Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

1. Apocalypse - Clois
    2. Gemini - good storyline
    3. Descent - poor poor Lionel, he was a great character
    4. Siren - Black Canary but mostly Clark comforting Lois!
    5. Fracture - I just enjoy it
    6. Traveler - again I enjoy it
    7. Arctic - Michael Rosenbaum!! and Lois comforting Clark
    8. Bizarro - Lana died. Lois died. No, Lois didn't die, Chloe did. No, Chloe didn't die either, wait either did Lana... but what about Lionel, is he dead??!!
    9. Lara - Clarks kryptomama
    10. Kara - Kara!

Comment

^^^ Funniest description of Bizarro I've ever read, LOL!

--SGuthrie ><>' --

Comment

I also think S7 is very underrated. Don't know why people hate it so much. Sure, the first half was kinda rocky, but I think the Veritas arc in the second half is one of their best arcs. I love mystery and searching/going on quests. Which is part of why I love the Stones arc so much. I actually think the writer's strike helped them, by having there be two less episodes. It forced them to focus on the plot, instead of having more filler episodes, as they would have. More episodes does not always bode well for Smallville. So this list should be easy for me.

1. Persona -- Love this one so much. One of my favorites from the entire series. James Marsters as Brainiac was awesome, as always. He had such a great plan that actually succeeded. (Wonder if Clark even knows Dax-Ur is dead...) Bizarro was also a much more complicated character in this one. He had more depth. Because he really did love Lana. And she loved him. Very good tension for Lana & Clark and I love the whole ending montage with that great music and the wonderful scene with Lana & Clark in their bedroom. So much said, without any dialogue. ... Can't say enough about how much I love this episode.

2. Quest -- The search for the device is really amped up in this one and I just love it. The clock, where it is, the song, the castle and linking up with the pilot where we learned Lionel brought it over stone by stone. Just... all the riddles and the finding of the device in a place that has been right in front of us for years. Whenever I see the fireplace in previous episodes now, I'm all, "The device is behind there! Squee!" Plus, Robert Picardo is a fantastic actor. I did think his turning on Clark happened a little too quickly, but maybe not. That guy had lost his family, everything... he was on the verge of snapping. Finding out his "savior" was not exactly what he thought he would be just pushed him over the edge. So yeah, I love this one.

3. Arctic -- I don't know why this finale is so frowned upon. I think it's one of the best. Brainiac as Kara? Awesome. Laura played that so well. The scene at the beginning in the plane was so cool, along with its destruction. The same move of Clark grabbing "Kara" by the ankle, as in the episode Kara, but this time she booted him in the face. Her discussion with Lex and making him realize he already knows who the traveler is. The attack on Chloe was sooo cool. I wish more had come from the whole "What are you?" thing, like she was more than just meteor infected, that it was something else. But then we got the Brainiac arc in S8, which I love, so I'm happy. Clark destroying Brainiac was great and then his confrontation with Lex in the Fortress. I wish there was a little more to that confrontation, but... oh well. It was still good. And the collapse of the Fortress was amazing. One of the only things I dislike about this episode is Jimmy proposing. I have never seen "it" between them. There was never any real chemistry and I don't think she ever truly loved him. I don't care about 8.22, she never really loved him.

4. Traveler -- The beginning of the Veritas arc and such a cool episode. Great acting all around, Patricia was a cool character. Lex took another step towards darkness by killing her for her locket. The end scene of him wiping the blood from it... so creepy. Just so many great scenes in this episode. I love the one with Clark and Lionel at the end where Lionel is pleading with Clark, saying he's a different man, then the music shuts off in such a cool way and Clark says, "No you're not." Poor Lionel. I could go on with this episode, but I'm rambling too much. But I just love this one, too. And it's written by my favorite writing team, Don Whitehead & Holly Henderson. In S8 they have a couple stumble episodes, but in this season... any episode they wrote was great.

