. I just hated how the episode opened with the wedding and the destruction. Took away a lot of suspense. I would have prefered opening with Davis starting to transform, and showing him more through out the episode leading up to the end. Then you show the wedding and Doomsday for the first time at the very end. I was also hoping that Clark would finally put an end to romantic Clana when he and Lana had the talk at the wedding. "Lana you will always be my first love, but all of this time has given me perspective and I have moved on. I have developed feelings for someone else." Lana asks "Lois?" Then before Clark can answer, Doomsday crashes the party.

10) Infamous - Another episode that was dissapointing to me. However, it did have a few really great Clois moments that made it watchable. It was too rushed and predictable IMO. I was rather dissapointed with not getting to see a sitdown interview. Instead Clark says "Lois we should talk about where I'm from" and then it just cuts to the newspaper article. An episode like this was designed to show the little details that fans want to see. That is where it fell short IMO.

Comment

I totally agree with you about "Identity," Ryan. I believe it was one of the highest points of the entire series. All the characters played their part in what happened perfectly. and you did make some good points about "Eternal." Perhaps I was a little hard on it... There were definitely things I liked about it, and I could buy some of the things they did to weave Davis into what had happened when Clark first arrived on Earth... You always make interesting points. I especially like the majority of what you said should've happened in "Bride." I think they spoiled that whole "Lana return" arc by including all the romantic nonsense that they did. It was time that the pair move on with their lives, and have that be a mutual decision that doesn't have to be forced by Lana being juiced up with Kryptonite.

--SGuthrie ><>' --

Comment

1. Identity: all around just an incredibly well-made episode. Everything was top-notch, especially the inter-cutting between Clark/Jimmy/Chloe/Oliver & Lois/Sebastian. Plus the entire last ten minutes with Jimmy finally getting recognized to Lois swearing to get the first interview to Chloe killing Sebastian just made this episode a winner.

2. Bride: I was on edge the entire episode after the teaser. Also: all the Clark/Lois moments, Clark giving Chloe the flower from their freshman spring formal, Oliver on the one-man crusade to kill Lex, Lana coming back and foiling Clark and Lois' love story, and Doomsday's attack. The final montage was brilliant and left me not able to wait for January!

3. Bloodline: how much fun was this episode? Clark & Lois getting thrown into the Phantom Zone together AND THEN finding Kara?! And how epic was Chloe's rescue? And Erica Durance really hit it out of the park portraying Faora. And the reveal that Davis was in fact Zod's son. Just an incredible eye-opener of an episode that really set the stage well for the rest of the season.

4. Prey: this was the first truly "dark" episode of season 8 and it kept me riveted. I loved the first attack in the tease, and loved Clark's super jump to the Ace of Clubs. John Jones' presence in an episode is always a plus, and I loved watching Davis' journey on screen. Also loved how it kept you guessing whether it actually was Doomsday killing people or was it? Over all a very well-done, suspenseful, dark episode.

5. Committed: Let's face it, who doesn't love Lois & Clark? From the drunken toast, to the teaming up to save Chloe and Jimmy, to the posing as fiances, to Lois' confession, to the awkward elevator scene, this was the episode "Clois" fans (me included) had been waiting for.

6. Odyssey: this was the episode that grew Smallville up. And it also proved that this show still had kick in it, despite losing Lex, Lana, and Lionel. I loved seeing Clark powerless in the Russian work camp, loved Lois and Tess' first meeting, and greatly enjoyed the wrap-up to Chloe's healing powers and the introduction of the Brainiac storyline. This was a great season opener, if not a little rushed.

7. Bulletproof: what a fantastic episode for Clark! I was ecstatic seeing him go undercover, and then meeting Dan Turpin. The final showdown between Clark, Turpin, Oliver, and the rogue cops is definitely memorable. Also, the Lana/Tess subplot, climaxing in Tess telling Lex to *beep* off and jamming the surveillance device was quite awesome. Loved this episode.

8. Turbulence: everything from Clark superspeed-changing in front of Chloe to fighting Tess over the backpack to Jimmy's creepy nightmares to Clark & Tess' cat-and-mouse games on the plane to Davis drugging Jimmy to Chloe's heartbreaking indecision to Clark saving Tess to Chloe and Jimmy's fateful confrontation to the final breathtaking montage. Yeah, this one gets an A+ by far.