5. Veritas -- Love all the flashbacks with Lex. I recently watched this episode back to back with Eternal, and it was so cool how similar they were. But that little red headed kid is such a good young Lex. And I loved seeing the newspaper that we saw in the pilot. Just... gah, just everything, all adding to the Veritas arc. Lionel's spiral, trying to get anyone to listen to him. Brainiac and what he did to Lana, then he and Kara flying away from Earth. I read Clark was supposed to fly after them in the original script, but budget wouldn't allow it. It would have been so cool if he had tried to fly, then had fallen back to Earth. Would have looked awesome and have been really emotional. I even like Jimmy in this episode. He and Lois working together. I loved it whenever they teamed up. They actually worked well together, the two actors had such great chemistry. End scene with Lana and Clark was beautiful. Also, after Lana got stuck by the Brainiac needles... she just looked even more beautiful. Not sure how to explain it. Sure, she had the glassy eyes, but the rest of her face was just... kinda glowy. I dunno, but she looked great.

6. Lara -- Didn't even realize this until I just looked, but it's again written by my favorite writing team. This episode is so good, starting off with a literal bang with the battle on Krypton and Kara's escape. Then followed with that cool shot where the plane almost hits her. I really loved all the flashbacks in this episode. I think it was a much better episode for Lara than Blue was. Such a great Kara episode, too (Laura did a great acting job). I really enjoyed how she and Clark were not on good terms in this episode. Usually she was all, "Oh, Clark, you're right about everything, la la la." But this time she was doing things her way. Sure, it got her in trouble, but it was still cool. I love where she knocks Clark into the metal door then flies away. It was great how this episode linked back to Memoria, by using the... kyrpto-memory... stuff. Heh. I just love continuity.

7. Descent -- The death of Lionel and Lex's fall into darkness. Michael is always great at acting, but this was superb. I love the mirror of Lex's murder attempt on his father in Phoenix with this one. In that episode he was ranting and basically insane. In this one... he was so calm about everything. Almost as if it was just business. When I rewatch old episodes, I think, "One day you'll kill him" and it's just so weird. Lex's fight with his inner-child/his good side was so good. It was perfect to bring back that kid, especially since we had seen him as Lex's good side in Fracture. The scene where he killed that side of him... wow. Man, just every MR scene in this episode is insanely good. Might be my favorite performance by him. The killing of his assistant is a great scene, too. So scary. Poor woman. She was a bad person, but... still. Looked like a bad way to die. I liked Lois and Jimmy working together again, but I didn't like them trapped in the freezer. Dude, use that metal thing in your hand to break the door's window. One last thing about this one. The final scene. Look at where Lionel was buried. Not in the grand graveyard section of all those Luthors, where Lex's mother, and even Lex himself (empty casket) was buried. But a random, plain grave in a long line. It may have been because they couldn't get the previous set back... but I don't think so. I think it was done intentionally. Lex gave Lionel one last insult by making his grave un-important.

8. Kara -- Great introduction for her character, some wonderful visual effects, good confrontational scene between Lex and Lana where we find out what really happened to her. Just an all around good episode.

9. Bizarro -- The dam breaking and that rush of water was one of the coolest effects the show has done. Wonderful. Some great fights between Clark and Bizarro. Chloe waking up in the morgue. Great start to the season. Just one thing. Lana? Never wear that wig again. :P

10. Apocalypse -- Just because. It certainly is good. Not my favorite, but good. It might have been cooler as a longer episode, but they did well with the time they had. Loved the interaction between Lois & Clark. But for Kara... eh, I wish she had been more bad. She throws one (admittedly awesome) punch, then is all "Okay, let's be friends." Odd. Again, James Marsters is great. Lex as an evil President is awesome, along with shooting Clark with krypto-bullets. The look of the episode is just great, Tom did an excellent directing job. But even with how good it is... it does seem sort of like a stall in the Veritas arc. Still, it's certainly one of those iconic episodes leading to him being Superman, and it's a good episode, so it gets a spot on my top ten.

This list was actually much harder than I thought. Not with finding enough episodes, had an abundance. It was choosing the order and which ones to put in, because I really love so much of them. But I'm happy with the list. Took me quite awhile to write, with how much I gushed over them. Honorable mention: Sleeper. No, it's not the best, but I still like it. I usually hate filler episodes, but this was just kind of fun. Besides, it had a very important part in the Veritas arc with Lex using the keys. That makes it worth it.

So yeah, I don't get why people are so against this season. For the most part I thought it was really strong. Might be my second favorite season after S8.
        Last edited by Nerf; 08-15-2010, 01:28 PM.

Comment

1. Apocalypse (2nd best episode of entire series only to Exile)
          2. Traveler
          3. Arctic
          4. Veritas
          5. Descent
          6. Gemini
          7. Blue
          8. Lara
          9. Quest
          10. Persona

Comment

1. Apocalypse
            2. Bizarro
            3. Lara
            4. Veritas
            5. Descent
            6. Blue
            7. Arctic
            8. Quest
            9. Traveler
            10. Action

This was by far the hardest season to find a top 10, because it was such a lackluster and very rushed season due to the writer's strike. I hated the Clana and Bizarro/Lana stuff. However, there are some things that I enjoyed, all the Chlark stuff, basically. And I enjoyed Kara's storyline. Apocalypse was by far the best episode of the season, IMO.

Comment

1. Apocalypse
              2. Descent
              3. Siren
              4. Bizarro
              5. Kara
              6. Fracture
              7. Veritas
              8. Lara
              9. Traveler
              10. Arctic

Comment

Hey there, friends! Seeing as I started the majority of these threads, I thought it might be fun to share with you the scores for each episode, as they've been tabulated thus far. For now, I'm just going with the raw score (number of times it appears in people's top ten) for each episode, and ranking them from highest to lowest. I'll be interested to hear whether or not you think this accurately reflects the best this season has to offer, and if the top ten shown here really are the top ten episodes of this season.

1. Bizarro - 30 votes
                2. Apocalypse - 28 votes
                3. Descent - 27 votes
                4. Persona (TIE) - 23 votes
                4. Traveler (TIE) - 23 votes
                6. Arctic (TIE) - 21 votes
                6. Siren (TIE) - 21 votes
                8. Gemini (TIE) - 19 votes
                9. Veritas - 18 votes
                10. Fracture (TIE) - 16 votes
                10. Kara (TIE) - 16 votes
                ----------
                12. Lara - 9 votes
                13. Quest (TIE) - 7 votes
                13. Cure (TIE) - 7 votes
                14. Action (THREE-WAY TIE) - 6 votes
                14. Wrath (THREE-WAY TIE) - 6 votes
                14. Blue (THREE-WAY TIE) - 6 votes
                18. Fierce (THREE-WAY TIE) - 1 vote
                18. Hero (THREE-WAY TIE) - 1 vote
                18. Sleeper (THREE-WAY TIE) - 1 vote
                Last edited by SGuthrie27; 12-31-2010, 07:24 PM. Reason: Included Dr. Emil's Vote!

Comment

Here's another way of looking at the score breakdown!!! Below is the percentage of people's lists that each episode appeared on.

Bizarro - 97%
                  Apocalypse - 90%

Descent - 87%
                  Persona - 74%
                  Traveler - 74%

Arctic - 68%
                  Siren - 68%
                  Gemini - 61%
                  Veritas - 58%

Fracture - 52%
                  Kara - 52%
                  Lara - 29%
                  Quest - 23%
                  Cure - 23%
                  Action - 19%
                  Wrath - 19%
                  Blue - 19%

Fierce - 3%
                  Hero - 3%
                  Sleeper - 3%
                  Last edited by SGuthrie27; 01-01-2011, 03:26 PM. Reason: Included Dr. Emil's Vote

Comment

1) Apocalypse
                    2) Siren
                    3) Bizarro
                    4) Descent
                    5) Kara

Umm... Sorry but I can't make a top 10. lol The episodes that I listed were the only ones that I enjoyed. All the others were bleh.

Comment

Season 7 was one of my favorite seasons!I rewatch it whenever I can....

BIZARRO
                      GEMINI
                      PERSONA
                      KARA
                      CURE
                      APOCALYPSE
                      DESCENT
                      ARCTIC
                      SIREN
                      TRAVELER

Comment

Originally posted by DrEmil
                        Season 7 was one of my favorite seasons!I rewatch it whenever I can....

BIZARRO
                        GEMINI
                        PERSONA
                        KARA
                        CURE
                        APOCALYPSE
                        DESCENT
                        ARCTIC
                        SIREN
                        TRAVELER
                        If you don't mind my asking... why do you like it so much? I mean, I will admit that when I've re-watched it, I found more to enjoy than I did originally, but it's one of my least favorite seasons compared to others. But I will fully admit that I can find things to like in just about every season and every episode if I look hard enough.