9. Hex: probably the most fun I've had watching a Smallville episode since the seasons 1 & 2 days! The casting for Zatanna was spot on, as was Erica Durance's performance. Not to mention Tom Welling's. The Daily Planet rooftop scene goes down as one of the best scenes in the show's history. It was also nice to see Chloe's journalism storyline get some closure and to see her fully embrace her Watchtower role on the Justice League. Also the loved the ambiguous hints at a resurrection for Lex.

10. Doomsday: quite the fitting end to a great season. Naturally, it was heartbreaking. Jimmy's heroic death in Chloe's arms brought a few tears, not gonna lie. Davis' tragic turn was horrificly perfect. I really want to know where Lois is! Clark and Oliver's conflict had devastating consequences, and finally Clark turning his back on humanity - not to mention the re-arrival of General Zod - is leaving me on the edge of my seat for season 9. Unlike most, I thought this finale was up there with Commencement and Exodus. If only CW would give Smallville two-hour premieres and finales!

Other stand-out episodes were:
                  Plastique, Legion, Requiem, Infamous, Stiletto, & Beast.

The others (Toxic, Instinct, Abyss, Power, Eternal, & Injustice) were ALL good, though. Season 8 was a GREAT season.
                  Last edited by DailyPlanetFan; 07-15-2009, 02:48 PM.

Comment

DailyPlanetFan, I really enjoyed reading your analysis of the episodes this season, and thought you were very well-reasoned in your explanation of why you chose each one. I also thought it was refreshing to find a poster who could find something good about most everything in Season 8. I think I really liked this season more than I originally thought, but it's hard to not get a little jaded when there's so much negativism that abounds sometimes in discussion of certain plots that did not go over as well. Thanks for posting!

--SGuthrie ><>' --

Comment

Stiletto
                      Committed
                      Identity
                      Bloodline
                      Bride
                      Hex
                      Toxis
                      Odyssey
                      Instinct
                      Plastique

Comment

Originally posted by chlo-el
                        1. Beast- Chlavis fantasy, Dr. Emil, Davis Clark fight. This was really great ep and the cemetry was really great using the same song from the begining as the end.
                        2. Eternal-Beautiful Tragic.
                        3. Turbulence- It was so well written and well acted showing everyones point of view
                        4. Plastique-We meet Davis for the first time. It was a great intro to the season.
                        5. Abysse- So well done.
                        6. Bride- The camaera work was a smart move.
                        7. Prey-Man SW did an amazing job.
                        8-Idenity-Jimmy figuring out Clark was the red Blue Blur. It was classic. And the end where Chloiac kills sabastion was creepy cool.
                        9-Legion-The legion of Superheroes were great. And it all being about saving Chloe was good for this Chloe fan. I just didn't like the whole Chloe isn't remebered stuff.
                        10- Odyssey- I really loved the season Premeire it got me really excited for the season.

Season 8 was my fave season minus Lana arc and Doomsday which was just apalling.
                        ^ I see we have alot in common.

Here's mine:

1. Eternal - Loved the flashbacks of Little Lex and Davis. All the Chlavis scenes were amazing. Way to go, SW and AM!
                        2. Turbulence - If SW is that smooth in real life, then he could be dangerous.
                        3. Beast - Pretty much an epi devoted to us Chlavis fans. High Five!
                        4. Bride - Very well done. Editing, Music, Acting, Directing. Just perfect.
                        5. Bloodline - Interesting revelations and SW and ED were great in it!
                        6. Abyss - Chloe Epi! Oh and James Marsters' voice.
                        7. Plastique - The whole Bette thing could have been better, but other scenes made it stand out...Davis Intro, Clark coming to work in plaid(haha), Lightbulb
                        8. Prey - Another all around good epi. SW elevated this show so much.
                        9. Legion - Again, SW and AM rocked.
                        10. Requiem - Even though Clana is annoying, it made me cry.

Comment

1.Abyss
                          2.Bride
                          3.Legion
                          4.Hex
                          5.Beast
                          6.Infamous
                          7.Eternal
                          8.Prey
                          9.Turbulence
                          10.Doomsday

Comment