Comment

Season 7 top 10

1. Descent- John Glover & Michael Rosenbaum were outstanding. And the last scene between Clark and Lex is incredible.

2. Apocalypse- My favorite alternate universe episode of the series.

3. Bizarro- One of the strongest season premieres.

4. Siren- I'm not a huge fan of all the DC Comics characters-centric episodes, but this one was an exception. Plus Erica Durance stole the show in this one.

5. Gemini- Great suspense-filled episode. Nice cliffhanger

6. Persona

7. Veritas

8. Blue

9. Traveler

10. Arctic
                          Last edited by SVFAN89; 01-10-2011, 12:49 AM.

Comment

Here are the updated standings, including Brendan's most recent entries!

Season 7 - 33 ENTRIES
                            1. Bizarro - 32 votes
                            2. Apocalypse - 30 votes
                            3. Descent - 29 votes
                            4. Persona - 25 votes
                            5. Traveler - 24 votes
                            6. Arctic - 23 votes
                            7. Siren - 22 votes
                            8. Gemini (TIE) - 20 votes
                            8. Veritas (TIE) - 20 votes
                            10. Fracture - 17 votes

----------
                            11. Kara - 16 votes
                            12. Lara - 9 votes
                            13. Cure - 8 votes
                            14. Quest (THREE-WAY TIE) - 7 votes
                            14. Blue (THREE-WAY TIE) - 7 votes
                            14. Action (THREE-WAY TIE) - 7 votes
                            17. Wrath - 6 votes
                            18. Hero - 2 votes
                            19. Fierce (THREE-WAY TIE) - 1 vote
                            19. Sleeper (THREE-WAY TIE) - 1 vote

Here's another way of looking at the score breakdown!!! Below is the percentage of people's lists that each episode appeared on.

Bizarro - 97%
                            Apocalypse - 91%

Descent - 88%
                            Persona - 76%
                            Traveler - 73%

Arctic - 70%
                            Siren - 67%
                            Gemini - 61%

Veritas - 61%
                            Fracture - 52%
                            Kara - 48%

Lara - 27%
                            Cure - 24%
                            Quest - 21%
                            Blue - 21%

Action - 21%
                            Wrath - 18%

Hero - 6%
                            Fierce - 3%
                            Sleeper - 3%
                            Last edited by SGuthrie27; 01-10-2011, 02:52 PM. Reason: Included Jesse's votes

Comment

My Top Ten

1. Arctic - Where Lex Luthor makes his first attempt to destroy Superman.

2. Apocalypse - A look to the alternate is always fantastic.

3. Descent - Lex finally looses himself.

4. Persona - The end montage with "Pioneer to the Falls" playing makes the episode.

5. Fracture - Inside the mind of a Luthor is a dangerous place.

6. Veritas - "If you would have done things my way... no one would have gotten hurt."

7. Bizzaro - Great Season premiere.

8. Traveler - There is not enough to say about this episode.

9. Cure - Just love this episode

10. Action - Clark catches Lana midair. How awesome is that?!!

"Quest" was really good, I just don't know where to put it on the list.
                              Last edited by Overcast 86; 01-16-2011, 12:53 PM.

Comment

Here's my Season 7 episode ranking as well as the season average (at the moment).

Top 10

1. Bizarro: 7.5
                                2. Descent: 7.5
                                3. Gemini: 7.5
                                4. Apocalypse: 7
                                5. Lara: 7
                                6. Kara: 7
                                7. Action: 6.5
                                8. Persona: 6
                                9. Siren: 6
                                10. Fracture: 6

11. Arctic: 6

12. Fierce: 5.5
                                13. Cure: 5.5
                                14. Blue: 5.5
                                15. Wrath: 5
                                16. Hero: 5

17. Traveler: 4
                                18. Veritas: 4
                                19. Quest: 4

20. Sleeper: 2.5

Season 7 Average: 5.75

First Half
                                (Bizarro--Persona) 6.3
                                Second Half
                                (Siren--Arctic) 5.2
                                Last edited by HopeforTomorrow; 03-31-2011, 11:04 AM. Reason: Updated

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